Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Something brewing for Tuesday/Wednesday? Gfs showing something possible. First up though is to wash away all we have gotten so far. Flood warnings should be in effect just about everywhere. Melting snow, an inch of rain and ice dammed streams and rivers will make a mess of things tomorrow into Saturday. Then back in the freezer Saturday. High temp Saturday morning will be at sunrise. If the rain lingers there could be some icing issues on the roads Saturday.

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Definitely have to be careful with the icing issues but looking forward to rain to wash the salt off the cars and roads.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How does Tuesday-Wednesday look now FJF? The photo shoot has to happen for my house once all snow melts and is sunny. Looks like Sunday/Monday is my best right?

4. FJF

I would do Sunday if you are looking for the most sun. Monday is good too though

Brook! likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

we have a shot Tuesday and a shot on Thursday,,,,,,,then again we might not but they are both there

6. FJF

2 shots or models disagreeing about the timing?

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

2 shots,,,,,,models disagree as usual.....3 days ago 6 plus inch storm for many on Tuesday,,,,,yesterday they all lost it,,,,,,,today they all start finding it again ( for Tuesday ) but it looks like low could be tooo far east,,,,,most have traded West today but ----far enough ? If Tuesday is far enough West it could help our second shot on Thursday---but we need for things to happen,,,,,,I will look again later been a busy few days here,,,,let me know what if anything you see Fjay
    edit here,,,,,ps looking better EAST than it is for us up in the sticks,,,right now anyways

FJF likes this.
  8. FJF

yea,gfs had this bigger and refused to acknowledge thurday, euro had something nice for thursday refused to acknowledge this one. but 1-3 tuesday looks like a good bet. i thought they were the same front just different timing. thursday seems like a longer shot right now

CBG likes this.
  9. FJF

Bigger numbers for the Tuesday system. 3-6 for the tri state area Tuesday overnight into Wednesday. Followed by s gradual warm up and temps nearing 50 for the weekend.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So what are the predictions for Hudson and Bergen county? 3-6?

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

if I had to give a guesstimate I would say that TEMPS in many areas "might be "an issue and that the NYC and LI could be rain or have mixing issues,,,,,N n W of NYC 3-6 is a good guess but the farther North you go the amounts "would" be higher,,,thats just my guess but what do I know

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. FJF

1-2 ? Like c said. north and west will get the good numbers.. you’ll get just enough to be inconvenienced

CBG likes this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Lovely :mad::mad:

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJAY,,,,,the temps ? wow models are not a big help nowadays ----It appears its a matter of where exactly the LOW sets up ,,,,,,tough tough call for the Novice but this could be rain or mix with rain for MANY or this could surprise a few and be snow,,,,I will say this PLEASE DONT GIVE ME ICE---no ice !!!! We might just have to see where this rain snow line setup tonight on the radar-----what thinks you weather geeks ?

15. FJF

It’s be even snowing all day with no accumulation. The temps should drop tonite and change that though. I think you are good for just snow. We’ll see soon enough

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJAY we will indeed see soon enough,,I will watch radar and see where the rain snowlike is,,,,I know that many places warmed up this afternoon temp wise----I am not keen on midlevels and lower / upper levels when it comes to dynamics but I am hoping as usual that we get the snow,,,,I see that NYC lifted its watches I think it was too soon for that and its a mistake but time will tell

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

18. FJF

yea, you are all rain. cbg, you might be right on the line. like rain in the front yard snow in the backyard on the line. for me, they upgraded the w.w.a. to a w.s.w possible 5-10. doubt we get 10, maybe 8. warm temps mean bad ratios means lower numbers.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am amazed,,,been watching the radar for hours it has been snowing JUST TO MY WEST for a long time---it slid North but NOT east to me,,,,,,Radar filled in a little but still nada at club CBG

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well it rained most of the night, my deck is now a sheet of ice,,,schools have 2 hour delays-----> when i looked outside we had just changed to snow but not sure it will last-----guidance says it could do this until noon and the radar "looks " like snow for me but areas North n West of me got all snow, that never made it here last night. Looks like the rain snowlike went all the way to Chester instead of South of me,,,,,unless snow amounts / rates get stupid between now and noon this one disappointed--->ps I hate Ice