Jalin Marshall

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyFtLaud, Oct 2, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Marshall has officially completed his four-game suspension and is eligible to return to the team tomorrow.
    Bowles said he was unsure if the Jets will bring him back or not.
    Any thoughts on if he has a place on the roster?
    Cadet , who was signed when Peak went on the IR would likely be the odd man out if Marshall does return.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He may have a spot.

I think one of the 5 TE's maybe cut though, I'm looking at Tye, who was inactive last week. ASJ is the starter, Tomlinson they love as the blocking TE, Leggett is hurt and they seem to like Sterling...

3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Marshall should be back on the team. He will be an asset to the WR's and can go long. Alternate with Anderson and run him deep which helps open up the middle.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see what they do. They knew when Marshall's suspension would end. I would think that if they were planning on bringing him back, they wouldn't have signed Cadet, but maybe they're going to use Cadet as the returner and have Marshall just focus on WR. As Mogriffjr said, they may cut loose one of the TEs.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd bring him back on. He can be a good possession receiver in this offense and contribute on specials. Very athletic player.
    Only potential problem he is similar type player to Kerley and Stewart, but I'd still like to see more.

As others mentioned demote Cadet or Sterling to the PS..

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

If you bring him back don't let him return punts

TonyFtLaud, FJF, boozer32 and 3 others like this.
  7. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I don't know if he does or doesn't? One thing I do know is that Chad Hansen is not being used much if at all. Hasn't he been inactive for the majority of the season? Anyway, Hansen needs to start being utilized otherwise it's a wasted pick. I do think that Hansen is a similar player to Marshall, only Hansen seems to have better hands..........

8. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Well they put Peake on IR, so it would seem that they have a spot available for a receiver. Cadet seems like a likely candidate to be demoted if Forte is healthy enough to play next week. Anyone know if they are required to activate or cut Marshall now or whether they can wait a week or two before activating him.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

His fumbles have scared and has me worried but I've always loved Jalin Marshall along with his athletic abilities. This kid is electric with lighting in a bottle type of potential.

Improve upon his ball security and he'll become a nice addition for a vet QB amongst a core group of talents in Kearse, Anderson, ArDarius, Kerley, Seferian-Jenkins and Powell/Elijah.

Still one of the youngest Jets at only 22 years of age & would love to see him returning KO's for us.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Meh...

Nice to be faced with decisions to keep or cut offensive weapons/wr s

Let see what Morton decides

As I recall before his suspension Marshall was good for some long receptions

I would like to see A Stewart and Hansen played more...lotsa talent out there

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Talented but he's way too jittery. I get nervous whenever the ball heads in his direction. Throw him in the mix with the other youngins and hopefully a couple of them emerge.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Would honestly rather see Stewart and Hansen get snaps. He's a bad punt returner and is shaky with the ball. If they moved on from him I wouldn't care even a little bit.

FJF and ajax like this.
  13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He had his problems, but the guy did make some great plays as an UDFA. This season is mostly about evaluation too so why not get him back out there. That's assuming there's somebody they are alright with cutting, of course.

I want to see more of Chad Hansen and especially ArDarius Stewart though!

14. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I want to see more Ardarius Stewart, all he does is flash everytime the ball comes his way.

It's hard to make the argument for less Kearse he's been nothing but productive.
    Kerley has likewise been solid, nothing of note but no mistakes either. Which is why he was brought in.
    Robby's skillset and body type means he won't lose time.

So, that leaves Kerley as the odd man out to lose reps. The question is to whom? (Marshall or Kerley)

I would like to see :
    Stewart - 3rd/slot WR
    Marshall - KR/PR occasional snaps like Stewart gets now
    Kerley - 4th option / 4 wide sets

If Marshall is productive and seems to have rid himself of the boneheadedness the gradually increase his role.

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

That's it. Surprisingly, at least two of the guys ahead of him are playing well and don't deserve to be benched. Anderson adds a different dynamic and needs to keep playing. In addition to 4-WR sets, I'd just like to see Stewart rotated in for Kerley and Kearse a little more often

16. NCJetsfan

I like Marshall and still think he has some promise, but I think that Stewart and Hansen both probably have more promise than Marshall. If Marshall is brought back, Bowles would probably use him, and Stewart and Hansen probably would still receive little playing time and probably few reps in practice. I think I'd probably rather keep Cadet as the returner, as I think he is probably a little more sure-handed, and let Stewart and Hansen get more reps and playing time.

OTOH, as some of you have pointed out, this is the year for determining who is a keeper, and Marshall does have talent and can make some plays. I don't object to their bringing him back, but I'd like for Stewart to receive more reps than Marshall or Kerley. Kerley's been solid, but he isn't the future.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I don't know about you guys, but I've been surprised by Kerley's play since the reunion. He can't be the guy on the out. We have a small group of guys with similar slot-talent. I like ArDarius over Jalin, but the beauty of this season is that all should be getting looks.

18. NCJetsfan

I'm not surprised by his play at all. He was always good for us, just didn't get a lot of opportunities or love here the last year that he was here. Gailey liked taller WRs. Kerley was very good for SF last year. I've always liked Kerley. He was one of the few players over the last 10-20 years that I hoped the Jets would draft and they actually did.

The thing is that the Jets know what he can and can't do. They don't have to play him to find that out. He's 28. He's limited size-wise and speed-wise. He has reliable hands, but is not much of a PR. He's not the future. He can be a useful possession WR for another couple of years, maybe even 3-4, but this season isn't about seeing how many games they can win. It's about developing their young players and determining who can help them going forward. They need to give Stewart and Hansen a lot of reps and playing time to see what they can do. If one of both of them don't show much, they can still keep Kerley as solid depth, a veteran presence, and if they can't find anyone better, as a starter. If Kerley plays most of the time, the Jets still won't have much of an idea if Stewart and/or Hansen are keepers.

boozer32 likes this.
  19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Especially ArDarius Stewart. That guy to looks like a little smaller Enunwa with hands to me and I get the feeling we're gonna see him make an explosive play, that's it's just matter of time with him.
    That dude has a physical presence to him.

20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

+1
    That dude looks like he could erupt at any moment

Not with the Marshall Plan tho. Especially on ST.. I don't want to see him have to handle the ball in any critical situations anytime soon. He needs to prove over time that he can stop coughing the ball up every time he gets touched.