Is Sanchez's shoulder O.K.?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bloke911, Jan 8, 2011.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Dwight Freeny got a chop on Sanchez's shoulder early in the game on a pass that sailed to the sidelines. That couldn't have helped.

New England delenda est.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

You sure do love the personal attacks - first in the Fatcessa thread and now this one. Way to make friends and influence people.

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

In the second half, he completed 9 for 11. One of those was the Holmes drop on 3rd down.

He should amputate the arm.

4. CatoTheElder

The Holmes drop was high but it was in his hands. Holmes needs to come down with that one.

I may not be a surgeon but I do have a hammer and half a bottle of Excedrin. LET'S DO THIS!!!!

New England delenda est.

5. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

I think that in general he will be fine. However i was consistently thinking to myself that his throws did not look like the throws he made before the shoulder injury. With that said, he adjusted well and made some great plays and was not entirely helped by WR's dropping catchable passes either.

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

In his first game playing with the injury, against the Bears, I would've said his shoulder is fine. However, he looked very off in yesterday's game with multiple overthrows. I hope he can get that worked out before sunday, or we will be in some deep trouble.

7. Brick

Brick Member

Let's hope that the reason he overthrew all of the deep passes was inaccuracy rather than the shoulder. If he connects on two of those overthrown passes to Holmes, Edwards or Keller, last night's game is not close. The Jets need those big plays next week.

If it's not the shoulder, maybe it has something to do with this being the first indoor game for him since week 9, that he overadjusted to film that shows he's thrown a lot of deep balls short this season, or just pure inaccuracy.

8. nuker119

nuker119 New Member

Sanchez was over throwing his passes all game long even before getting hit in the first. yes the shoulder is sore but he was just inaccurate all day. hopefully he should be able to get it all sorted out by Sunday because they are gunna need Sanchez at the top of his game to stand a chance

9. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

10. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Not counting the second half, which he went 9-11, including the one drop.

Other than that he was inaccurate all day.

11. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Friend of mine is a sports therapist and doctor....appears on TV alot....has worked with Jets and Giants. Here's what he e-mailed me and a few other Jet fans during the game (3rd quarter; before the Jets had won):

"If the shoulder is sore, the muscles will not deliver the torque on the ball and the velocity with the same arm action. To compensate, the QB has to throw the ball HARDER. However, this will entail throwing the ball harder/quicker on passes that are aimed correctly or lead to overthrows. It's the same thing with a leg injury except there you try and move your legs FASTER to compensate for a lack of stride...and this of course exaccerbates the original injury. With the arm/shoulder, you only have to have motion 30-40 times (as opposed to legs used thousands of times in a game) so it's more manageable. But yes, Sanchez was overthrowing and it's fair to assume it's because of the shoulder injury since weather wasn't a factor.

That said, it's correctable and unless he tears something, he could play a few more games with little or no problem. But he will have to adjust to the change in velocity and adjust his arm angle accordingly."

12. Pad Chennington

Pad Chennington New Member

if sanchez were that hurt, the jets would not be disclosing anything to the public about it. this is the NFL, i doubt teams are going to be giving away secrets like that at this junction of the season.

13. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

Brunell should teach him how to throw lefty.

14. CatoTheElder

Did anyone else think his flip to LT in the first half was lefty?

New England delenda est.

15. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

At the start of the game I atributed many of Mark high throws to nerves. He has shown in the past to be quite hyper early in big games. Yet, as the game continued and Mark's, throws continued to sail on him, I began to feel his shoulder really did have an issue.

Now the question is, if there really is a problem with Mark's shoulder just how bad is the problem? No doubt Mark was not making the deep throws on the money lastnight that he was making earlier in the season. Notice how the passing game improved once they went to a short passing game. Yet, even then some of his throws could have been much better. Face it Jets fans, if Mark was on his game last night we would have killed
    the Colts and left no doubt who is was the better team this time around.

So we will see for sure next week if this is a case of rust or some other issue that will require attention in the off-season either with rest and rehab or surgey and rehab. One way or another, no matter how far we go this year, this will be a better team next year with a healthy Jenks and another solid pass rusher......

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

The longer he gets used to the strain, the better he'll throw.

Joe Montana had a similar injury in 1987 or 1988 I believe...got BETTER as the year went along even though he never recuperated until offseason.

17. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Well, he did almost had another bye week, played like a series with the Bills. We all know what happens when he has almost 2 weeks off..