Interesting Draft possability.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by villano5, Apr 18, 2018.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Quit your crying and just don’t watch! Lol

By the way, F’n love your username. Breaking Bad is the greatest TV series I have ever watched in my opinion.

Walt White likes this.
  2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Me too. I was coming off surgery and happened to catch the first episode. I recorded every one after and never missed it. It was some ride.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Do people still not know there is a draft forum on this board?

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

As I said, I recognize the reasoning, it’s simply nonsensical.

No team is questioning whether he is a top QB prospect that almost every team in the the draft would want if given the opportunity. The Pats expressing interest in him is what you’d expect from any team because he would be a great pick for them if he fell to them. Nothing about a team in the bottom of the draft, who has no chance to trade up to get him or is even attempting to do so, would cause another team to want that player any more than they already do. Teams panic and make trades when they fear another team is going to get the player they want (like the Jets did).

This is just fan insecurity contriving reasons to worry and then trying to justify that fear as if it is a plausible scenario.

#65 JetBlue, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

All right, you're spinning now. You said it was a giant FU to the fans. And o matter what you think there is a reason why ad time, etc is more expensive at prime time. Forget it, it's not that important

7. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I'd personally liken it to a popular restaurant that had nice spacious comfy chairs and tables (Saturday), shifting to smaller less comfortable versions (Thursday) to fit more people in. More people get to enjoy the food (i.e. the draft), but the overall experience isn't as good as it used to be. Older patrons would see it as a downgrade.

I selfishly wish the draft was on a Friday night or Saturday. Thursday night is a Friday afternoon here, so work makes it tough to catch.

8. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

You think the Baker stuff is all smokescreens? Could be. Btw I hardly think allen is in that 3 over darnold. Its darnold, baker, Rosen in some order.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hard to say. I don't think Baker is a smoke screen, but they sure have been super silent on Darnold and Allen and that is troublesome. Silence in the draft game tends to indicate the opposite to me.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  10. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

They started off the draft process as supposedly the team that was all in on Allen. This was during th season. Then kind went to Rosen then to baker. Never darnold bc they figured he wouldn't be there. Really can't believe anything this time of year but I almost think there's too much smoke here.

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Macc would have his own section in that video.

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah never understood the Thursday move. People have to work all day and then wait around for these prima donnas to hug their momma, then their baby momma, then all the other draft attendees in the green room. When it was on Saturday and Sunday I was off work and drunk both days 3 hours into it.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

It is an FU to the fans. I already said that. That guy is in the minority if he defends Goodell and the NFL.

Having said that, you seem to think that I should get back on the soap box to defend myself. I don’t care what he thinks. He can have his opinion. It doesn’t bother me.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I go by what I don't hear. So based on that, the Browns will take Rosen, the Giants will take Darnold and the Jets will take Allen. Not wishing any of this, but that's how the draft goes. Its what you don't hear that matters. I hope its Allen, Barkley and whoever Mac loves the most.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Not for nothing, but this is the perfect time to be having these discussions here since this is what is happening to the team today. Right now the draft forum is the place for future draft pick discussion. It isn't like we are talking about Jake Fromm.

LF911SC and PennyandtheJets like this.