Jeremy Bates Interview

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jun 16, 2017.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Red Menace likes this.
  2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

He's worried he might get hit by a Hackenberg deep ball.

CBG likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I would be too if I was surrounded by that nasty zombie horde. It looks like they're closing in on him for the kill. I really hate most of them.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what to think of Bates. All I know about him is he's worked a lot and done OK with Jay Cutler & I believe McCown's 1 good half a season with the Bears was under him as well and after that he's been hiking in the mountains for 4 years. You can't tell me there isn't any rust to knock off and that will continue for a few weeks into the season I would think as well. He was a curious hire, as was Chan Gailey, but who knows. Maybe he's truly rejuvinated and will be a blessing in disguise.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It looked like he has some kind of anxiety issues when around people, dude looked like he wanted to run for the hills during the interview!

MurrellMartin likes this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm really glad Parcells never let anyone talk to the media. Imagine what people would've imagined and said on the innernet if they saw Belichick under the same circumstances with the Giants? It just never ends...

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya he'll be back out of the league in year.

9. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

The hiking was right after this procedure.

In November 2013, Jeremy Bates sought treatment from Dr. Greco for knee pain due to earlier bilateral ACL replacements and cartilage damage from sports-related injuries. Two weeks post CRP, Bates was snowboarding pain-free near his home in Breckenridge, Colorado.
    “Love it! I feel like a brand new kid, like a teenager!” Bates said about his procedure. ” I was skiing every day and snowboarding without a hiccup at all.”
    A few months later, Bates was on the move: hiking from New Mexico through snow-covered mountains of Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana to Canada. Following his CDT achievement, Bates was back at Greco Medical Group in Sarasota praising Dr. Greco for keeping his 38-year old, post-NFL knees on the road. -prweb.com

After the hiking and just before getting hired by the Jets he worked with Mike Shanahan at the QB Masters Project developing young QB's. Mostly high school and college quarterbacks. He also worked privately with older QB's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MurrellMartin likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nice bits of info there.

Some men are a little camera shy. Don't like cameras in their face. Don't care for pictures flashing crazy. Media recording and writing down your every word or thought. Some don't take selfies of themselves etc.

But i bet inside of the QB room he's respected. And confident. Insightful. And when on the practice field he's all business. That's what truly matters. He can help both our HC & OC when speaking which QB to start. He's the QB coach after all. With experience working with them. Not his 1st rodeo.

You see the posts about him being nervous, looking worried, having anxiety etc. Maybe that's true or maybe he just doesn't feel natural talking to the NY media? He's a football coach. A QB coach. And he has a pretty damn good resume.

I like how he mentioned how he missed the game of football. And how he learned how to be a better coach during his time away from the game. That's the type of QB coach i trust working with Hackenberg & Petty (I'm glad we got Kevin Greene back into NFL coaching as well for our D).

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Did not know that. Did not find/read that anywhere. Good find and good to know he hasn't totally been out of the game for the past four years. Looking forward to seeing if he can help guide Hackenberg back into the direction he was heading three years ago.