Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Got enough snow in Newtown?

We're sitting in a white blanket at 38 degrees in Redding.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ok, so how's that stormfront looking? Jet's fans never get too much of a good thing at once.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Once again, just expecting a bunch of rain and wind and eventually some flurries before it turns back to snow and it all melts if it even sticks.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

and again on cue overnight models were more South and todays runs are more North of that-this is not set in stone yet either way----"PLAYING THRU,,,,,,,,Foooouuuuur "

jaywayne12 likes this.
  5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

GD...you are near the beach right? Or freehold area? Regardless...you might have the best chance for snows...let see tonight.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just like that you go play a few rounds of golf, or go out for a few Holliday cocktails, you read about sports and football trades then you go look at the latest weather guidance and just like that the guidance says not so fast with a miss or suppression,,,this could happen . Lots of time but damn this sucks it could hit PS I know there are guys that post that understand the science way better than I do,,,but I told you about the inlaws factor , they are visiting and it freaking always snows when they are here-----thoughts on the potential storm ?

Brook! likes this.
  7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

So, what gives? NWS now has Wayne, NJ area down to 30% chance of snow with little to no accumulation. Is this thing crapping out, or still too early to tell?

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its crapping out baby!

GordonGecko and Brook! like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Harris as of now this is not crapping out ,,,signal is there for a storm,,,,NWS is scared to go out on a limb this far out. For them to say 60% chance of snow Tuesday this far out is telling to me,,,,,,there is still a lot to be ironed out nothing written in stone but this NEEDS TO BE WATCHED

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry Johnny and we can wait for FJay and the Jayster to chime in but its still there and the models are just trying to figure out whats going on with 2 waves of energy,,,,Im not saying it will happen but this storm could happen and unlike the past 3 there is cold air to work with,,,this needs to be watched big time

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

models have shifted back north...and good news cbg..I'm off tomorrow and will really check things out in the morning!

CBG and Brook! like this.
  12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

stop it

Brook! likes this.
  13. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Egg Harbor Township area. One source says a coating to an inch (problem is every day warms up and changes to rain melting it), the other says 1-3" Wednesday.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is good news ,,,because to quote a wise man " we don't want to hear no crap about you being on the golf course and not having time " I think Johnny D once said that LOL,,,,,,,,

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greenday,,,I have not looked at any night guidance but all I can say is they don't want to commit to anything in your area as none of this is written in stone yet could still go either way but the potential is there for a big one, lets see what they say overnight and what the Jayster thinks in the A.M.

17. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

It is absolutely fascinating to me that in this day and age we are still reliant on weather technology that is so susceptible to being duped. I just checked 3 different weather outlets, for the same zip code, same day and got 3 wildly different forecasts. One says absolutely nothing, one says 1-3, and one says 12+.

How is this possible when presumably everyone is analyzing the same exact data? Is it just like anything else, where the individual forecaster puts a liberal or conservative spin on the outlook?

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Harris,,,,,because no one knows yet what is going to happen. Any one of those guys could be correct but NO ONE can say definitively what is going to happen yet. There are 2 waves of energy and there is Pressure to our North . I will let one of the other guys explain it better but basically there is a potential that needs to be watched it could still be a miss but timed correctly and it could be a bomb. Hopefully todays guidance adds insight but my guess is we won't have a better handle on this until Tomorrow.......ps I agree you would think this day and age Computer models would be able to tell you more accurately what might happen with less then 2 days to go,,,,,,nope

19. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Still some temperature hurdles for this thing to overcome, no? Especially for any significant daytime accumulation.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Lots still up in the air "IF" it does happen looks like it has cold air ( more than the past 3 storms) to work with. Again IF it tracks too far N n W the coastal sections could have temp or mixing issues but--------> this can still get pushed out to sea South of us or timing could be a problem but that is still all up in the air. Over night guidance leaning towards the storm MIGHT happen

Brook! likes this.