It's Official. Jets have the 6th pick in the 2018 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 31, 2017.

1. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I see more Russell Wilson in Mayfield than Johnny Manziel

Edit:. Wilson is 5"11

M00ndawg, BomberJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I hope you’re right because he will be there at six but I rather have Josh Allen will see what happens at the Scouting combine

NYJetsO12 and nicg4360 like this.
  3. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Williams is clearly not worth that pick

playtowinthegame likes this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Me too. And/or Drew Brees.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I agree. The wild card will be Macc and his poor Qb vision. Macc isn't crazy. He knows what he needs to do and what he's done up until now at QB. He's 0 for 2 drafting Qb's and realizes he has to get that right or else....

I don't know what kind of poker player Macc is, but it would require balls of steel to sit at 6 and wait to see who falls to us. Taking the passive approach is what he's known for unfortunately, that's probably not gonna get it done. Buffalo is still a player and has excess picks. I don't see Macc playing it safe. I see the Jets watching the board carefully with one eye on the Colts and the other on the Bills. Cleveland's second 1st round pick along with the Colt's 3rd are platinum.

dogg, ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

So was Vernon.

7. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I do agree with one thing you did say this is make or break for the GM and head coach

8. Walt White

It should be fun. They're gonna have a good pick of guys. There's a lot more to go into it yet to see who gets picked where.

9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Yeah it's going to be extremely interesting this year and not just for us....tons of QBs and tons of teams that need QBs picking High this year

Who knows...maybe we sign Cosuins or Alex Smith or Bridgewater and we end up trading down for picks....you never know how this will all turn out

Plus some of the teams that need a QB will end up with those guys if it isn't us which makes it more likely someone we like falls

nicg4360 likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Yeah cuz draft day rankings always translate onto the football field.

The fourth best QB in this draft could turn out to be the best QB out of this draft.

Time will tell.

M00ndawg, Br4d and nicg4360 like this.
  11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Good thing we got Mccown to win us those meaningless games and get us a shitty pick and keep the Toilet

Sounds like an exacta hit

SOJ

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I know. We wouldn't have won more than one game with Hackenberg.

Of course we could. We're just not likely to ... just like every other year. Which should surprise no one because we did the same thing this season that we do every other year (with exactly the same result).

Darnold is a star. Rosen has "star"-ability, will have a great season within his first three years, but will spend the second half of his career playing average-at-best and floating around the league because he's an a-hole and his coaches and teammates won't like him (basically, Rosen will be Jay Cutler). Lamar Jackson will have a great season within his first three years, but will get hurt one season, his coaches will tell him he's not allowed to run anymore and then he will just be a below-average QB (see RG3 or Michael Vick); he has an outside chance of being a poor-man's Steve McNair if he can remain durable. Everyone else will never start more than a season in the NFL (unless they get picked by the Jets - then they will probably start three horrible years).

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, the cash can be used to fortify both the Oline and the Lb positions. We need to spend the cash on the Oline and Lb's. Perhaps even add a CB. Every one of those players need to be under 30. Use the draft to address the critical long term needs. Use the cash to solidify the trenches. Build from the middle out in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

LOL so the only QB worthy to you is Darnold who is going to the 0-16 Browns.....so either way we were screwed because we weren't going better than 0-16!

nicg4360, FJF and Walt White like this.
  15. Unhappyjetsfan

They could ... they are just far less likely to turn out to be the best QB in the draft than the first QB picked.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That's the going rate for quarterbacks now. It is what it is. The Jets haven't had a franchise QB in 50 years. It's time to stop worrying about money. There is no reason for Cousins not to be a Jet next year. The Jets have 90M in cap this offseason once they release Wilkerson. The Jets can realistically give 50M to Cousins year 1 and you give yourself an out in year 3. They'd have a 29 year old FQB in his prime and 3 top 45 draft picks on the roster.

dogg and FJF like this.
  17. Walt White

You sure abut that? You got the #'s?

18. Unhappyjetsfan

You asked me what I thought would happen. I would still draft Rosen or Jackson (if available) even though I think they will eventually flame out. If one of these three players are available when the Jets pick and they don't take them, the Jets should just fold the franchise.

19. Unhappyjetsfan

Yes, I do. I had the exact same argument with someone else last week on this forum ...

First QB Taken in a draft who won Super Bowls:

Eli Manning - 2 rings, borderline HOF
    Peyton Manning - 2 rings, HOF
    Troy Aikman - 3 rings, HOF
    Steve Young - 3 rings, HOF (supplemental draft)
    John Elway - 3 rings, HOF
    Doug Williams - 1 ring
    Jim Plunkett - 2 rings
    Terry Bradshaw - 4 rings, HOF

Fourth QB Taken in a draft who won Super Bowls:

Joe Montana - 4 rings, HOF

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

This year I don't know about that.

Whoever gets drafted #1 by Cleveland is effed I think. That place is a black hole I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can win there.

If Darnold goes #1 he's screwed. Whoever gets drafted by the Giants at #2 and the QBs picked behind him has a better shot to succeed that the guy Cleveland picks #1 overall.

JMO

Br4d, dogg and NYJalltheway like this.