Jets 2018 Preseason - Six can't wait to see moments

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, May 9, 2018.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To all TGG fans. Mercifully the draft is behind us, we got our man, and we are slowly moving forward to OTAs and training camp. IMHO, this year more than ever there will be a lot of early excitement on the road to the final cuts. It's going to be a special kind of pre-season and it will be a lot of fun sharing progress and expectations with you guys.

Some really tough decisions will have to be made. As an avid and hopeful fan, I look forward to at least six very special moments. I can't wait to see them unfold.

1- Sam Darnold progress and pre-season look

2- Teddy Bridgewater progress and pre-season look

3- A glimpse at Bates new Offense

4- The WRs performance - Will the best 6 WRs please stand up, stay healthy and be dominant

5- Do we have a legit kick/punt returner?

6- Is there a real pass rusher in the defense?

I know I have my sunshine glasses on. Am I putting too much into pre-season? How do you guys see it?

Here is to a great new beginning for us

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Not seeing a playoff team just yet, but should improve significantly from last year.

Looking forward to seeing all the rookies and 1 year vets on the bubble compete and hopefully rise to their talent, particularly Leggett, Clark, and Jones.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I like your list ..but to me number 1 and 3 will be the most interesting development

They say Bates was a poor college OC..is this really true? What has he got in store for our new QBs and WRs??

Numero uno is Sam ..because with or without the present FO and CS he IS the future of the franchise

The other numbers are important but secondary...we all know about Teddy coming back from the dead and the DL DL DL PASS RUSH blah blah blah

Plus the non issue of WR ...I am actually confident esp with Quincy back this won't be a major concern...JUST GET IN THE ENDZONE

I want to see some POINTS on the board in some small way from this team

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Things I want to see this preseason-

1) Is Teddy healthy enough to stand up to some NFL hits and keep ticking? If not, do we bring in another veteran QB?

2) Can any of the TEs on the roster actually play?

3) Can Hack show us any evidence that he is worth keeping around, or is he done before he ever got started? How does this play with #1?

4) Is our O-line at least improved enough that putting Darnold out there isn't a guaranteed disaster? If not, how does this play with #1?

5) Are our linebackers capable of living up to the rest of the D? The DBs should be excellent, the DL should be capable of shutting down the inside runs, but I don't anticipate a whole lot of pass rush from them. I look at the LBs, and I don't see a whole lot of coverage nor pass rush capability there--it looks like they're built to shut down running backs.

6) Who is going to step up to take Robby Anderson's job? This guy needs to be gone sooner rather than later, IMO. We need to see some of our other young WRs step it up.

stinkyB and LAJet like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks NY012. As to the WR I think the FO is looking to an eventual replacement for Anderson...he is just too volatile and a risk to potential suspension. My two cents..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus to that

Wow ! The whole team needs to be under the microscope..ahahaha

7. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

If I take the glass half full approach, we could have a top 5 secondary, any of our 3 quarterbacks could potentially light it up, If Robby stays out of trouble and Enunwa is healthy, our receiver depth is very good, and we have three good running backs. We still have a lot of holes, but I could see nine or ten wins if everything breaks our way.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I’ll have to keep telling myself the matrix movie line

“Everyone falls the first time”

The hype on Darnold is going to be too much to take. He’ll be analyzed in camp in 7 on 7, in 11 on 11, in classroom in the damn bathroom

Pray he makes it through the fishbowl

Brook! and LAJet like this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Too early to talk about playoffs. The NFL is very much a year to year league and some years 8-8 gets you in and others 10-6 leaves you out (we've had both happen to us)

I'd like to see someone like Herndon have a nice 50-60 catch season and start a long, prosperous run as Darnolds safety valve. I love Herndons athleticism far more than that stiff Amaro

2019 is when we'll reward Sam with that bigtime receiver. He'll have to make due with what we have now which isn't so bad. Crazy good depth just nothing sensational top end when it comes to a beast like AJ Green or Beckham or Brown. Would be nice to see someone like Stewart or Hansen impress. Is Devin Smith even still on the team?

10. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I like watching opponents rookies in the preseason, looks like we get to see guice and Barkley this year which is cool