Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Still worried about Freezing rain later Fjay

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

2 possible storms in the near future,,one MIGHT effect our groom----------> Models show a storm on the 16th / 17th that hits as of now to our South and another storm on the 20th ,,,,now back to todays festivities

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Will keep an eye on them too bud. Will do a future look in morning.

CBG, FJF and Brook! like this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You rock Jay. :)

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Have to love how the Jayster just slips in here incognito similar to this guy walking into a club = almost totally unnoticed

Brook! likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wet snoow, I guess I was subconsciously doing my best Ed Sullivan imitation. The old man left work early and did the manly snow blower thing when he got home plus some shoveling. Completely iced over and hard as a rock on our walkway and driveway now. I almost fell on my ass again walking the dog @ 11:30 tonight, only this one was better.

My physical balance is much better since my inexplicable goddamn marvel of modern science coma survival in 2003 (although my balance will always be sketchy), but my proprioception will always be for shit.

I was pinwheeling for balance with one arm desperately trying to save myself, the dog is sliding out of control like he's on roller skates, I managed to latch onto the mailbox post, and laughed like hell. It was kind of like this:

I can't tell anyone all the times I almost died in the woods because of balance problems and other sundries. Gotta put on the heavy duty Yak Trax. I just get lazy at times when it's day-to-day stuff because it's a pain in the ass to put them on over hiking boots, but yeah, Yak Trax.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow is it icy out there or what ? 2 hour delay for schools but I can't imagine that helping much as the temp is still at or below freezing.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Delayed here too. Roads are good though just wet. Hardest part is getting from house to driveway like jeto was saying

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Driveway was an adventure,,,,,had to start all the cars for everyone leaving today--------------> just for the record CBG luvs snow but I did not " whisper" for any damn ice!!!!!!! On to the next one and there are a few on the horizon = start with Sat nite / Sunday needs be watched but Tuesday REALLY needs an eye kept on it

FJF likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

just got myself a new snowblower last week. Which means I won't have enough snow to use it until next year. It's inevitable. But I'm okay with that

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Uh oh. You just made @CBG mad. He now will wish 15 inches of snow on your house.

CBG and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You tell him Brook as you now know me to well ! In other news you MIGHT need gas for that blower as even though this winter has sucked ass there are not 1 not 2 but 3 systems we need to keep an eye on first is Saturday /Sunday another Monday / Tuesday and a third on Wednesday . Lots of time for these to miss us or change time will tell.

FJF and Brook! like this.
  13. jetophile

I love the bleakness of February and I wasn't holding out any hope that I'd get snowfall on my B-day. Bring it! Yay!

I had a Neurologist appointment today and fck me I knew I wouldn't be able to get out of the driveway without spinning into the side of the house. This was w/ snowblowing accomplished, it was just really icy.

The old man somehow managed to catapult my car out at 5:00 a.m. before he left for work so I didn't have to reschedule. Love you, honey pie.

CBG likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Jeto ,,,enjoy

15. jetophile

Duplicate post. Sorry.

#14775 jetophile, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  16. jetophile

Thanks! It's the 17th, hitting the double nickel. My biological father usually remembers to call me on my Birthday. I was somehow vaguely born between the 13th and the 19th, but he tries, he really does. He called today, haha. My baby sister's son (his grandson) was born on Feb 15th, so he probably got his lines crossed. The funniest one, I think it was when I turned 45, he called me on my actual birthday. Anyone would think that's why he was calling, right? Wrong. We had an hour long conversation about a bunch of stuff, and then I ventured to say, "What's today?" "Wednesday, why?" "Just wondering. I'll talk to you soon, love you." Of course I started shrieking as soon as I hung up the phone. A half hour goes by and he calls back and says, "Alright, I won't try to fake it and lie myself out of this one, but Happy Birthday, daughter." LMAO. We are so much alike on so many levels and cut from the same bolt of cloth in so many ways, but I'm a little less clueless in general.

Brook! likes this.
  17. jetophile

It was warmer than a baby's blanket out there yesterday! Now it's cold again! I don't know how to dress anymore! Snorkel jacket one day short sleeves the next! It's even getting my hot flashes confused! I almost wore my snorkel jacket with flip flops and no pants to strike a compromise! But then I would've gotten arrested for public indecency like the rest of you hippy perverts! Speaking of hippy perverts! I was in one them damn Shoprites the other day minding my own beeswax! You know those aisle signs that say baking needs or toilet paper! Well this one said New Age Drinks! At the top! Underneath it Power Drinks Iced Tea and soda pop! New Age Drinks! What incarnation is that! I didn't know Abbie Hoffman's urine was for sale! And if I drank one of them damn Chinese kombucha drinks I would be right! Red China is out to poison me! :mad::mad::mad:

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Heads up ALL --> looks like we could be in for at surprise tomorrow nite as N n W of NYC looks to be possible 3-5 event. Temps in NYC appear to be an issue,,,,stay tuned still 24 hours away

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Snow soon = I will take whatever I can get beggars can't be choosers,,,,,,could be a nice little event tonight for some of us

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Maybe it is because of the HIGH expectations that I came in with around November but from a snow lovers perspective I can remember some painful winters ( last year was one until we hit Mid March ) but this winter has been BEYOND painful for me. To put into context do you remember the expectations that we all had for the Jets and then Vinny tore his achilles ? That is what This winter is for me.

Brook! likes this.