Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Could fill a thread on his bad calls. He was giving me a hard time about Wentz because of his college competition, said he wanted Connor Cook over Wentz. He thought the Jets could get Jaylon Smith in the 6th round. In another mock he has Jordan Jenkins in the 2nd, no Maye anywhere.

I have no problem if people want to do their mock drafts but if you want to be able to crow about it later then have one mock, not 20 different mocks with 100 different players. I think I will go now and make a thread listing the top 10 QBs I want so that if the Jets draft any of them and they turn out good I can brag about it later.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Now we doing who's the better safety ? Lol. They do two different things. Maye has been controlling the deep middle and that boy is great at it. He's been a part of limiting the big plays over the top that we seen ad nauseum last season. Adams meanwhile is a Swiss army knife, kinda how Chiefs use Eric Berry. I'm not saying Adams is Berry but he's the guy that they move around as a LB, Safety, nickel corner, blitzing and playing deep FS. They both do well at what they've been asked.

almbleamal, Red Menace and Walt White like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Good thing the best available QB prospect tends to not always be the first QB selected! I still don't understand why fans think the Jets need a top pick to get a QB, when the best QBs in the league weren't drafted #1 overall.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Because for some of us it wasn't always about picking a QB at number 1 :rolleyes:

It has more to do with getting the first pick in round 2,3,4 etc first dibs on the talent lower down so to speak, I agree that a QB at number 1 is a huge risk especially if it is Darnald at number 1, the trade down picks could have been special but that is a dream long forgotten seeing as we decided to win so many games while rebuilding lol fucking damned Jets can't even do that right and I now wouldn't be surprised if we ended 8-8 the one bloody outcome I was most critical of in the summer, don't get me wrong I have enjoyed most of the games this season and it wasn't about cheering them to defeat but sometimes a little pain makes life better in the long run but now we will have to see what is dealt us at around what do you think 8-12, if we do finish 8-8 we could be nearer 18 :(

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

this^ i've said it many times and it appears watson (the 3rd QB picked) seems to be on the fast track to being the best. it's gonna be hard for mahomes or trib to outperform him

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

Jets simply need to evaluate the position better IMO. Draft position to me isn't a reason why the Jets don't have a franchise QB.

TwoHeadedMonster, Red Menace and FJF like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Indeed, not having very good QB scouts and then having literally no QB coaches worth a toss, certainly isn't helping the ones they have selected.

I guess the simplest way to say it is... there is no FQB to select, just QB's, your coaches should be turning them into a FQB in the longer term, I am a little disappointed that Petty hasn't been given another shot and I am hugely disappointed in Hack who really has all the potential to be something but isn't showing any improvement or not enough and again this leads you to question what the fuck are they doing with these guys behind the scenes ?

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You think this is the only board I comment on.

9. boozer32

You think this is the ONLY board I comment on or visit. Did you check all of them before you posted your gotcha moment? I'm pretty sure you mocked the Jets draft perfectly. There is a reason you mock a player because no one on the planet has any idea where a player is going. Not even the professionals who do this for a living 365 days a year.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I couldn't imagine being the guy that created this thread.

FJF likes this.
  11. boozer32

Which players did you mock that the Jets picked? I'm sure you do drafting for a living.

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yawn!!!!!!!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The odds are better the higher the pick though. No one is saying #1 but at least top 8 or so. Do you honestly expect the Jets out of all teams to find a diamond in the rough with a late first rounder blossoming into a FQB? This team has a history of just drafting bad QBs so id take my chances at greater odds with a top pick on one any day of the week.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yet the Jets just can’t ever pull the trigger and get a FQB. No matter where they pick in the draft. Part of it is luck but also the scouting is suspect. Watson had the most success in college too so he was a far more safe bet then the other two. People dropped him just because the arm strength issue but he seems to have no problems hitting Fuller and Hopkins deep.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

I don't expect them to, but I think they got a shot to get this right. The Jets throughout regimes have had QBs fall into their lap regardless of these 8-8 seasons or "we lost the Titans game to lose Mariota" scenarios. The Jets have been in position before. Derek Carr was right there for the taking, if they knew anything about him, they would've selected him that year. Those are the opportunities you don't miss on and the Jets have. I think the Jets are going to be in that very position come FA / Draft. What gives me a little more hope is I think this regime is starting to make some good moves. Drafted players are contributing and that's kudos to Mac and Bowles. If we lost every game this year so far (outside of 1 for sanity), and the players were performing at this level still, I would still have this same thought.

There is going to be a major QB re-shuffle this off-season and the Jets will be right there. QB is a need that is staring them in the face. How many games has Mac watched Rosen live? Not sure if Mac is great, but I think he's doing some major diligence right now. It might not be him, could be Lamar Jackson. His stock is up and down for most.

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Links please

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I know talent

18. The Waterboy

Things go over your head quite easily don't they. It wasn't about the fact you mocked Maye to the Jets, it's the fact you mocked him in the 4th in one, didn't mock him at all in another, your 1st round pick at this point has touched the ball one time and he fumbled it. Among many other misses.

Anyone can put out 20 different mocks and chances are they are going to be right at least one time. Bragging that you mocked Maye to the Jets is like bragging that you won $10 on a scratch off, neglecting the fact you bought $40 worth of tickets.

19. The Waterboy

I mock you and I must say I do it quite well.

20. boozer32

LOL