Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Euro took it way south last nite.

CBG likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Euro was more South and the Ukie been going South for days , Nam which is near its good range says uh ohhh, Nav Gem, Icon = shit model just came in little while ago and says uh ohh, still time nothing is written in stone. Fjay I hope the Jayster makes a cameo as there is so much science involved in this one. We will see what models say later and where the Low actually is and how it begins to look .PS I literally just watched Bernies video ( go check it out if you have not ) and even he says this is going to go more South n East. Don't let your guard down peeps this might SHOCK many

FJF likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

just in case anyone out there actually takes what I write here seriously = I am not necessarily saying this is a Snowstorm although it still might be but the threat of a serious Ice storm exists for many of us especially for areas North n West , actual footage of myself n Fjay very early this morning before the sun came up see below

FJF likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We got our asses kicked on Nov. 15th. That one ambushed everyone.

CBG likes this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I just hope that whatever comes with this storm that it will be over late Sunday morning or early Sunday afternoon. I don't want to be out there with the snow blower when Rams-Saints kickoff. What sucks is you can't leave it till Monday with the freezing temps coming. That would be a real challenge to clear the driveway-sidewalk.

Brook! likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman if this thing in REALITY shifts East even NYC would be in the game but as of right now there is a lot of uncertainty. This could really be a nasty ice storm N n W of NYC and in that case = even I would just want it to rain. Still a lot of questions about this setup , if Jay makes a cameo or someone else wants to chime in feel free because even though all storms ( at least for me are ) are hard to figure out, this one has a lot of moving parts that are real hard for an imbecile like myself to figure out,,,theres a lot more to all this than just model runs. Still time for things to develop or change

Brook! likes this.
  7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Latest Euro trending north and warmer.

[​IMG]

8. FJF

Just slightly. Maybe a correction off of the last run? Still looks better than the gfs . Either way. Sunday is a no travel day for most of the east coast.

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Holy Bat thermal underwear =I Just got the call the kids have a 2 hr delay tomorrow = WTF , its not even going to be bad out , I think we are lucky to get 2 inches overnight ! In other news South and East Fjay,,,,,,IF IF IF this Saturday / Sunday thing goes on a South and East path and another big IF = are the models catching on late ? If so many peeps might be shocked by the weekend storm. I am going to give the generator a crank tomorrow just in case.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Mister C.

I need to drive to Manhattan tomorrow morning. How many inches of snow will be on the ground tomorrow morning?

11. FJF

Give yourself an extra hour Brook. Might be slick and people are stupid.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook what Fjay said,,,,ps if we get 2 inches I will be shocked

13. FJF

That’s insane.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay I just said the same exact thing to the wife

FJF and Brook! like this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

BTW Fjayster have you seen the NWS snow map,,thats also insane I mean for the weekend edit here-----> I meant insane up by Fjay and myself,,,,I don't know how they are putting out these #'s before they look at the late night and early guidance ?????????

#14535 CBG, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Link please :)

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF and Brook! like this.
  18. FJF

Yea. Insane. I’ll take it though. Problem with this storm is no one has any idea where the rain line sets in, if it does. The temps do not show,to me anyway, how it could turn from snow. Seems like we are in the 20s the whole time.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay maybe you understand this already but I will give this a shot -----> I am still learning-but the temps on the surface even if they are in the 20's for us-----the problem is the mid levels because they are warm and above freezing thats where the 500 milibar that Bernie talks about all the time comes in ,its 540 MB = that is what might be the problem for many this weekend .So if we are in the 20"s we could still get frozen precipitation but maybe not snow depending on the midlevels--where as if they are on the coast and it is 32 or below freezing they could get freezing rain ---> and if you are above freezing you will get COLD RAIN. I do not understand all the science and I'm not sure that I made that clear but that IS the problem as I understand it . ps where is Batman when Gotham needs him??????

FJF likes this.
  20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Predictions like that really don't mean anything, because that's total snowfall, not snowfall that actually sticks. In terms of any accumulation this storm doesn't seem likely to mean much until late Sunday morning/early Sunday afternoon, and even then, it depends on how wet the streets and sidewalks are and how quickly the temperatures fall. The further north and west you go the bigger the chance for real accumulation, but at this point for me it looks like my worry will be getting an inch or two of slushy stuff off my steps and sidewalk before it freezes solid. Looks like I might miss some of the Rams-Saints game depending on the timing.

CBG likes this.