Jets announce Eric Bieniemy interview complete

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Please delete this thread auto correct screwed up the title & I don't know how to edit title, so I created a new thread...Thank you Budjet

#1 BudJet, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Great to see that they are getting on with the interview process - there is lots to do after the new man is appointed

3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Jets announce Eric Bieniemy interview is complete
    Posted by Josh Alper on January 2, 2019, 1:25 PM EST
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images

The Jets have their first interview of this year’s head coaching search in the books.

The team announced on Wednesday afternoon that they have completed an interview with Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy. It’s also the first completed interview for Bieniemy, who is also set to talk to the Buccaneers on Wednesday before moving on to interviews with the Dolphins and Bengals.

Hiring a coach with an offensive background would be a departure for the Jets as they have favored the defensive side of the ball over the last two decades. Bill Parcells replaced Rich Kotite in 1997 and was followed by Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan and Todd Bowles.

Given the presence of quarterback Sam Darnold, it’s no surprise that the team is looking in that direction. Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken, former Packers head coach Mike McCarthy and USC offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury also fit that bill, although Cowboys defensive backs coach Kris Richard is also on the candidate list.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now the Jets can interview their short list of candidates.

CBG, 94Abraham and ConcordeChops like this.
  5. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I like the idea that they are moving fast. Only 2 days after firing of Bowles the Jets have interviewed one of the more sort after candidates for the job. Next I would like to see McCarthy & Monken. Hope they don't procrastinate after these interviews. I like all three of these guys. Choose the one they like and get him signed

#5 BudJet, Jan 2, 2019
    barfolomew likes this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Love that they are updating the media with their progress.

BudJet likes this.
  7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Interview was done in the name of due diligence. I don't think he'll be the hire.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Good. Now the league knows. We're in compliance. Now let's move on to the real candidates

9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I actually think...hope... McCarthy or Monken will be the choice for next HC

10. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

Monken is choice #1. Pete Carmichael would be choice 2 if he'd be willing to pry away from NO. Bieniemy is choice 3. McCarthy ranks somewhere between 6-8 for me. More of my last resort type coach unless he'd be bringing along someone like Kliff or Kevin Stefanski to be our OC. God help us if he brings in Joe Philbin to be OC

PJ4Ever and vegaskarl like this.
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

???
    This board is salivating over Kilff Kingsbury but Bieniemy is just a Rooney rule interview??? Wtf is that about?

K'OB, Red Menace, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Kingsbury has been a head coach calling plays and developing QBs for years. Bieniemy has been coaching running backs and has never called a play in his life. There's a pretty big difference between the two. Neither of them are atop my list but I see the difference.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Rooney Rule requirement- Check.

It’s a shame for him though if that was part of the reason he was interviewed and not because he could be a good candidate.

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. Wouldnt Jim Caldwell have satisfied the rooney rule just as well?

Bienemy is the next in line of the Reid disciples.His problem is hes never called plays & for our purposes has never developed a quarterback

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I kind of like the idea of Monken simply because I'm an armchair primatologist and it's so there. The joy of calling him The Monkey all year long would light my fire. Chad Pennington (Monkey Ears), Mark Sanchez (The Chimp), Geno Smith (The Year of the Monkey . . . because he was drafted in The Year of The Monkey). The list goes on and on. Some Hispanic guy freaked out on me on another board because he didn't know or get the references.

Granted it was far looser than most places, but really? We know true hatred when we see it. Sanchez had so many names we'd be all year - and it's only January 2nd. Chimpchez. Herpes Chimplex. Little Man Chimplex. The Chimpsize. Chimplestiltskin. The only thing I was truly responsible for was The Chimp, but it took off and went viral in a small community. I'm kind of a low rung legend because of it. I explained it and finally said how does Mark Sanchez get into The New Dump? He scales the fence. It shut him up and he never came back, haha.

EDIT & P.S.: Rod Blagojevich was also not even close to being safe from the Chimp moniker, lol.

#15 jetophile, Jan 2, 2019
  16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Why interview him then?

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Because he is a viable candidate.

Red Menace and TonyFtLaud like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You have to ask...?

Jedi mind tricks and Red Menace like this.
  19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Ummmm, what is going on??

20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I literally have never heard Sanchez referred to as Chimp (or any derivation thereof) nor Pennington ever called Monkey Ears.

And associating Geno Smith with monkeys just sounds slightly racist.

I don’t get it.

boozer32 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.