Jets already under cap - Daily News

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pavlus53, Mar 2, 2006.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

WOW...I am extremely impressed by the Jets...Nice job of doing it without alot of parading...if we are indeed under the cap I say cut penny, mawae, kendall and maybe even barrett...that way we will actually have some wiggle room.

2. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Looks like we'll have a ton of new faces around for the 2006 season. We are following the Romeo Crennell/Cleveland path. Out with the old and in with the new and (hopefully) improved!!!!! 2007 will be our year in the sun...

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

And the Jets continue to make all the right moves this offseason. :beer:

4. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I agree Long Time Jet Fan, One is by not signing John Abe to a long term deal. If you have been reading the news articalls it does not look like to is too much interest in him from other teams. THAT to me is a great move. And holding are ground with CHAD another good move. Clearing out a offensive line that is way to old and getan infussion of youth will make our team competitive in the future. GO JETS

5. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

If Kevin goes the Jets better jump on LeCharles Bentley

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So if this is true by cutting Mawae and Chad we would put ourselves even further under the cap, but then again wouldn't restructuring Chad would be more benificial? Wow this purge might not be as bad as I thought. I think these guys clearly have a vision and they are showing it right now. Could you imagne how bad things would be right now if Herm and Badway were still running the show. By restrucuring these deals it shows Mangini and Tanny are preparing for an uncapped 07 season......

7. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I absolutely love how the FO does business now. The media has no clue what's going on, so they can't run around like chickens screaming the sky is falling. It's funny how we've gotten our cap situation fixed when everyone swore that it was impossible and we were doomed. Whatever.

8. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

wow hopefully this means we wont lose anyone now!

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

and we still have the issues of penny and JAbe to conclude....to be continued...Penny results will be in by 10ET.....talk to you all later

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

hey, Jetsin2004, can you briefly explain to me what cutting Pennington does to the cap if we are indeed under? Is it a $12mill. hit? If so, does that mean 12mill adds onto the cap #, which would then put us over the cap? I'm confused, so in patient laymen terms, can you explain it?

cheers

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Others on the bubble are Pete Kendall ($5.2 million cap number), David Barrett ($3.8 million) and Eric Barton ($3.8 million), each of whom is due a large roster bonus tomorrow.

Why Barrett and Barton? If those guys are cut we're just creating more holes. We have enough needs, you keep cutting starters it will just get worse and next season we might as well just hope for the first overall pick.....

12. njjet

njjet Member

The JETS should play hardball with Pennington. Our way or the HIGHWAY!!!