Is this make or break year for Maccagnan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Lions are run HORRIBLY........a good friend of mine is a die hard Lions fan. Those fans have suffered worse than us....

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

This is the bit that I have trouble with...

"this is the offseason Maccagnan has to turn the Jets from laughingstocks into a winner"

It is this all or nothing or it has to be right now brigade that will hinder us in the grander scheme of things, yes we are all desperate for success but equally, we are all used to being shit and I would rather they got the damned rebuild right. This team is currently miles away from being capable of winning a super bowl so until it is then it pointless wanting to win 8 fucking games a season, I hope the rebuild can be fully finished by 2021 and then we can go for it properly and then crucially keep the damned squad topped up with talent and become some sort of long term dynasty like other great teams in the past and of course those cheating cunts up the road.

If we crash out of this current rebuild early it will be a bloodbath and a restart and more and more waiting or squads built up like Mac's first season of win now oldies and that is good for a long term future franchise.

I would love a 5,6,7 season run at the top, it will blow all the previous 40 years of mostly crap away for me :)

mrjet80 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  3. mrjet80

This is a logical train of thought. I would think an improvement over last year in terms of talent, wins, and overall direction will go a long way in what you just outlined......steady improvement. At least that's what Chris Johnson seems to expect.....playoffs in not a necessity this year. Improvement has to be.....

K'OB likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Finally...some good news

Guess I will sleep a lot better tonight

5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

AND you live in Detroit.

mrjet80 likes this.
  6. mrjet80

HAHA yeah he left Detroit a long time ago........

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I agree 8-8 has to be the minimum for Maccagnan to keep his job. Plus all the draft picks and free agent signings. He needs to start putting some talent on this roster.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Interesting situation that was. Ditka had to keep Ryan to receive the job. He had no jurisdiction over him. That was 100% Buddy Ryans defense and he let Ditka know it many times over

mrjet80 likes this.
  9. mrjet80

A lot of people back at the time mistakenly thought Ditka was the defensive wizard and Ryan learned under him ........very unique situation there.