Jerricho Cotchery is my boy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dwalsh, Mar 6, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Do you guys honestly feel comfortable with JMac going over the middle? I sure don't.

2. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I'd rather have cotchery as our #2 reciever, but maybe when we go into 3 reciever sets we would switch JMac & Cotchery so jerricho would go over the middle

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's a lot of wear and tear on his body. He would be running mid and long routes on one play, then while still trying to catch his breath, he would be cutting across the middle. He should be one or the other, not both.

I am in no way opposed to canning JMac and finding someone else to take the 3 spot, while promoting Cotch. However, if it is going to be the same 3, I would say JMac is the 2, and Cotch is the 3.

4. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Cotchery could be a #2, he just needs to improve his route running, hes got the hands

5. PutJerrichoIn

PutJerrichoIn Member

I think you guys all know how I feel about Jerricho...

6. NewEra06

NewEra06 New Member

I agree. I remember while i was watching the preseason games how I couldnt wait for Cotch to get in some real games. The kid showed he had some serious hands. What happened?

7. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

DAMNIT!!!! i spelt it wrong the first time with two "a's" then when i went to correct it i overcompensated :breakdance:

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

all this Cotch and jmac talk make me realize how much we need a upgrade at wr.jmac sucks and cotch while he may have potential hasnt done anything to warrant all this #2 wr talk.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I hated McCareins all year for what seemed like a complete lack of aggression and willingness to go after the ball, but people around here have been saying he played the entire year hurt. I don't know if that is true, but if it were, I'd probably be willing to give him another shot before completely kicking him out the door. If he truly were hurt, then it is yet another evidence of stubborness on Herm's part (ala Curtis Martin and Chad Pennington).