Jet fans were horrible today - again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So here we are in the playoff hunt on a perfect day for football and what do we get at the stadium?

* Another game when the stadium is 25% full at kickoff - disgraceful

* About 10,000 to 15,000 no shows

* Another game when the stadium is 25% full after the third quarter ends.

I have been going to games for 40 years and this season is the worst I ever seen for fan involvement and enthusiasm. If you can't get your ass in the stadium for kickoff, give up your tickets - you don't deserve them.

If you can't get your ass to a game on a 60 degree day in November when the Jets are in the playoff hunt, give your tickets to somebody who really wants to watch Jet football- you don't deserve your tickets.

If it means that much to you to beat the traffic and get home 30 minutes early so that you don't watch the 4th quarter, stay home and watch on TV and never have to worry about beating the traffic and give your tickets to a true fan.

And those of you who think having a home game on Thanksgiving would be a great thing - when 15,000 fans can't make it the Sunday after Thanksgiving, how many fans do you think will show up on Thanksgiving night???? I'd be shocked if the stadium were half full.

2. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Give your tickets to me if you aren't going.

I was watching on TV. The place felt quite. The only time it was noisy was when Chad was going nuts.

3. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

we arent in the playoff hunt, we're in the 'miracle for the playoffs' telethon

4. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

The possible Thanksgiving game WOULD NOT be home. Dallas & Detroit are ALWAYS home on Thanksgiving

5. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving night? KC at Denver? Duh?

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

In another thread people were talking about the Jets getting in the rotation for the expected annual Thanksgiving Night game that was played in KC this year.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You're absolutely right....but posting this won't change anything.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Speaking of.... does anybody know how I go about getting my name on the list for season tickets. I know it's abuot 15 years but by then I should be able to afford 8 round trip tickets to New Jersey 8 times a year. I'm sure my mum would love to see me 8 weekends a year.

9. Pride

Pride New Member

My biggest gripe was how people left when the Texans were driving when it was 26-3. Im sqaying in my seat, ITS NOT FUCKING OVER

10. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

No offense, but the people who choose not to use their tickets, probably will never read your post on this message board...

11. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Well I'd say it was over. But I still wouldn't leave.

12. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

i was watching with my dad today, and throughout the game i kept pointing out how the place looked and sounded empty...if people dont want there tickets....get rid of them. i no id get my ass to the games.

13. amsingh

amsingh New Member

Yeah it's sad. There are some cities in the country that would KILL for an NFL franchise and would come out and support their team. We are in the greatest city in the world and we are awarded 2 NFL teams and we can't even fill up the stadium when our team is in the playoff hunt in Week 12.

Those red seats look even worse in HD.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It is sad, isn't it? I mean, nobody in my section will even stand on 3rd down. I wish we could get a college atmosphere, and yell every down on defense. I know that will never happen, but that's always my dream.

Although, the people leaving early lets me to move 3 sections and 19 rows closer to get to the front row toward the middle of the field to watch the last 5 minutes. Got Coles to point at me and smile when I held up his jersey that I was wearing.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

God I would love to go every week , if I could afford it I'd fly there for every home game. Its painfull hearing/seeing empty seats when THERE are diehard fans not in there. As said before give the tickets to someone who wants to go. I do that with my season ticket for the Toon , I walk into the pub and just offer them up...and they're gone.NO empty seat.

16. Forge

Forge New Member

Why if people don't show up don't they sell tickets at the gate for the empty spots?

It sounds like you guys have too many season tickets available ...

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I think they should be GIVEN away.

18. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I bum off my uncles season tickets when he doesn't go. When I went to the Miami game it looked dead, could it have been worse than that? Hmm... and we are fans begging for a new stadium that we wont fill up on game day? Maybe it will change in 2009 when the new stadium is built...

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Oh good, another "mother pin a rose on me" I'm such a great fan thread. This kind of masturbatory nonsense is about as worthwhile as a baghead topic. As was already mentioned the people that you're "taking to task" don't read or post here.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah some people are just lucky and dont use them. those people should be pegged with rocks until they give them up.