Is Revis icing those ankles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LiterateStylish, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Come here and talk about how Shady McCoy made the vaunted Jet's D-line look like swiss cheese. Talk about the BUF 4th down and goal line defense.

Don't come here with some bullshit about Sammy Watkins and how I have to look beyond his 3 reception, 14 fucking yards, 0 TDs stat line. He got shut down. STFU.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Good thing you cut it off when Watkins tried to go up and get it, only to get his ass whipped by Revis. Trolling: 1.5/10

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Bills fan?
    or Troll?
    probably both
    Literate stylish ...may want to change your user name. Come to Jets fan site to mock a stellar Revis performance. Even the best players in the NFL sometimes get beat; especially at the corner position and in man to man coverage...really surprised by that? Revis owned Watkins last night. 3rec for 14yds ...hitch your offense to that line, see where it goes.

Do love the titties though...double d? motorboating sonofabitch...that should be your username

4. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I think this guy is just pointing out what we all saw. Revis is starting to fade. I definitely believe that Revis would have rather had Watkins go for 300 yards and no touchdowns against him, if he could have stopped that 3rd down completion. Watkins beat the press with what seemed like ease. Revis was getting stretched out on the sidelines during the game because Watkins was taking it to him. I love the Jets as much as the next guy but I'm just calling it like I see it.

5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Revis got beat on that 3rd down play that pretty much sealed the deal. And Watkins has an awesome jab step off the line. But lets not act like he owned Revis. Watkins is a very good WR and Revis is getting older, but still did an excellent job of covering Sammy.

Our front is also starting to get pressure consistently the past 2 games. Unfortunately, there are still times where pressure is non-existent or holes in the line open up so big you could drive a truck through them.

Inconsistency is the sign of a not-so-good team.

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lmfao WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT WHAT WATKINS COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA DID! He aint do it. He's another one of Revis's puppets.

7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

TBH Revis had an agenda on that last play he wasn't even looking at Watkins so i dont know how he got his ankles broken.. Yes watkins faked him out but revis wasn't planning on playing a short route or else he would have jammed him at the line... it is what it is though.

8. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Revis, or any CB covering in that situation can't just defend the short pass. If Revis plays for the short pass, Watkins breaks it off for a long catch and run.

9. LiterateStylish

LiterateStylish Active Member

Oh, Revis was the reason why that ball wasn't caught?

10. LiterateStylish

He DID jam him at the line .... lol

11. LiterateStylish

Nice to see that someone has some sense.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if Revis let Watkins go for 300 yards the Jets would've been blown out and would not have been in position for that 2 yard 3rd down play to even matter.

so its not even really a conversation.

think of the whole game and how Darrelle Revis is matched up 1 on 1 with a Sammy Watkins who gets doubled every game. he held him to jackshit and the Jets should've won the game with Revis and his ability to go 1 on 1 being a big part of the reason why.

If the game played out in the exact same manner but without Devin Smith fumbling for example the Jets win the football game and Darrelle Revis is a fucking hero for shutting down watkins. His ability to go 1 on 1 outside with Watkins allowed the Jets to blitz and beat the hell out of Taylor, put a spy on him, and it helped in the running game. This buffalo fool is here trolling don't you see that?

I mean fuck. Buffalo's offense had 2 drives all game. The Jets gave em a TD on special teams (6 point) and two field goals due to turnovers in their own end (6 points).

That was a classic Darrelle Revis led 17-10 football game where his team wins because he blankets the opponents only target. the turnovers he had nothing to do with is what made it 22-17 instead

#52 BrowningNagle, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  13. DaBallhawk

Pretty sure he would have caught the ball if nobody had covered him. Yes. But that's what made Jerry Rice and other hall of fame wideouts so great, right? They only caught balls when nobody bothered to cover them.

14. nyjetsmets89

Oh, I'm sorry. 100 yards rather.

It was the biggest 3rd down play in that moment. And Revis got beat. I don't know why people are pledging a blind allegiance to him when Watkins got the better of him all game, despite the meager stat line.

15. LiterateStylish

If you think that Revis was the right that ball wasn't caught, I don't know what to even say...

The ball was about 5 yards off target and behind him. He was streaking towards the center of the field and he had to slow down, adjust and turn.

16. DaBallhawk

If only it was a perfect pass with nobody in coverage or at least a pass thrown so perfect that only Sammy could get it and it was out of reach for the cornerback then our great Sammy could have made a really good play. That's greatness.

jco2007 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

now you are just trolling too.

"got the better of him all game, despite the meager stat line." is the dumbest ass line ever

TwoHeadedMonster and JetsVilma28 like this.
  18. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This thread is trash

19. nyjetsmets89

"dumbest ass" Yeah...

Revis was lagging behind Watkins all game. I don't know why people are blind to this.

IF Revis stops Watkins on 3rd and 2 with 2:43 left, the Jets get the ball back with ample time to score. IF. But Revis got beat. And Buffalo exploited him when they needed it most. End of story.

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Who's to say he would have caught it if it was on target? Sammy had a few drops yesterday. Revis also made a play on the ball.

Sure he got beat down the field, he's a 30 year old CB, but his closing speed is still the same as it was years ago.