Jamal Adams knows- Bowles is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Aug 8, 2018.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

This thread title of...

"Jamal Adams knows- Bowles is the problem"

Is fake news. In other words it's complete and utter bullshit.

Imo this thread title needs to be changed immediately and accordingly.

These were the words of Jamal Adams on coach Todd Bowles as of December 17th 2017 of last year (we were 5-9 overall at the time of these quotes).

Jets' Jamal Adams comes to Todd Bowles' defense: 'He's the best head coach there is'

"i think he's the best head coach there is," the rookie safety said. "That's what I think. He's the Jets head coach, my head coach, the team's head coach. That shouldn't be a discussion of who's going to be the head coach."

"(Our coach) should be Todd Bowles," he said.

"There should be no indecision about how our coach is coaching us. He's doing a phenomenal job. We just need to finish out games".

"I'm not going to go in depth about what he does, but everyone sees it. It's clear as day. He's changing this program. He's doing a phenomenal job."

Signed X___ Jamal Adams.

Sorry for getting in the way of facts here.

Carry on....

Laughable.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I hope he is correct. If everyone was giving 100%, then the team was just terrible. Maybe that is true too.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I know that's what it was. Just joshing. Autocorrect is the worst. And it does it after you read it over trying to avoid the subterfuge yet it STILL changes at the last second right when you hit send. "Hi, honey, I'm at the store. Need anything?" What goes: Hi, Sonny, I'm with a whore. Speed is my thing?" I once "called" my neighbor's girlfriend's son Paco. His name is Rocco, hello. And my neighbor's girlfriend and her son are Hispanic. I'm surprised it didn't go as how's Taco. It wound up being absolutely fckn hilarious, but WTF. LMAO.

K'OB likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I have a new phone some Chinese piece of shit, Huawei, it is a Samsung clone, the worst thing I ever bought phonewise, the predictive text on this one is bat shit crazy and like you say you check and the word is right and then you get a text back off the wife saying what is this shit lol

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

At first I was annoyed, but then I realized he was talking about last year. He was absolutely right and I think he was just taking shots at Mo and Sheldon. He was talking about the past, and this interview was from May, so I don't know why this is suddenly news. We all know the team had issues last year with certain players and their effort, but it wasn't all bad as they were competitive with multiple playoff teams last year, they just couldn't finish.

#65 Sam Hammer, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    NCJetsfan and BudJet like this.
  6. jetophile

The worst ones are I'll see you later and it goes as I'll love you later. What is this, 'Full Metal Jacket'? Me so horny, me love you long time. That's OK if it's your significant other, not so much if it's your boss or the kid who mows your lawn. It's ridiculous, and I have an ancient crap phone, mind you. It just "decides" to change stuff at the last nanosecond; but yeah, I also get a bunch of "Um, what?" responses. I despise texting in the first place. Anyway, Jamal Adams knows Bowles is the problem. Wrong. Cell phones are the problem.

donkey and K'OB like this.
  7. jetophile

WHY ARE YOU SCREECHING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS! I'M BORDERLINE LEGALLY DEAF IN MY LEFT EAR, AND I CAN ALMOST HEAR YOU FROM HERE!

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Truth hurts doesn't it??

Watch all the Bowles homers run for cover when he blows a few more games for us

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets and K'OB like this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Do you not get bored repeating this all the time ?

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Maybe it's because the truth speaks volumes.

Especially in terms of Jamal Adams speaking up for his head coach. He's stuck up for Todd Bowles since day one. Stood up to the media for his head coach, on multiple occasions.

I just choose to quote one article of him protecting another man, who happens to be his head coach and could easily quote many more positive examples of his locker room character.

He's stood up against the same blood in the water media driven sharks that some Jet players, most Jet players never have. During a time where his head coach was on an NFL coaching hot seat. And that young man stood up for his coach. When it mattered the most aka during the clutch. And did it during a period of time where not many had the courage or voice of opinion to do the same (stick up for 'Toilet-Bowls"; as Jamal did.

