Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@jaywayne12

Help.

I have two candidates coming to office for job interview. One is at 9:30 AM tomorrow and the other is 4:00 PM tomorrow. Office is close to George Washington Bridge and you know I live in Madison.

Tell me your best guess after lunch today (around 2:00 PM Eastern) so I can reach out to HR so they can reschedule the interviews. I don't want candidates stuck in the snow but at the same time if this has high bust potential I don't want to delay interviews as I need to fill the position ASAP.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Don’t cancel, hire the one that shows up.

CBG, Fred Mertz and Brook! like this.
  3. Brook!

Not a bad idea man. :)

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook what time will you be there and give me the address , Im pulling my kids out of school and buying 3 dozen eggs !!!!!---- " Kids aim for that goat loving human "

jaywayne12 likes this.
  5. Brook!

Hahaha. You and your kids are precious. Come over any time. I also have a goat farm if you are into that kind of stuff. Lol.

jaywayne12 and CBG like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok what did I miss I was out getting bent into a pretzel,,,,,,,,I hear it might snow ? ----> Jay last system was the second exception ( it went way east ) of the entire winter ----they have all come back North n West. Last nights Nam was on drugs and went East--way way way East but just now it returned to N n W-----I really like the Ukie done well all year in my book. Im very curious to see the runs for late morning early afternoon .I know everyone keeps saying mixing issues possible but the lower levels look cold for EVERYONE am I missing something Jay ? I mean yes if the winds off the ocean could warm the shore but everything shows cold temps! Rates will be stupid heavy at times----- Now if the upper levels are warm would that make a difference ? Ps who cares about wave # 1 it is like u said tomorrow and wave # 2 that is the qb in this game,,,,,yes Im all over the place in this post but answer me dammitt!!!!! LOLOLOL

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

why does this not shock me ?

Brook! likes this.
  8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

The problem with dismissing the NAM for THIS storm is that the NAM has done pretty well..inconsistent? Yes...they all have been. Temps are a problem because you are correct, the models are showing that temps will be fine but remember...they are models. They do not take into the equation that the snow is falling at night compared to day....or in this case mostly during the day compared to night.

Again..not saying it WILL bust and be a 4-8 storm but I would be much more positive if this were January compared to later March. Have seen huge snowstorms in April...but....these drastic cutoffs have nailed forecasters for years...and this is pretty drastic.

CBG likes this.
  9. jaywayne12

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Im not dismissing the NAM but it has gone back and forth---I mean yesterday was NW last night went Way East and now NW again,,its been great seeing the storms and handling the dynamics but has not been great with snow totals. Jay, the heavy bands will setup on the NW side of the LOW no ? thats the place to be for the heaviest snows correct ? The track is very much up in the air I don't get how people are throwing # s out , I mean if they are basing it off of liquid thats fine but not accurate , I mean if the liquid DOES turn out to be rain or sleet the # s will be lower. Heres a million dollar question for all----> with this storm on the horizon does the a hole Mayor roll the dice again and keep schools open ? I think that could be a mistake, he lucked out last storm different animal here if temps verify it will Stick even in NYC and especially the outer boroughs

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ps are ratios 10 to 1 or more like 7 or 5 to1 ? ,,I still think it looks cold enough to be snow and not rain and closer to 10 to 1 unlike the last one that was real wet and kept ratios down

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Moderate snow here..

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow Cman is it sticking , do u know ur current TEMP ? and damn I always forget where the hell u are my geography blows----you in eastern PA ? help me out where are u and what are you near------> besides fishing areas lol

14. jaywayne12

And this is why people north and east of you will be screaming bust tonight. That precip will not make it up north...at least not the heavy stuff. HEAVY snow is being reported in VA and MD...and the heaviest will scoot out to sea.

EDIT: And of course southern PA.

#13054 jaywayne12, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  15. Cman68

50miles due north of Baltimore, MD., 100miles due west of Philly. 25miles west of Lancaster, PA. Yes it is sticking and the flakes are big as hell. 26F

CBG likes this.
  16. jaywayne12

I think he will roll the dice again. I mean...NYC? I wouldn't even venture to go there with snow totals.

Yes..heavy banding sets up NW to the center but that could be 30 to 100 miles..those bands? Tough to predict but once the storm rolls in...very easy to see where they will set up. I know you are not dismissing the NAM CBG. The exact track is up in the air but pretty good confidence where it will go. The track doesn't make me hesitate to say where the heavy snow will be.

The track is not necessarily the end all where the cutoff is. The cutoff is just that...sometimes 50 miles from center..sometimes 300 miles from center. My concern would be that some models are not more south with the track...but the cutoff. Tough call sir.

CBG likes this.
  17. Cman68

My Boss has heavy snow in western MD.

CBG likes this.
  18. jaywayne12

Yeah...the huge flakes are also a giveaway how wet the snow up north will be. For it to be 26 and huge flakes...it tells you mother nature is spitting out heavy snow...but questioning how in later March. Upper temps are not agreeing with whats going down below...and only when its coming down heavy can it truly stick like a normal storm. There lies the busts potential for tomorrow for some up north.

19. jaywayne12

Great map and lesson for Miller B storms. Here are the current pressures and falls. You can see east of VA/NC the major drops in pressure...that will be the main event...where the second storm forms. Its beginning to really drop now.

PRESSURE DROPS: http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con_3pres.gif

CBG likes this.
  20. jaywayne12

Brook! likes this.