Is anyone gonna give them credit?... Some O-Line Luv.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

To that horrible 0-line that looked very impressive?

I.. we, bashed the shit outta these guys and Darnold had time and we ran well.

Pretty bad ass tonight!

twown, Early 80's, Brook! and 14 others like this.
  2. Green4ever

Green4ever New Member

they played great...did not see 175 yards rushing coming and the pass pro was solid all game

Brook!, Dom, Cman68 and 4 others like this.
  3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

they did but the real test will be coming soon with Jax - Bears - Denver - Vikings the Lions are a joke PS we have no pass rush neither

Brook!, Royal Tee, boozer32 and 2 others like this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Ansah was out pretty much the whole game. Not sure if it would have made a substantial impact but the Jets line did well

Brook!, phubbadaman and Royal Tee like this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Great win ,I feel like we finally have the talent to back it up this time.We are low key pretty stacked and have a well rounded roster.The defense looks serious

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ansah wouldn't have made much difference.

Whoever installed the stretch run blocking sure got his job done. [That's also the type of run play Belicheat hates the most.]

Royal Tee and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Word is Jets knew plays based off of hand signals from Detroit sidelines.

8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

It's like Rocky said: It ain't about how you can hit; it's about how hard you can GET hit and keep moving forward. Darnold did that tonight. First play of the night, and we're seeing ghosts of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith. What does he do? Dusts himself off, re-calibrates, and presses on. No look of shell shock or defeat.

Yeah, we beat the shit out of another team that's in rebuild mode. But that's just it; we killed them! In the past, we were either losing to teams of the Lions' caliber, or barely squeaking by. That's a step in the right direction.

Now, I'll add the caveat that I'm ready to say "see you in Atlanta" yet. The defense still showed a lot of holes, and I don't see us holding teams like the Patriots, Jaguars, or Vikings to only 17 points. Darnold is going to have games where he struggles this year, and the team is STILL showing the tendency to start slow and not come alive until after the 1st quarter. I highly doubt we're going to be even close to making the playoffs this year. Time will tell, but with the way we played tonight, I can see 7 or 8 wins this year.

BUT, it looks like we're moving in the right direction. Darnold seems to have the mental and physical tools to be a successful QB, and the defense is a top pass rushing LB away from being an elite unit. If Bowles can just figure out how to start the game firing on all cylinders, we'll be good to go.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

The O line should only improve barring any injury

They did the job opening some holes, and Sam is so poised he doesn’t need perfect protection.

Props

Royal Tee likes this.
  10. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

To be fair, "hole" should be the name of Patricia's defense. I don't know how he held on to his job so long in NE. As soon as he left, the Patriots defense is looking solid again. No run defense, no pass defense and terrible special teams defense. Patricia has already worked his magic on the team.

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

the robby anderson TD looked like the dallas cowboys O Line lol

Royal Tee likes this.
  12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

They did really well, particularly in the run game which was a concern. However, I thought they looked a bit shaky early on when Ansah was in the game so I'm going to be a little cautious about the pass pro until it is demonstrated a bit more consistently. They were very good once Ziggy was out of the game though so I'm cautiously optimistic.

NCJetsfan, Cman68 and Royal Tee like this.
  13. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Did you watch Packers vs Bears. That game should prove the difference a qb makes. The GB was like night and fmday without Rogers.
    So to say Detroit is rebuilding...idk...Stafford is supposed to be top 5. Jets made him look like Heckenburg.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They had their ups and downs last night. Thank goodness the downs came first! Now lets see them repeat next week against Miami. Considering they will face The Mack this year, they had better get their shit together PDQ.

15. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

I’m going to savor this win!

Early 80's likes this.
  16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

alot of good but also alot of not so good that gets over looked or covered up in a blowout win. great to see sam bounce back from the worst possible start. we wont force 5 turnovers every game and with tge dolphins next week super important not to have a hangover or read our own headlines from this week.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Wanted to bump this. Why disclose this? Now the opportunity to catch signs again is gone.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Don't make me be negative today. The O-oline did not look impressive, Darnold just got out of the pocket quickly so you didn't see it collapse. Because he is able to run out to either the left or the right and still be successful, the D had so spread out to attack the whole backfield. With the D spread out, it was easy to outnumber defenders at given spot and create running lanes.

Props to Powell on picking up a couple of free pass rushers and giving Sam some time, though. That's the kind of thing that makes a ton of difference.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Uh...
    Bilal avg 5.0 ypc.
    Crowell avg. 4.5 ypc and that's after subtracting the 62yd TD that would make it 10.o ypc.
    & we had 2 rushing TD's and there were times Darnold had allll day to throw especially on 3rd down.

Yea, Darnold was sacked twice after holding on to the ball too long and on one gave up a sack on a 3 man rush.
    I'm not saying we have the 90's Cowboys line but for all the shit we've given them they kicked ass.

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The only time I saw them struggle a little bit was with the empty backfield set. It’s so predictable that a good Dline can pin their ears back and get to the QB much faster.

Jets seemed to have the upper hand every time Darnold was under center or they had a RB in the backfield with him.