It's not impossible to snag Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cody Hummel, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

There really isn't a single quarterback in this year's draft, on our current roster, or an upcoming free agent. That I want leading this team. Although most of us feel the Jets need a rebuild, Mac and Bowles have to win now to secure their jobs. I hear how it's virtually impossible for us to obtain Jimmy Goroppolo via trade because the Pats will not trade to a division rival. News flash Bill Belichick doe not care about us, any team in his division, or any other team in the league if he's truly willing to move Garoppolo I don't think he will ignore macs phone call. I don't personally think Garoppolo will warrant a first round pick. I think the pats will probably obtain a 2nd, 4th, and a 3rd in the 2018 draft. Here's how we pull this off without really losing any picks.

Trade Sheldon Richardson for a 2nd round pick
    We should obtain a 4th round comp pick for snacks

We keep the 2nd round pick we obtain from Richardson we deal our current 2nd rounder (since it will be more valuable) add in the 4th round comp pick and a 4th rounder next draft add a clause that if we win 10+ games in 2017 the 4th becomes a 3rd

Obviously Belichick would rather trade outside of the division like to the bears (who I think will end up with Jimmy) or the browns. But if these Qb needy teams take other avenues and the patriots dont have anyone knocking on the door besides the Jets they will listen, But again Belichick does not care. He knows the Jets are a shit show franchise that will probably cause Jimmy to fail plus in his eyes he's taking picks from a division rival.

I would much rather see something like this go down rather than bring in an aging vetern, a stop gap, or draft another quarterback.

Last offseason the price tag for Jimmy G was a 1st and a 4th they didn't get it and they won't this season. John Clayton predicts if a trade happens it will be a 2nd and a 3rd (similar to the Alex Smith deal)

Therfore I don't think I'm off on my proposal. I don't think this will happen but Mac needs to make a phone call

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Fuck Garropolololololololololol and anybody else to ever wear a gaytriots jersey

dogg, Leicester Jet, Dom and 4 others like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There is no possible trade with New England ever, and I mean ever, never, in which the Jets could possibly get the upper hand or at least a fair exchange over that freaking BB. He will rape us every single time.
    Forget any kind of a trade with the Pats.

TonyFtLaud, ajax, wewantsapp and 7 others like this.
  4. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

It's not just the Jets that are going to have a tough time dealing with Belichick. He doesn't just give players away. In his eyes he's taking 3 picks from us and he will figure out a way to beat us if we have Jimmy. But out of all our options out there a 2nd 4th and another 3rd or 4th for a franchise quarterback I'll take it over any other option. Not saying he is a franchise quarterback but he could be. I really don't think it will happen. But I made this post to show its possible. I see many reports that say Belichick would never trade a quarterback to us. Honestly I don't think he cares and if nobody is beating down the door for Jimmy he wouldn't think twice about sending him here if he gets what he wants

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

First of all, a second, third, and fourth rounder are worth more than a first rounder.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, who says Garoppolo is "all that"? Don't forget that as good as he looked he WAS playing on the Patriots. On the Jets? Maybe no better than Fitz.

Second, even if he good, he's not THAT good, worth all those picks, especially when the Jets need them more than the Pats.

Third, if they did sign him, and he was good, the Jets would get lower draft picks, and therefore be less able to get the talent at other positions they need.

a big NO! to Garoppolo!

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think trading anything for c̶a̶s̶s̶e̶l̶l̶ err m̶a̶l̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶ i mean garroppollo is a bad idea

8. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

If and that's a big if Bellicheck decides to trade him, that tells you all you need to know.... I don't want him if Bellicheck decides he doesn't want him.....

hwismer, MoWilkBeast and Dibben like this.
  9. Dibben

Dibben New Member

I know Brady has a few years probably left in the tank, but if JG was THAT good, surely they'd want to keep him!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I liked JG and it puzzles me why BB is trading him??

Guy has a lot of potential and I don't care if he played on Pats

I would make the call but do my due diligence too eg he has some injury

Biggest red flag is Belli wants a trade,,,,oh wait maybe the kid doesn't want to wait another 6 years till TB leaves us?!?? ...could be that

Cody Hummel likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. Either the kid isn't all that or he's tired of sitting on the bench. Either way, BB must be happy with Brisset as the backup is he's willing to part with Garoppolo.

12. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

How many games did JimmyG play two ?

I'm not selling the farm for a guy with two NFL games under his belt.

I would much rather risk over paying Glennon , a guy who has thrown for 4,100 yards 30 TDs and 15 INTs in 18 games. While playing on a much worse Tampa team then Jimmys patriot team.

The question all of us armature GMs should ask ourselves is could Glennon put up Jimmys numbers in two games with the Patriots team around him ?

hwismer, ajax and wewantsapp like this.
  13. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with Garopolos talent. BB knows hes gonna walk when hes a FA next year so he might as well get something for him

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a trade at QB, you are really asking for one of two things; either a back-up for the kids, or a very near term answer as a starter. In either case you know what's available in the market , and by the most part is not what we need. What we need is to find out what we have, or don't have in the way of talent internally, and then, based on what we see on the field of PLAY, not on paper, make a decision and adjust our draft picks in future years accordingly. One absolute fact remains, no young superstar QB will ever be available thru a trade or free agency, just old, broken down cowboys looking for one more rodeo.
    That my fellow Jet fans, is exactly what we don't need anymore. We have had our SHARE OF ONE YEAR WONDERS, SO.EITHER WE FIND OUR QB THRU THE DRAFT OR WE WILL FOREVER BE A PRETENDER, NEVER A CONTENDER.
    This is the year for the Jets to change their mind set once and for all, build thru the draft properly, and fuck the quick fixes in critical positions. Or if we must go to the free market place, bring a real leadership team that knows a thing or two about what it takes to be at least a winner if not a dynasty. It is abundantly clear that is what we lack the most.

15. NCJetsfan

Great post, LA

16. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

It's definitely a trade to consider and yes I believe the Pats would trade to the Jets especially if they knew he was a product of their system and could rape the Jets of valuable draft picks. This could be a trade that has Brock Osweiller written all over it.

dogg and LAJet like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks. Cant wait for the draft this year.

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus 10000

a good strategy would be to draft a QB every year

Doesn't matter what round

The last part of this season should have seen Hack and Petty play more but Bubba said no

ajax and LAJet like this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Belichik will only trade us Garoppolo if he's fairly certain he is not a franchise QB.

Starting from that premise I see no reason at all to even entertain overpaying to bring him to the Jets when not only do the Patriots have real incentives to keep the Jets from finding the FQB they also will profit heavily in draft value from the deal.

20. NCJetsfan

Spot on. The idea that Belichick would trade Garoppolo to us on a fair deal if he was a quality QB is ludicrous. He hates the Jets. He would delight in screwing us any opportunity he gets.

ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.