Is Revis icing those ankles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LiterateStylish, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

If holding an opponents #1 WR to 14 yards isn't elite, then there's never been an elite CB in the NFL.

2. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

I'm guessing Bills fans are happy to be in the playoff hunt at the moment and 5-1 against the Jets in the last 6 meetings.

We weren't lucky to win.......we led the game from almost start to finish. Whats sad is with Fitz as your QB you guys actually believed you had a chance lol

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Lmao

Weren't lucky to win? Your head coach had no timeouts in the second half. He also had no challenges. You scored a TD off a fumble on a kickoff by a rookie. You botch a punt and our offense can't score from the 15 yard line. You say you didn't get lucky?

Tyrod Taylor, your starting QB, had 158 yards with a TD and looked like a complete joke. Your offense couldn't get a first down in almost an entire quarter. You guys scored almost all of your points off fumbles. Luck? Luck was the entire reason you won. You didn't win because you were the better team or played a great game. You won because luck was 100% in your favor.

4. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

The Bills haven't made the playoffs in 15 years. Think about that for a minute. And it's not changing this year, either. But enjoy this win. I get it, you've been bad so long that 5-4 feels like you've won the Super Bowl.

rohirrim665 and Big Cat like this.
  5. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

don't get me wrong Watkins is good

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Revis is a top 5 corner still. Probably the kid in Carolina, Josh Norman, is the best so far this year.

I think the days of the complete shutdown corner are over. Between the contact rules, bunch formations, and pick plays it's almost impossible to totally shut down a top WR nowadays.

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hakim supposed to be good on kick-offs?

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Revis could jam receivers inside 5 and shut them down all year, the problem is that he wouldn't have any picks and he'd have less leverage in contract negotiations.

He's the strongest corner I've ever seen. But he likes money more than he likes giving up 2 receptions for 5 yards with no picks.

10. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Revis has lost a step and his aggressiveness on the LOS I noticed it game 1 of this season since I never followed him much on the Pats/Bucs...

Its almost as if he is more interested in INT's than being a total shutdown corner...he will transition to safety in two season's and be a HOF player at both safety and corner...

That shot of Watkins jawing and pushing him would never have happened a couple of seasons ago Revis would have pushed him to the sideline...its almost like Revis is like "you got 5 yards I cant even bother with you"...aged like wine...

That said Revis is what he is...the best all around corner I have ever seen and probably will ever see...he will not be the reason we lose and will be the reason we win 90% of the time...imagine playing Pitt and A.Brown and knowing he will get at most 60 yards against him...or even 20...Revis is a once in a generation player...

When I see QB's going at him consistently and WR's acting like 'they got this' and Commentators 'defending' him that's when I will know he is done...Watkins literally had the best one yard catch against him I ever ever seen...hehe...REVIS IS REVIS just older...

11. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Sammy Watkins is an idiot. Between this and his tweet, he's following in the mold TO. Grow up, kid.

But yes, elite players make elite plays in pivotal moments. DR might be losing a step but it could also be a small sample size. Let's see how it plays out this season. Bill rarely makes a bad decision and I believe this will likely be the same here.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hell of a super bowl win for the Bills on Thursday. Prob their biggest win in the last decade plus.

Big Cat likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yep.

14. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

A 15 year playoff drought must really suck. Bills fans really are acting like they won the friggin Super Bowl.

If you look at the 4 teams who right now are in the wildcard hunt, it looks like there is a good chance the last game of the year in Buffalo, both teams will be 8-7 and that game will be for the last wildcard spot.

15. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

LMAO as if the Pats didn't want Revis and would prefer the pathetic tandem they have with Butler and..Logan Ryan is it? If Bill rarely makes bad decisions, then what does that make yours to come and post here? Get a life

16. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

The throw was on time Revis made a great play on it., although he was absolutely roasted on the OP's 3rd down play. Probably the worst I'eve ever seen Revis be beat.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

It was Revis who made the decision to go back to NY.

Royal Tee, abyzmul and JetsVilma28 like this.
  18. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Such a stupid thing to say. I hope that Belichick keeps coaching after Brady's gone.

But he won't because he knows he's a fraud.

19. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

If only nobody played defense that day Watkins could have scored a TD there.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What a fucking joke this is....Watkins had like 3 catches for under 20 yards

Royal Tee likes this.