Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm pretty ure you put out 20 mocks but of course yout blameless. Plenty of mocks have been thrown out there and plenty miss on all of them. But you keep harping on when I actually did one and where it landed. Hope it makes you feel better whining about it.

2. boozer32

Go do your own research. You're the only one asking and worried about like it's life threatening. Amazing tool called Google.com. Have at it.

Jets69 likes this.
  3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't do mocks. My point was that when someone like you does 20 or so mocks, of course you are going to be right on at least 1 player. The fact you hit on 1 of 100 players is nothing to brag about though.

It's not whining, it is just me pointing out your many misses since you wanted to brag how you mocked Maye. Even though you mocked him to the Jets as a 4th round pick and every draft guide I looked at had him going in the 2nd.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Life threatening....Haha. Like I would waste a moment and a brain cell on your second guessing claptrap

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Anyone with a working pair of eyes can see that Adams is having a fantastic rookie season.

JetLifeLo, Walt White, Vida and 7 others like this.
  6. boozer32

Clarification I was not bragging just stating a fact. To be clear its much harder to mock a guy after the first round. So next time give it a go and try and predict a guy in any round after the first. The top 15 is probably the best chance you got to get your player matched up to your team. I used draft insider guide. They are real scouts who do a more indepth analysis. They had Maye going 3rd-4th round. But with most mocks it a crap shoot and picking one player to your team is much harder than you think.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

those words could be said to almost every GM in the NFL as well

boozer32 likes this.
  8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Hey guys...can one of you gather some stats and compare Adams to the top 5 or 10 safeties selected in the draft. I am enjoying what he brings to the game. He plays with a lot of passion...but that still doesnt mean he was worth picking at number 6.

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Gunna love watching Adams and Maye go up against Howard and Brate.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Meh it's tough to kinda come up with a list...I've checked the stats, Adams and Maye are tops in tackles. But again, you gotta know that Adams lines up almost everywhere on the field. So comparing him to Hooker, who plays mostly the deep safety is much different.

So far, this safety class maybe one of the better ones in recent memory. Hooker has 3 picks, Eddie Jackson has been good for the Bears (but imo living off his crazy big game)...Marcus Williams has been good...

I'd take our guys over any of them because of how versatile and skilled they are. Adams was rated the best safety in the class because he has all world ability and you can see every Sunday in where they line that man up. Maye has been great as the last line of the defense and he's helped limit the big plays due to his sure tackling and his ability to be at the right place at the right time.

fansince90 likes this.
  11. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

12. fansince90

I totally agree. I love his energy, he a great team player ...but he is not making big plays yet. Still 0 interceptions...and i cant recall a game changing strip, sack, hit etc. Good kid, may get better, but #6...Maye seems better.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He's made huge plays. Him and Maye have different responsibilities, I do not think Maye could do what Adams has done all year and I wouldn't waste Adams talent playing deep Middle like we've used Maye. Both have been great no need for a weak comparison to use one to slight the other. IIRC most people hated picking Maye.

14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Adams says the right things, but on the field he seems like he's constantly jawing off. He was talking crap to Newton every play they came near each other. I think he's gotta put the emotion aside and focus on the game more instead of talking crap.

fansince90 likes this.
  15. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Yup total bust

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Definitely not. He's going to be a solid player for years to come. He just needs to outgrow some of the maturity issues so they don't cost the Jets more penalties.

BomberJet and Walt White like this.
  17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Don't mind the chip at all..
    BUT, If you don't like it, then stop it. That is the only way to get it done.

18. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Same goes with all of that dancing. Emotion has no place in professional football.

JetLifeLo and Jets_Grinch like this.
  19. fansince90

Did he play today?

20. fansince90

Oh...there he is...