Is anyone gonna give them credit?... Some O-Line Luv.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Sep 10, 2018.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

300+ yds. rushing behind this OL?

Von Miller and Chubb probably got in around 9:00 a.m 'last night' ...... talk about a fugazi...

[​IMG]

2. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Agree Let’s see those guys do it back to back Sundays ... we could make an argument to give them a pass after Monday and Thursday night games within that first 4 weeks .... still #1 priority has to be fix the O-line in the off season... we got to protect Sam!!

ColoradoContrails and Hayden like this.
  3. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Yes sir and after a short week playing Monday night it’s my understanding the Broncos arrived at 5 PM yesterday afternoon for today’s game

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Great game by the o-line. Gave good pass protection and 300+ rushing yards. Its like twilight zone, but it was great.

Harpua likes this.
  5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I am not saying this unit is good all of a sudden, but they did just install an new zone blocking scheme. Hopefully they are starting gel, but we got to give it time.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think Vance Joseph's days in Denver are numbered. Bad decision to fly them in so late before the game, especially on a short week.

jetstopgun likes this.
  7. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Echoing pretty much everyone else here.

OL looked great; Still think we need to upgrade it long-term. Can't really argue with 300+ rushing yards. They opened up some insane holes up the middle too. Only bad spot were the bad snaps from Long.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This thread is not going to age well.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know. All these drive-killing high snaps made me cringe all game long. [That means YOU, Spencer Long.]

Cman68 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Impossible. So many "experts" (posters) here claimed that the line would be no better by the end of the season than they would be at the beginning. They dismissed the idea of the line needing time to gel.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets might need to get a new C, move Long to LG and get a new LT. Winters was a beast yesterday.

mrjet80 likes this.
  12. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The Oline played great against Detroit and Denver and both games the team played great

My issue is I know we probably will need to upgrade the Oline in the off-season, but as of now who stays and who goes? It’s not like in years past where there was a Wayne Hunter or Vlad Ducasse

It’s hard to tell who isn’t doing their job or are all 5 inconsistent/average so far?

I guess we can check out the Pro Football Focus stats eventually but I’m not really seeing any standouts one way or the other just from watching the games

13. 101GangGreen101

Carpenter (doesn't fit scheme) and Beachum (unreliable from game to game) need to be replaced. Shell has proven that he's a long-term answer at RT, Winters is rounding back to form and Long is a good pass protector.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I watched the highlights - Darnold's lone INT is not his fault, I realized. Beachum was beaten, and Shane Ray was crashing in to the backfield when Sam threw the ball. Ray tipped the ball, and it was intercepted consequently.

FJF likes this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Realistically I think we can only replace 2 of those positions max. I am not sure there are any left tackles head and shoulders better than Beachum in free agency. Carpenters most likely a goner of the bunch.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

There was a lot of tipped passes in that game, I think there was 4. Best thing about Darnold is he learns from those experiences. Hopefully he see improvement on that next week.

FJF likes this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The d line got their hands on 3 balls yesterday. Both tackles have to do better to stay engaged and not let their man get hands up on quick passes

18. 101GangGreen101

LT will need to be found in the draft cause I don't see any available via FA that are worth a damn. Been watching a lot of Ole Miss football this year cause of 2 prospects, Greg Little (LT) and AJ Brown (WR). Check out Greg Little. Carpenter should be cut for sure, he doesn't fit the zone blocking scheme.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think Carpenter will definitely be a goner. Winters and Shell are pretty safe, but they could easily be upgraded.

I don't think there will be any FA LTs better than Beacham. There could be 2-4 really good edge rushers in FA. That's why I think we practically have to use our #1 pick on our future LT if there's one there.

There's a chance that Ali Marpet could hit FA, and he is better than either Carpenter at OG or Long at C. I'd love for the Jets to sign him. There's also a possibility that AJ Cann could become a FA, but I bet the Jags re-sign him. Trey Hopkins and Marcus Martin are depth possibilities.

There could be 2-3 FA RTs who might be better than Shell.

IMO a perfect scenario would be for the Jets to sign Marpet and one of Ja'Wuan James, Bobby Hart, Cedric Ogbuehi, Jamon Brown and Daryl Williams in FA, use their #1 pick on their future LT, then draft another LT, C or OG in the 3rd round.

That would give us Beacham or preferably, the rookie at LT, Marpet at LG, Long at C, Winters at RG, and Shell/James/Hart/Ogbuehi/Brown/Williams at RT. The depth at RT would be improved. If they retained Beacham to start or push the rookie and be depth for a season, they'd have improved the depth at both OT spots. It's just a shame that Mac didn't sign one of the better, more expensive FA Cs in this past offseason instead of Long.

They may decide that Beacham is too expensive to keep as depth. If Winters has a bad year, he could be cut prior to June 1 with no dead money hit and a $6.5 million cap savings.

King Koopa and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying this all along . Long is really better suited for guard ...