Jet fans are 2 face

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Feb 27, 2006.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

It's a damn shame to see how people are dogging Pennington a few years ago he was like god around here. There nothing wrong with wanting to cut Chad because of his injuries,but you don't have to act like he did nothing for this team. Ever since Chad took over as our starting QB he played great. We ALL was excited like we havn't been in years. I for one are not going to dog him because he may never play again. A lot of you always talk about players being loyal to the team what about fans being loyal to good players like Chad for what he did for us.

#1 #1 Jets Fan, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2006
  2. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I will say this. Jet fans are quick to give players the boot. But it depends. Mo Lewis needed to go a few years back. I'd call that an understanable case. However players like Martin, Pennington, and Moss. So quick to give the boot to those players. I think some Jet fans aren't that loya. As soon as another option comes along it's like: Ok let's just drop this guy who we love and try out that player with all the hype.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I put a laural wreath on my front door this past Christmas. As far as it being two faced, it was very easy to know which side was the front side.

Oh, it's actually spelt laurel, only one A.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Change the title and put the word "some" first. Because I am not like that. :)

5. Joe8880

Joe8880 New Member

I Agree! "SOME"

I want Chad back. I may be wrong on this but....

Chad Pennington Playoff wins 2
    Peyton Manning Playoff wins 1

:up:

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

How did he typo "loyal" as "laural" twice?

I love Chad and hope he comes back better than ever, but if it makes the team better to let him go, so be it. I am a Jet Fan first and foremost....the guys in the uniforms are secondary. The guy that brings us a Championship, is the guy I'll fall on my sword for.

7. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

John Abraham, Santana Moss, Jason Ferguson, Kareem McKenzie, Ty Law, Anthony Becht, Lamont Jordan and that's just in the last 12 months. The team is the players, I root for them all to do well after they leave. Not one of them was or will be replaced by a better player yet you would think they are all busts by the 'c'ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out' crowd.

8. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I guess you feel the same as I do! I'm sure glad that some people on this board isn't running the team.

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'll let you know when I know.

10. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

A two-face Jets fan would be one that bets against his own team.

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Oh great, another one of these threads from you. Man, are you a piece of work.

Unfortunately, we lost all of the archives of your many brilliant threads, repeatedly scolding all Jets Nation in instant message-ese for some nonsensical thing or another. On the other hand, there are several hundred people who have seen your act from the beginning. Show us all the light Oh Great and Powerful Oddz. :roilleyes:

12. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Like I said sometimes the circumstances can matter. I would not put all those players in teh same barrel. Howvere sometimes there is a player who should be placed up higher.

13. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the word "spelled" is spelled "spelled", not "spelt." as for lack of loyalty, that is clearly present among way too many Jets fans. look at Vinny Testaverde and Chad Pennington. one is one of the greatest qbs of all time, and the other provided us with very good play and great hope for the future, and now all of a sudden, BOOM, theyre under the bus, they both suck, etc. i love the people that say, well chad's made 20 million so what is he whining about, i couldnt make that money in a lifetime, blah blah blah. guess what, chad signed the contract, he played in two different cases where his shoulder had practically fallen off, to try to get us, the fans, a superbowl. guess what mr i could never make the money chad makes in a lifetime people, there is a reason why chad makes/made that money and why you dont, HES BETTER AT FOOTBALL THAN YOU!!! thats why he makes that money. there is a market, created by you the fans, many of which are the i could never make that money in my lifetime why is he "whining" people who pay to see the Chad Penningtons and everyone else in the nfl play. enough with the retarded nonsense already. chad did, and will do everything he can to try to deliver us a title. he signed a contract, at this point it wouldnt be prudent for the Jets to pay it to him, alright, they'll reach a fair compromise that will let chad earn his money back if its physically possible that he can. but to totally dismiss everything chad did, and tried to do, because he is trying to renegotiate his OWN deal that he already signed that will now pay him less, to something thats a little more fair than what the Jets offered, as selfish is just idiotic and moronic.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It looks like #1 Jets Fan recanted his post to change "laurel" to "loyal." I have no problem with that, but I need to know if it has anything to do with "tomarro..."

I'm actually freaking, so severe are the possibilities...

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I am a Jets fan and I am not 2 face.

I hope, with what ever we do with Chad, that it works out for us. Wether it is just keep him, or if we wind up letting him go, I can only pray for the best.

16. hotcoles87123

hotcoles87123 Banned

This is BS-- You can't fault jet fans for wanting CP to be cut-- the guy is overpaid, and his career is over. Even without the Injuries, once teams figured out his style of play, his production went way down. Ever see what happens to him against NE? They take away the middle of the field, and force him to make an NFL Throw-- either a deep ball, or a fastball to the sideline. He can not do either. Thats why he has 5 pick games against them. His style can win you some games due to few mistakes, and good playaction, but this style is too easy to defend wiht that weak arm. It's not his fault he was signed a year too early, but its time for a fresh start to this team. if you want the Jets to win, you will hope for a teardown, and rebuild. Start it up with a new Coach and QB. I like Cutler, and for your sake, you might as well try to like him too, because he looks like a real option at this point. I hate people who claim to be so loyal, and come down on others if they have different opinions about the team. Would you still like Marvin Jones and Mo Lewis on the team? People get old, slow, hurt, whatever- they change, and they are not the same. The way the NFL is, the sooner you figure out a guy is done the better.... if you hang on to a big $$ guy for too long, you could end up costing yourself 10 years of competitive football. I would love to hear anyone reply-- good or bad.

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Penny was a good guy, and athlete. I dont think he deserves all this bashing, but it is a bussiness. This type of thing happens. :/

18. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

It's a lesser-used variant.

19. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

i agree,its one thing to say that it makes more sense to cut him for the sake of the team, thats one thing, but to call the guy selfish and overrated is just dumb.

20. Jetsrock16

Jetsrock16 New Member

i highly doubt that.