If that's not an example of leadership, well then I don't know what else is.

What, wait, you don't think that for a second, that Todd Bowles the person doesn't remembers that? Believe me you Todd knows what type of Safety and person he has within his Foxhole in J.Adams. And so does Marcus Maye, Mike Maccagnan & Woody/Chris Johnson. I don' know about the pundits but I do know that none of those 5 individuals will be asking for Jamal Adams to be replaced by a counterpart NFL Safety. Not now. Now tomorrow. Not yesterday and not anytime soon.

On draft night. He went live. In a sport's bar. With friends. Stayed out of trouble (heaven forbid). Embraced Mayfield going #1 and also (in a jokingly way) embraced his teammate/long time friend Marcus Maye as the fierce duo he'll (Baker) have to line up against early on in the schedule as a rookie with Cleveland. He showed off and talked up Sam Darnold. Let him know asap. Ay. Me and you. All of us. We're here to fight and here to win a Super Bowl.

Man. Damn. Fk. How can anyone how can another man hate on that? This dude can be pretty cool at times.

Maybe that's our problem.

We've never had anyone to speak greatness into existence.

The last one who tried was Rex. He put his name, pride, ego, reputation, confidence, a tattoo and ultimately his coaching career on the line. For this losing Franchise. Who's the loser now?

Now known as a loud mouth who failed despite back to back AFC Championship Games behind a defense and crap rookie/2nd year quarterback.

New York for ya.

Everyone joked for an NFL Lineback or an NFL Safety to have the same mentality and mold as Rex. And now they've got one, but only for them to spit and crap all over.

I've seen this before. We all have.

Now being made out to be a head coach killer. A locker room cancer. A bad teammate.

Despite not only sticking up for Bowles (when we were losing last year @ 5-9) but also being at our facility for every potential F.A signing while being dressed in suit and tie.

Not a leader?

But I guess when he's not wearing a football helmet and gladiator costume he's no longer able to be himself and should join the secret society or just leave NYJ for Belichick and his secret basement.

It's ashame. We have all of these 1st page threads of Jamal Adams. But in a bad light. Now. If we (I) to were to create a thread showing good signs of him? You'd then become chastised for (wait for it) "creating another Jamal Adams thread". As if these 2-3 thread titles speak for the majority or heart of our fan base.

Hopefully he never gets bored and Google's Jets message boards and runs into TGG. And clicks on just one of his same old Jet threads (of and about him). I wouldn't blame him for one day wanting to leave this loser Franchise for Pittsburgh, N.E or the Giants. Bet he circles some of you on his yearly calendar every time he lays the lumber on Jet players. But oh wait. He already has Twitter to see all that. Congrats. Some of you don't deserve any nice things. I bet if Babe Ruth and Patrick Ewing played in an era of social media Ruth would get killed by pundits every time he went to a game drunk and struck out and #33 Ewing would've forever hated New York Fans.

2018 sports reality T.V/Internet for ya. Hah.

#71 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 8, 2018
    K'OB likes this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bowles isn't a good coach. Adams should've kept his mouth shut but he'll be here and a pro bowler long after Bowles is gone. I don't think he meant to throw anybody under the bus but Adams has no tolerance for incompetence or losing. I'm sure he respects Bowles as a former player and SB Champion. But as a coach....he's not getting the job done

In a way I'm glad that he revealed what he revealed because it shows Bowles has no clue how to run a team and keep a locker room together. It's too much for him. IS he the absolute worst Jets coach I've seen? No. But we can and will do better

94Abraham likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...todd-bowles-did-for-the-new-york-jets-in-2017

14. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

"And a child shall lead them ..."

It's about time someone on the defense stood up and took on some leadership, showed some ownership. However as long as Bowles and Rodgers are in the saddle there's not a lot he can do except lead by example on the field. And unless everyone else is playing as hard as you are, you're on a straight line to the IR.

