Jets 53

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsfanHBca, Sep 2, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He kind of already was last year. There were stretches of time when the team outright quit and looked apathetic...not prepared. Had no interest in playing. They totally quit on Bowles.

And Bowles is nearly always outcoached, even when they do give a good effort. Rex coached circles around him twice in 2015. Down by two scores with like 7 or 8 min to go in Pitt, in Pitt territory on a 4th and short and he's PUNTING!? Remember that? He just has no awareness or understanding as to how to coach in the league.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. forevercursed

Eric Winston?

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Other than QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, OG, C, LB, CB, K, P we're looking pretty good.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I dunno, but if it is, the Jets will find a way to accomplish it. LOL

There were only a few names I recognized on that list:
    Khalif Barnes (OT)
    Eric Winston (OT)
    Cyrus Kouandjio (OT)
    Jeremy Zuttah (C)
    Craig Urbik (C)
    Gabe Ikard (C)
    Tyler Orlosky (C)

Barnes, who is 35, has played on 3 teams, and I may be wrong, but don't think he was ever that good.

Winston, who is 33, has played on 4 teams, and never been that good.

Kouandjio, who played at Alabama and is only 24, but has been a pretty big disappointment in the NFL; Michael Schofield, who is 24, and I know little about.

Zuttah is 31. He made the Pro Bowl last year, but was cut by the Ravens, signed by another team who cut him 2 weeks ago, was re-signed by the Ravens, and now they've cut him again. It seems like he has nothing left.

I've heard of Urbik before, vaguely remember when he was in the draft, but know nothing about him.

I heard of Ikard when he was in the draft, but know nothing of him since.

Orlosky was in the draft this year, but went undrafted. He was a captain at WVA, but evidently didn't show enough with the Eagles to stick.

5. forevercursed

Alex Boone too. Remember him from the 9ers. Was an All Pro one year. Worth a look

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree 100% on that. One thing they will get right this year is they have the right coach for a tank job. No need to coach differently or change tactics. Just be Bowles that at least 8 losses right there. The rest will come from McCown and the subpar talent.

tomdeb likes this.
  7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

was just looking at our depth chart on ourlads and it is just incredible how bad it looks compared to even a few years ago.

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

yeah, and look at OL that Mac the nut picked up on the waiver wire--zero, as in his brain count.

9. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

LOL! i love it.

10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

So what's the reason for the Jets beating the Bills twice last year? Can we give Bowles credit for that accomplishment? Can't have it both ways. He's 1-1 in my book when going by the first 2 seasons. This is the make or break year so I'll draw conclusions based on how the team responds to his leadership. Wins and losses won't be much of a factor because of the QB issue unless, they go 0-fer the season or 1-15, 2-14.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Great mix of athletic, hungry youth with just the right amount of solid veteran leadership ... under the guidance of a head coach, second to none. We're ready for anything the 2017 season can throw at us.

Let's get this party started!
    Bring on those fu*#ing Bills!!

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Either we really need a Sarcasm emoji OR you should seek help soon as possible.. :)

truthbtold and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's easily the worst offense I've seen on paper for any teams in a long time.

It remind me of those mid 2000's 49ers offenses with Tim Rattay. I want to say 2004-2005ish where they just had absolutely nothing on offense. Kevan Barlow & friends.

It's gonna be a blood bath. I fully expect us to be losing a ton of games by like 24-6 scores.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who would you have signed, Tom?

There were a couple of players who I knew their names that might be better than some of our OL, but most of them I had never heard of.