Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I love my Ariens. I concur. No more this year please.

CBG likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So Brook, did you take up the Stella Challenge? Big A handled Stella without any issues here. :)

3. Brook!

I did sir I did. :)

Cman68 likes this.
  4. Cman68

and I take it you were impressed?

5. Brook!

I am 50-50 Grandpa. Did a good job on the snow on driveway. But the main reason I got this was to handle the gift dropped in front of the driveway by plowing trucks. Either I couldn't do it or it really isn't Ariens' forte to deal with that heavy slushy stuff. All in all, I am glad I made the investment. Whole thing lasted less than an hour and today's job was a solid 3 hour job in the past.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Cman68

My snow wall was about 2.5'x 2'. I hit it with the Ariens but I had to tilt it backwards to shave it down from the top. Hitting it from below just isn't in the Ariens toolbox. If at all possible, work downhill with the Ariens. Put the drive in low gear and let the auger do the work. Best way to handle a snow wall is to use the shovel to knock the snow wall down to about 6in. The really heavy slushy stuff is a bitch to use the blower on but easier for a shovel. Wifey worked the shovel near the mailbox and I cleaned it up with the Ariens. I also didn't try to turn but instead, put the blower in reverse and simply pulled it back.

Glad you got your money's worth out of the Ariens. I have never regretted the purchase.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Same here. I curse at myself for not getting this sooner. And I am glad I got the 28 inch one. It is very powerful on regular stuff and cleans like a tornado.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF-------> WE did good with this one young jedi------->could have been better but the force was with us ! Brook glad you enjoyed your new toy------->CMAN , I am texting mother nature right now to get your request in

Brook!, Cman68 and FJF like this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Thats it. sitting in the parking lot waiting to pick up my wife. not sure what the total ended up being but what a storm for the interior. heck of a job by nys dot. i pulled off my campus on to wet blacktop highway. i ran home, fired up the blower, caved out a spot to park the truck and left to pick up wifey.
    @CBG , what a great storm to track. wasn't it? @jaywayne12 , it was great to have you back teaching us rooks. great call on the mixing issues in the city.
    Might be something this weekend? not for sure, i was kinda tunnel vision on this one. maybe cbg has the low down

Brook! likes this.
  10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Really great storm to track FJF!! Loved popping in.

Had a quick discussion via text with CBG yesterday. While the experts were correct...the storm tracked more west...in January or a normal winter, that track would have been just fine with snow for almost all except immediate coast. Being that close to the coast with Ocean temps way above normal would be a tough thing to overcome.

I think I posted a link back about 10 pages with current ocean temps and its incredible how warm they are because of this winter. Ocean temps by me are usually in the upper 40s low 50s this time of the year and were at 62 when this storm hit our coast and then traveled north. Last year at the beach we froze all winter even on days in the 60s because of ocean temps in the 40s. I have been out to the beach almost everyday and its been beautiful. When Wilmington, NC gets into the upper 70s this winter, we have been near 70. Crazy winter.

I vote with CMAN and BROOK on this one...hope you guys are done.

Unfortunately, you need to keep an eye on this weekend system that has Miller B setup. Storm in the great lakes that hands off to a coast low...right now it looks like it stays a bit further out in the Atlantic only to bring light snow/mix. Still has some potential and keep an eye out.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!

FJF and Brook! like this.
  11. Brook!

@FJF , @Cman60 , @jaywayne12 , @CBG

This was a great dew days with you. Now, how does Sunday look? on Sunday I am taking my boys to Brooklyn. First we will watch the Nets at Barclay Center at noon, then head to Maimonides Hospital where my boys were born, then visit Coney Island to meet with friends from Brooklyn.

That said, how does Sunday look from morning to night for Brooklyn?

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Br4d, how are the highways in CT? I got some folks heading this way tomorrow.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Always good tp talk to the Jayster , and hope he makes some more cameos you are misseed my brother-------> this thread is named after you dami,t we dont care if you are down South or out of the country we need our weather Guru , besides the Jets absolutely suck ass so why else would people come to this site besides your thread ? FJF u da man ! Sunday hmmmmmmmmmmmm ? Back later coughing up a lung right now,,,,,,,,

Brook! likes this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've not been on them personally since the storm began but the I95 cams look good and everybody is talking up how good the clearance was during the storm so I am guessing things are good. Headed out in a bit and I'll post when I get back if I see anything different.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

One thing that's always apparent whenever any sort of media / news outlet tries to report on the ocean is that they have no idea what theyre talking about

Epic troll job of clueless WPIX newscrew in Long Beach

16. jaywayne12

whatever happens looks to be over by Sunday IF..IF..you do not get the perfect handoff from the Great Lakes cutter storm to another one forming off the Jersey coast. Will keep checking it but right now..this looks to be a lighter event for Saturday/Saturday night. NWS does have a discussion about the potential for this but its less than 30%. Two model runs could change that...just keep an eye out sir...always love talking to my man BROOKS!!

Brook! likes this.
  17. jaywayne12

I will really try...love posting here. Really do. You guys are the best and CBG...you are one of my all time favorites sir. Will never forget the friend you have been.

CBG and Brook! like this.
  18. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's snowing. E
    Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

19. jaywayne12

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay----from one good guy to another " Thank You ! " for those kind words .

Saturday nite /Sunday lurking still its there and looks to be snow NW of the city but how far NW and can things happen to get everyone involved ? I say yes but FJAY ? Robin ? The Original Jay ? Batman ? Bueller ? anyone ?