Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

my sister-n-law's father lives in Aquada PR :(

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

probably the second best place to be on PR, next to the south west. You don't want to be in the East, Maria is going to slice through it and San Juan will get hit pretty hard.

It's just about to hit now, gonna be a real rough night

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko 11 or 12 hours until it hits,,,,,I am wondering if these people even know it is coming, many places that maria has hit were still without power,,how would people know this monster is coming ?

4. GordonGecko

San Juan Today
    [​IMG]

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Was just reading that all of PR is without electricity and they are saying it could be 4-6 months to get it restored. Longest I ever went was a week and it was brutal. With the heat down there I could see this killing thousands more just from sickness. The residual problems are going to be enormous.

6. GordonGecko

yeah residual problems are where it's at. Hurricanes don't kill many people at all but they make life miserable

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm guessing the NY Metro area is going to see a major influx from Puerto Rico over the next year or two. We may think the economy is getting rougher up here for the lower middle class but it was way ahead of the PR economy before the hurricanes and there will be no comparison in the aftermath.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

NY and S Fla will both see a big influx. I have been watching the PR housing market for sometime, keep waiting for a bottom and looked like at least in some areas, like Palmas del Mar/Humacao, that things were slowing down on the drop. I am guessing it will be a long, long time for it to come back now.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

S Fla will have jobs available in the rebuild from Irma but it's also in the hurricane zone. It'll be interesting to see how people fleeing the changing weather vote with their feet.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jesus, Puerto Rico just got clobbered.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

It would seem you fellas are getting caught up in football and weekend activities ,,,,,,,is anyone besides me watching these weather models and spaghetti strings ?????? Um fellas according to the GFS its getting close to game back on especially OBX and Jay,,,,,,just sayin

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

that was quite the shift west last night and this morning huh? Dont like that. Sits off our coast for 12 hours too before being picked up and 1000 miles away in 2 days. One more shift today and we have a big problem. Our local NWS down here is not buying it...just predicting showers with winds between 20 and 30. Will be watching the shifts.

The only saving grace is that they ALL agree that after sitting off the NC coast for a half a day and not moving, it gets picked up and thrown Northeast like a train. Moves more miles in 2 days then it did the previous 2 weeks.

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanks for making a cameo Jay,,,,this aint looking great right now I saw the Navgem earlier and I saw someone say that IT has an east Bias so it should be more East on the Navegem,,,,,instead of being so far west,,,The GFS said west and Euro also said west,,,,this shifted big time on the models last nite. Be safe Jay and the rest and guys keep posting

15. stinkyB

Just what we needed..... 0ver 5" of rain in less than 24hrs

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ugh,,,Hang in there Stinky

17. stinkyB

oh, I'm hanging in..... by a thread.
    This shit has been pissing me off. Im still trying to fix the house from matthew..Everytime I set aside time to do so, I get derailed...... it's the like the jets but real life

My sump pump chose a great weekend to die.....

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

What is this that the Euro and other models especially some hurricane models are seeing ? The Gulf ? Panhandle ? Time to start talking about and keeping an eye open for this one

19. stinkyB

Yeah that system down by belize.... could spin into a TS, but I think the wind shear outside of it's current location would limit much further intensification beyond there. Water's hot in the lower gulf, so more rain for N FL - LA

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tropical Storm or Hurricane ? either way looks to move fast and it looks to hit the panhandle