It's Official. Jets have the 6th pick in the 2018 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Dec 31, 2017.

1. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Everyone had questions about Sanchez coming out same with RG3..... The quarterback I really want is Josh Allen... he’s big strong arm and he can run he’s the guy

BomberJet likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nobody expected the Giants to be as bad as they were this year. It is what it is though. Had the Jets tanked, at best they'd be sitting at 3 and not having to worry about getting a top 3 Qb talent. Those 5 feel good wins didn't do us much good in the long run. Yeah, Anderson can catch and Powell can run, but other than that, those 5 wins were pretty much meaningless.

3. jetstopgun

Will see you at the Scouting combine there’s questions that he’s not even 6 feet tall

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Which QB are we getting at 3 and not at 6? From what I can tell there are two top QBs then another 3 or 4 in the same second tier right below the top 2

Sorry I just don't buy it....and we'd probably be better than the shitty colts too if we're going there

Br4d and FJF like this.
  5. Cman68

OMG!!! Not the BPA curse again.. Please God, Not again..

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the plus side is williams and adams were out 2 6th overall picks

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  7. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I still couldn't wrap my head around Giants got 2nd pick. WTF! If Giants pick a QB, are they going to release Eli? lol

8. King Koopa

Fine we will probably have a shot at him by sitting at 6....if not Baker Mayfield and Jackson are similar rated prospects even if you personally don't like them

9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Play Hackenberg the entire season and win zero or one game.

K'OB likes this.
  10. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

With Williams and Adams, Jets have had the highest-rated defensive player in the draft fall to them at 6 twice. Would be nice if that was Chubb this year. Could also get Barkley or Ridley and finally take a skill-position player in the first round. Should be a lot of good non-QB options if they elect to go FA - Jets are in a good spot.

Dom, tbruner12 and FJF like this.
  11. Cman68

This is intriguing isn't it... Darnold (If he comes out), Rosen, Mayfield, several other guys... Macc has a thing for tall, strong armed QB's so that puts Allen into play. Rudolf, Jackson, Mayfield.. I see your point but there's no harm in hedging your bet. :)

12. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

For "Top 2" money. Anybody in the league could have him if they wanted if they were willing to pay $1 more than the Franchise Tag; that doesn't make it a wise decision.

13. King Koopa

Yeah just not realistic....and even then we could have luck boxed our way into a few wins or Hack could have played well in a few or more....who the hell knows

Bottom line is we don't have to do anything and we can end up with a potential franchise QB

If you can tell me which of the QBs are pro bowlers and which are busts post it in this thread

14. King Koopa

Fair enough but what's done is done and we will have a chance at a QB all I'm saying

15. Cman68

We have almost $100m in our back pocket.

donkey likes this.
  16. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

time to ditch an over paid D lineman, get a new quarterback and hit a home run with our pick at number 6.... reaaarr??? That was last year you say? Oh right the jets have moved NO WHERE this was the year it all changes.... it did all change just not for us. We extended our coach. Have the SAME record SAME pick SAME lack of qb and guess what due to missing out on the qbs and draft the SAME side of the ball... no Sam , no saqOn, no Josh.. S.O.J. Btw Giants are picking two and bills are in the playoffs so yeah things did change except we suck and patriots are first seed

17. jetstopgun

18. King Koopa

Ok personally I want to put that money and all of our picks to good use in making a solid overall team with depth

M00ndawg and FJF like this.
  19. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be opposed to the Jets pulling a Redskins and drafting a QB with the 1st and another in round 3 or 4.
    Then sign McCown to be the vet QB on the roster.
    We are not winning next year anyway, the cap $ needs to be spent wisely over the next 2 years, and not blown out of the water in one shot for the sake of being “competitive”.

Barkley is a talent, but the shelf life of RBs and the ease of finding a decent one would make me very reluctant to use that high of a pick on one.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Wow.

This draft will make or brake Mac/TB. Hope Mayfield wows them during the process and they pull the trigger. Fuck the height, and fuck the Manziel comparison.

They gotta grab a QB...whoever it is. Gonna be an interesting offseason