It's too much to ask Marshawn to return

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetInAbsentia, Dec 29, 2006.

1. JetInAbsentia

JetInAbsentia New Member

I thought this was an interesting article. Is anybody else a little surprised by how significantly this writer plays the injury angle in regard to Lynch's running style?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I totally agree with him. If anyone saw the Holiday Bowl, Lynch is a very wreckless runner. He's a great back, but I don't think his style will hold up in the NFL. He's simply not built to take the beating he takes every week, because of his lower your shoulder and drive your feet type of style. He simply takes too many hits; it has nothing to do with being injury prone. He's a rugged player, who has balls. I won't compare him to Earl Campbell, but the man just couldn't keep up his amazing pace.

I think Adrian Peterson has a similar future in store to Campbell. Lynch needs to be used in a Reggie Bush type of role, early on. That's why I don't think he'd be a good pick for us, since we need a back that can take the beating. A big physical runner to compliment Leon.

3. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Also, I think that Lynch might be gone by the time we pick. Just a hunch that his draft stock is going to be raised from now to the draft. Essentially we are playing ourselves out of the Lynch race.