Jabba's 4 RD Jets Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jabba the Jet, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

I might as well get in on the fun :grin:

Best case scenario, if everything falls just right, with needs galore sliding to the Jets

1. RB Marshawn Lynch, California
    2. DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville
    2. OLB Anthony Spencer, Purdue {College DE who's a better fit at 34 OLB/Edge Rusher}
    3. FB/RB/H-BACK Brian Leonard, Rutgers
    4. DE Glenn Dorsey, LSU {300 Pound College DT who's a better fit at 34 DE}

#1 Jabba the Jet, Nov 25, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I would love to have Marshawn Lynch, he would be my top choice at this point as well. I think by the time the draft rolls around a true 3-4 DE is gonna be a bigger need than a DT. If I'm in charge I would look to fill the NT spot in FA, if DRob continues to improve it might not be a need at all with Pouha & Tui coming back next year. I would look to target a 3-4 OLB & DE in the 2nd round.

I'm surprised to see you on the Leonard bandwagon as well as everyone else on this site. 3rd round seems a bit more plausible to me but would think we have bigger needs that could be filled in the 3rd round..

3. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Actually I don't see any of these players sliding to the Jets where I projected them ... they should all go higher than that, and probably will ... this is more of a dream draft, with a little divine intervention :grin:

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Tidbids here bro..

1. We sadly dont have a 4th round pick. San Fran owns ours due to that Barlow trade. Unless of course we got another one in some trade I forgot about.

2. Not a big fan of Lynch. He is flashy I mean, thats cool and all but which college does he play in? California, the same college who runs a strict offensive scheme which offensive players benefit from. Look at the Cal Qbs and notice they dont produce. And remember the last ''cant miss RB'' who came from Cal, JJ Arrington? He was drafted in the 2nd round by Arizona, and he was so good that the Cardinals needed to pay Edge James the big bucks to be the permanent RB.

3. Like the 1st 2nd round pick, and I cant say I know alot about Spencer but he seems like a Woodley type. But I want Woodley in the 1st round, so I may not have liked this pick.

4. Not a fan of Leonard, but this is better than using a 2nd round pick on him. Just not a fan of these converted guys, and we have a bigger need then this. Give us a linemen or power RB here.

5. Attackett

JJ Arrington just might end up becoming a quality RB once he leaves Arizona. Thomas Jones was a bust also while he was with Arizona. Besides I never saw Arrington as a can't miss RB, don't think many people really did. IMO Lynch is on a different planet as far as talent goes. Remember the big knock on Maroney coming out was the system he played in at Minnesota. He seems to be doing alright in a completely differnt system in NE. Bottomline is if the RB has the skills he will flourish in any system, Lynch has the skills..

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Good point. I heard many say Arrington will be great in the NFL and those people were shocked he slipped to the 2nd round.

I am not bashing Lynch, just I would rather have Woodley here. Safer pick.

7. Attackett

It will be interesting to see how the FO views the RB situation in the offseason. I personally think we need a true franchise RB but I'm not sure the FO feels the same. I do think Woodley is gonna be a stud as well so depending on how the FO prioritizes IMO they can't really go wrong with either. Right now if I had to choose I would think we would look D with the first pick but so much can change between now & the draft & honestly I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Woodley has worked himself out of our range..

8. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

anyone else sick of people putting leonard in their mocks just because their rutgers fans

9. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Good Points, BakerMaker

I have to be honest, if we're drafting a RB in RD 1 there's a part of me that hopes Lynch is off the board and we're forced to settle for Michael Bush .. I'd be very happy with that ... Bush reminds me of Larry Johnson and I love those BIG POWER BACKS with decent speed to boot

I know Lynch carries the higher ranking, but Michael Bush excites me more .. he's the kinda back I love

10. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

If we go back we should take Bush.

11. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I wouldn't say Arrington was a can't miss player or else he would have been drafted in the first round. However, I do agree with you that Cal tends to produce system type players and that scares me about Marshawn Lynch.