Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

IT'S KISMET!!!!!!

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ok, the tornado day was insane. It looked and felt like Ghostbusters for a couple of hours there and I'd swear I saw a few huge black dogthingy's running through the woods.

Just saw a headline that we're now on a 400+ month trend of warming weather dating back to the early 80's. The scary part of that is that it looks like the early stages of a rise and nowhere near the inflection point yet. They've got hundreds of thousands of years worth of data off of the ice cores and what we're seeing now looks like the beginning of an interglacial temperature spike except that we've already had 13,000 years of general temperature rise since the last ice age.

I'm not a big fan of ice ages but the other extreme is just as bad in the long-term.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

It was pointed out to me that the voting turnout , especially for Thread of the Year has sucked , so I went and looked for myself and sure enough hardly anyone has voted. Now the bigger question is HOW IN THE HELL IS a thread about Nate Effing Peterman getting more votes than this thread , thats a travesty. I can probably find many threads more worthy than that one to not only be nominated but to beat it out but I stray.

4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well in all honesty I voted for the Nate Peterman thread for two reasons, I thought it was hilarious and it was started within the last year. This years awards kind of had some loose rules on who or what could be nominated. The Rookie of the Year award has a nominee that has been on the site since 2015, likewise this thread was started 8 years ago. I understand some are taking it as the best content from the last year but when the award was first started it was for threads started within the last year.

CBG, FJF and jaywayne12 like this.
  5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Honesty is a cool thing. Give WB tons of credit to explain. Good stuff.

The Waterboy and CBG like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Waterboy there was no need to justify , anyone can vote how they choose. It was never my understanding that it had to be a thread started in the past year otherwise why would The House of Weather thread be up in the first place ? Regardless of which thread wins or loses The House of Weather Thread is legendary and the amount of views it has gotten and will continue to get is off the charts especially when storms are coming. I honestly have not looked to see how many views it is getting during storms ( is that even possible under this format ) but years ago Jay ,when I shot you that message and all those people were reading still blows my mind,,,,props Waterboy for the explanation.I guess the House of Weather might = Susan Lucci lol

7. jaywayne12

Good stuff CBG..hey...for the small amount of us over the years that have enjoyed it....that's what its all about. It gave many of us a place to vent when the snow was a coming...and gave me a place to pretend like I knew what I was talking about..and its time for the truth to come out.

I have no idea about weather..NONE. CBG has provided me all the information on every storm. He then comes on here screaming things like "jay..calling jay!! Snow is coming I hope!!" then tells me what to say.

CBG..the truth had to come out one day.

CBG and FJF like this.
  8. jaywayne12

and now living in the south....welcome to my world...this forecast is the forecast I will see almost everyday until September...the only thing that will change is temps...which will read 90's not 80's.

Imagine this:
    Wilmington, NC 7 DAY FORECAST:
    This Afternoon
    Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 4pm. High near 79. South wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
    Tonight
    Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog after midnight. Low around 71. South wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
    Saturday
    Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 79. South wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
    Saturday Night
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 71. South wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
    Sunday
    Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 81. South wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
    Sunday Night
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
    Monday
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    Monday Night
    Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71.
    Tuesday
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    Tuesday Night
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
    Wednesday
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
    Wednesday Night
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
    Thursday
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 82. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
    Additional Forecasts and Information

CBG and FJF like this.
  9. The Waterboy

I agree completely that this thread is one of the best and most informative on the site. I have relied on it many times with hurricanes coming in. They may need to just split this award next year into best new thread and best continuing thread. They can get it back up to the 25 or so awards they used to have each year.

CBG and FJF like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Man jay, 17 years in Florida and that cookie cutter forecast only broken up when a hurricane threat would pop up. I feel your pain.
    @CBG , I voted for the peterman thread too, same reason wb did

CBG and jaywayne12 like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I needed a laugh today and this definitely provided it thanks-----make no mistake when I send up the Bat signal the citizens of Gotham need you Jayster

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I understand Waterboys reasoning but Fjay I will now ask Brook to ban you and if he does not my kids will toss double the amount of eggs at his house come halloween !

FJF likes this.
  13. The Waterboy

Better watch out if they start a best thread of all time though. "I Must Respond", "It Hurts When I Urine" and "Getting a Feel For the City" are just a few that would give this thread a run for it's money.

stinkyB, CBG and FJF like this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

photos from an hour ago here.... nice day at the beach

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CBG likes this.
  15. stinkyB

WHAAAAAAH
    Try working contruction in August when the forecast is "Mid 90s, 40% chance of PM thunderstorms".... for a month ;)

jaywayne12, CBG and FJF like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wow Stinky that almost looks like a drawing ,,,,,or painting

17. stinkyB

Yeah it was pretty gnarly..... DUMPED a shitton of rain in a short amount of time.
    We were installing SeaDek on boat inland when it passed.... luckily the customer had the boat under cover

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Weather has got me completely shutdown here for fishin... :(:(

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't want to start any trouble here but I would take snow over this crappy weather any day ! It rains every freaking day and don't blink because it will be July 4th before you know it . We really need things to switch up and real soon,,,but I aint sure thats happening ! Sorry you can't get out there CMAN

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This has been the worse stretch of weather I can remember since I started saltwater fishing. Things haven't been right since Sandy..Can't tell me oceanic warming has nothing to do with this strange weather..