Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Funny re-reading this thread while reading all of the posts about how the Jets should've "taken Watson over Jamal Adams". Wrong. Watson is done for the year with a torn ACL.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but not with this specific situation. Injuries happen in football. Can happen to any player. At any time. But the risk to Watson getting hurt on an NFL level, heading into the draft, due to his style of play @ the QB position; were much higher than when compared to Adam's. Due to Watson's style of play back there.

Jamal Adams @ 6 was a steal.

Jamal Adams @ 6 was a no-brainer.

Jamal Adams @ 6 was a must have player then and a must have player toady.

If Maccagnan would've passed on Jamal Adams @ 6th overall? Then Maccagnan would've deserved to be fired right then and there; on the spot.

I couldn't have cared less about how good Watson looked before his season ending knee injury. Because Jamal Adams has been a stud within his own right from day one, a complete football player (badass SEC defensive gem) and has already shown flashes of being a Franchise/Generational Safety for my Jets.

Kid is all heart, toughness, grit & fight. As a natural born leader too. No. Passing on Jamal Adams was never a realistic option.

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I didn't like the Adams pick and still don't. His pass coverage skills are awful. Maye is the better safety prospect and will finally end the curse of the 2nd round. His coverage skills are much better than people thought and he is always around the ball and play. The only time I see him beat is when the pass rush (which sucks) gives the QB too much time.

3. boozer32

Adams was not an immediate need and Maye was there in the 2nd round. We definately are not that great to have the luxury of drafting two of the same position 1&2. I would have been fine with just Maye in the 2nd for safety. Adams is not that game changing type safety let's put that to rest now. He's a bigger version of Pryor.

ColoradoContrails and Jets69 like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What an awful assessment. Adams is continuously around the ball. Excellent leadership and has been excellent in the run game and has rushed the qb.

In time his coverage skills will get better, has out there doing alot of tasks on the field.

Have some respect for our secondary leader.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Wait wut!? You mean he's not just "a bigger version of Pryor"? Lmfaol.

Now we don't have to bash the Maye pick anymore. We can bash the Adams pick because the Maye pick was an obvious coup. That's how this works, amirite?

#205 Walt White, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What a shitty comparison lmao ... Boozer needs to lay off the booz, I guess if Maye ever struggles and Adams starts playing well (to his standards Lol), Booz can somehow pull some more shit out of his ass.

Walt White likes this.
  7. boozer32

I don't think we'll have to worry about that. Maye is the better prospect hands down.

Jets69 likes this.
  8. boozer32

Maybe that's part of the problem him doing to much. Maye stats are better than Adams and he's much better playing in coverage and has 2 interceptions. As far as continously being around the ball Maye is better at that also 32 tackles and 13 assist. How do you measure leadership by watching a football game? Jumping around and banging your teammates helmet after a tackle?

9. Walt White

I guess those two sacks and two fumble recoveries, and three passes defended, as opposed to two by Maye, by Adams don't count, eh? Let's ignore that Adams has more solo tackles too.

So you weren't melting down when they picked the second Safety then? You knew Maye was better then, huh?

#209 Walt White, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    BomberJet and Mogriffjr like this.
  10. boozer32

He has one more solo tackle than Maye. What's next from you turd sizes? Oh I picked Maye on my mock draft never wanted Adams.

11. Walt White

Okay, now your tackle comparisons are turd comparisons...whatever floats your boat.

Are the sacks, fumble recoveries, and passes defended now turds also? That make you feel better now?

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You're being unfair, it's what he is asked to do in this scheme, he can't help it.

Maybe if jets had a Von Miller to get pressure on a QB, Adams could play back and help patrol the field possibly getting more interceptions.

Your better than that Booz.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. boozer32

Yes, I agree we need a Von Miller and we should have at least 3 of them cause we draft defense every year. Adams was touted as both an in box safety and coverage type. Drafting @6 you would expect him to be that guy. But I'm not seeing it.

14. boozer32

Yawn!!!

15. boozer32

Yes I did know he was better. Next stupid question.

16. Walt White

Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

BomberJet likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

You mocked Maye in the 4th round, stop acting like you have a clue. Oh and your 1st round pick, John Ross WR, a player who has touched the ball one time this year and promptly fumbled it. A player who can't get on the field for the Bengals, that would have been a much better pick than Adams.

BomberJet, Mogriffjr, Dom and 4 others like this.
  18. Walt White

Turd sammich served

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

he also made a thread after the draft about his favorite picks ...

i see no mention of maye

20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Watson injury aside, he would be by far the better pick for the future of this franchise. That’s not downplaying how good Adams is and can still be but safeties make nowhere near the impact as Watson will as a FQB. Watson would of solved the QB need this team has needed since Pennington but wiffed yet again. This team also has no QB plan after this year since they’ll likely fall out of the top 8 now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.