It's not impossible to snag Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cody Hummel, Feb 11, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The only Belichick trades Garappalo to us is if he feels he will fail here. Having 4-6 guaranteed wins in the division is something Belichick cares a great deal about.
    If Belichick refused to trade him to us, that would be a sign he thinks he will be successful. In that case. The only way we get a shot at him is working a deal with the Brown's for him. Cleveland trades for him, We trade with Cleveland. Would really piss Belichick off if that were to happen!!!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

A couple of words, Matt Cassell, Ryan Mallet, Don't let the system fool you

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jimmy G will stink up the joint here.

Just like Matt Cassel stunk up the joint when he left Foxboro.

It's their system that makes the QBs look better than they are. [And they have the best cheater in the league coaching.]

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're right...it's BB's system that makes all the difference. I don't know how much of that system relies on cheating, but that's part of it for sure. But he also has a knack for finding the right players to play his system and make it work. He's a genius, and I hate to admit that, but it's true. I believe that if Belichick coached this Jets team, they would've made the playoffs - not gone to the SB, even a genius can't turn hamburger into steak, but he would've found a way. And that's what the Jets need more than a anything - a system. It doesn't have to be Belichick's system, but it has to be a system. All the great coaches had one. Clearly, Bowles does not. If he did, we would see some consistency in his methods and who he chooses to play. Or maybe I should say, he does have a system - play the vets who are loyal to him no matter what - but it's losing system. As I've said before, as long as we have the same guys and mentality in charge, nothing else will make a real difference.

nicg4360 likes this.
  5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

If Bellichick is willing to trade him to the Jets, then we don't want him because he's not that good and Bill will be laughing at us.

If he IS that good, he won't be traded given Brady's age.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

No disrespect, but this premise is totally not going to happen.

BB trading with the Jets is laughable.

NCJetsfan, Zach and Attackett like this.
  7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If BB is trading Jimmy G to the Jets, that in essence proves that Jimmy G is a fucking lemon.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Given the Patriots history of making prospect QB's look amazing for a few games just to have them turn into mediocre backups is the main reason I would be unwilling to seriously get Garappolo. Also, the Patriots would more than likely not trade within the division, and if so they would fleece us out of multiple first round picks and subsequently laugh at us when he's cut a few years later.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

there is NO way a trade like this happens. No way.

10. ColoradoContrails

If Garoppolo was "all that", why wasn't he taken much earlier than 62? In other words, if he weren't on the Pats, surrounded by that talent and coaching, how good would he really be? Is he really a FQB? Is he really even above average?

I don't think so. I think he's sucker bait being trolled by BB.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think draft position means much; there are many examples of good to great QBs who didn't go in the first round or early in the second. It's more that if Belichick thought Garoppolo was the next Brady, he'd be showing Brady the door.

12. ColoradoContrails

Well your point is well taken, but I'm just trying to say that if he really had FQB skills, he likely would've be drafted higher. True, Brady wasn't, and when he was drafted no one besides BB thought he had what it takes, but there were some signs he could be. But I agree with your last point completely.