I also agree it's larger than Bowles, and team culture, it's management. Anyone who can't see TB isn't the guy is too dumb (in football terms) to be an owner.

But good luck to Adams. I hope I get to see him play some more, you know, in the three games per year I get out here. ;)

15. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree more.

16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

In regard to OP.. *sigh*

FJF likes this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Some people just don't want to read all of or any of that. They think. What they want to think. And want to be "right"; oh well.

Some will start off by saying "Todd Bowles is a bad coach".

I'll immediately stop reading and skip to the next.

They fail to understand a couple of aspects about head coaching. Below I'll try and keep it simple. Black and White. And only list off 3 (A/B/C) examples.

These people obviously do not realize that since becoming a head coach...

A.) He's been forced to coach a roster full of nothing but roster turnover.

Example: There is no longer a single Jets player still on our current roster, who was here during our back to back AFC Championship games under Rex & Tanny.

Some don't comprehend that aspect. Roster turnover. Complete rebuild. Etc.

You can thank Macc for that turnover too (I know I do).

Do you know how many veteran team leaders Bowles has lost over the last 3 years as head coach? Do they not know how many different starters he's been forced to play and experiement with? How many different QB's, HB's, TE's, O-Line, WR's, CB's, DE's, DT's, NT's, MLB's, OLB's, S's & special teams players have seen the field during his 3 year span? Way more than the average competitive team. Too many for even me to list. And that's telling.

B.)
    1.) Ryan Shitztragic.
    2.) Geno Smith.
    3.) Bryce Petty.
    4.) Christian Hackenberg.
    5. Josh McCown (wait for it).

Where are they now?

Probably the same place that Josh McCown will be come next offseason.

On the couch.

Retired.

No longer in the league.

With career losing records (one 0-0 how funny) to hang their hats on.

Yea.

Right.

Not a good coach?

Hah.

George Halas.
    Paul Brown.
    Vince Lombardi.
    Tom Landry.
    Don Shula.
    Chuck Noll.
    John Madden.
    Bill Walsh.
    Joe Gibbs.
    Bill Parcells.
    Bill Belichick.

Once someone can combine example(s) 'A' (roster turnover) & example(s) 'B' (5 career crap QB's in in Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg & Josh McCown) and combine both 'A' & 'B' together? You'll then get answer "C".

C.) Where not even any one of those 11 legendary head coaches listed above could've won with consistent success under those environments/situations/circumstances/rebuilds consisting of nothing but roster turnovers and career losing journeymen QB/not good enough to become winning NFL QB's. And if so, then who? Please explain.

So once someone can comprehend both A & B and then answer C?

Then and only then could they then consider Bowles as being a "bad head coach". Anything else is just an educated/non educated guess. Knee jerk.

Because even Bill Belichick tried examples A.) & B.) while with Cleveland. He failed. And was almost forgotten before it ever began. Any coach would've.

Now that Bowles has a potential Franchise QB in Sam Darnold along with a GM who has more cap space come the offseason than any other GM... Then and only now over the next two years can coach Todd Bowles be truly judged with any type of accuracy. Anything else is agenda driven.

#77 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 8, 2018
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Who gives a flying fuck what he has to say about anything at all. What he does on the field is what matters. Period. Calvin Pryor had a lot of shit to say when he first got to the Jets. Nobody cares what his opinion was. Nor should they. Because he completely ate fucking balls at his job. If Adams eats fucking balls, it doesn't matter at all what stupid nonsense came out of his stupid mouth.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That isn't for some rookie to acknowledge that. All we ever hear from sportswriters, coaches and veterans is how McCown leadership stands out and how his influence in on the fil

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Because it defeats the purpose. His positive comment doesn't jive with the negative ones. The stuff he is saying went on last season yet he said nothing at the time. Calling out a problem 9 months later is not leadership. You see something wrong you call it out then. It makes him come off as a backstabbing suck up. Nobody likes those types. Seen them in the military and nobody liked that type of "leadership".