Is Kevin Greene this teams future Head Coach in waiting?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Jul 15, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

and why don't you poll the other 31 teams ans and see how many would have killed to have our defense that year.

tbruner12 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So you are done attempting any sort of logical response?
    Listen, they did not give up a lot of yards but when you put the whole puzzle together you see what the truth is, no turnovers, bad 3rd percentage, lots of big plays,lots of points against. It's not just one star that tells the story.
    Junc once told me Sanchez was a top 10 qb in 2010 because we finished with a top 10 record. You are arguing the same illogical stance

101GangGreen101 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Like I said 2011 to 2014, Rex did not have a top 10 defense. You are actually the one trying to skew #s into thinking Rex had a top 10 defense every year. Your last sentence was hypothetical and carries 0 value in this argument.

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

that was my only comment. and everyone started making shit up and twisting numbers. I'm sorry but if they didn't get "stops" they would have let up a lot more yards then they did. and a lot more points. All i said was "under ex we always had a top 5 ranked defense" so yah I should have said top 6 but that statement is true. whether you personally feel we didn't deserve that ranking makes no difference. as far as the NFL is concerned when rex coached the jets they were never ranked below 6th in defense.

5. GasedAndConfused

turnovers don't mean everything. like i pointed out revis had 1 INT one season and was 1st tram all pro. he didn't let up jack shit for yards, shut down other WRS and QBs refused to test him. but according to you he sucked cause 1 INT lol. i don't care what junc said, obviously thats a dumb statement to compare 1 players success with the teams. it's apples and oranges and you just keep reaching and looking worse and worse

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

as far as the NFL is concerned, he did

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Again latching on to 1 stat, stop looking at the stats individually, I mentioned more than one stat. All the different stats together tell the whole story. They were not a good d.

8. 101GangGreen101

I didn't know the NFL was a person? Does this "NFL" person skew stats like you do? This would also be false and pure speculation.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Guys, you're right, of course, but you're wasting your time. His head is as think as junc's and he's just as irrational.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

you mean exactly what you are doing?
    Get mad at them. it is what it is. remember when people said QBR was a bs stat and espn starting keeping their own scale of total QBR lol. the numbers are what they are and yards is how the NFL ranks defenses. same with RBs. if a RB runs for 1800 yards and wins the rushing title but only ran for 4YPC he is sitll the rushing leader period. doesn't matter that other players have a higher YPC. sure it doesn't make him the best, but that's the way the cookie crumbles
    LMAO i'm the only one being rational, your all being a bunch of negative nancy's twisting shit. all i said was under rex we always had a top 5 ranked defense. outside of it really being a top 6 ranked defense, that remains true. I never said we had the best or most dominant defense, but it sure as hell wasn't shitty and was well above average, and much better then our defense has been under bowles

11. 101GangGreen101

Again who is them? Why are you still throwing mindless posts? Sounds like you are mad at Bowles and displacing your anger using hypotheticals. Nothing factual

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

I'm not mad at bowles at all. i just said rex runs a better defense then him. the whole point of how this started was i said rex was a good defensive playcaller. and that we always had a top 5 offense with him. that was all. everyone blew it out of proportion. I'm guessing either there are a lot of rex haters, or just angry fans at the disappointing state of the franchise. I'm one of the few who aren't saying the sky is falling and all the bitter fans aren't liking it. that's the simple facts of this whole discussion. half the forums want everyone fired and think we have nothing but trash. and anyone who says otherwise is pretty much attacked with arguments that make them laugh.

13. 101GangGreen101

No you said Rex had a top 10 defense each year. Are you ready to admit you were wrong in that regard?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

except factually and technically I'm correct which is the best kind of correct. since the NFL rates "best defense" based solely on yards they never were below 6.

Same goes with offense. the "best offense" isn't rated by scoring, it's rated by yards. you can have the best offense in the NFL but suck in the red zone and be average in scoring. that's who it works if you don't like it, petition the NFL to change it and if they do I'll come back and amend my words

15. 101GangGreen101

No facts to support your theory? Good job. Thanks for confirming what everyone else thought here.

16. GasedAndConfused

the facts are there. NFL ranks everything on yards. 2014 jest let up the 6th least amount of yards hence ranked top 6. and that was the worse one. the rest of the years we were top 5 and pretty close to number 1. i already stated facts, you just don't accept them. I can't change your mind. if you want to be wrong and stubborn so be it

17. 101GangGreen101

Sadly for you, I already provided better statistics. You lose.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If you want to be factually correct , check out
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=2&role=OPP

You will see exactly how and where the Jets we're ranked by THE NFL.
    just an advanced warning, it is below 6th. And that is courtesy of the NFL. No 3rd party website.

FJF likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Don't you know it was the bad offense that caused the D to give up 14 pass plays over 40 yards, can't you understand it was bad field position that caused the D to only get 6 INTs?

RuJFan likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I forgot Sanchez was playing corner in 14. Lol