Interested in Nick Foles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Nov 4, 2014.

1. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Can this thread be taken down for lack of having common sense?

Nick Foles is a product of chip Kelly's offense and nothing more! If he came to New York he would be geno 2.0 except with less mobility and less arm strength! This will be proven if chip Kelly's offense has mark Sanchez looking like a pro bowl franchise qb in the coming weeks! The jets brass has to stay away from foles but then again woody Johnson has morons in place to make football decisions that know nothing about evaluating football talent...

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep. Kelly may be able to back it up, but he does seem to have a huge ego.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The last thing I want is another QB that got outplayed in camp by Mark Sanchez.

legler82 and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Foles is a proven NFL QB. If we can get him you don't pass that up.

Jets69 and jetlife21 like this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

When did this come out, after Foles was injured?

6. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

So you'd rather take a injured QB who may or may not be a product of Chip Kelly who will cost us a draft pick than draft a QB? That makes no sense to me.

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The assumption being that Mark will beat out Foles. He had a decent game on Sunday. So his fans are jumping the cart before the horse. Mark gets his chance and we'll see how well he does. If he bombs I'm sure there will be a ton of ready made excuses.

Jake and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Wait, do people really think Mark is going to do anything more with this opportunity than he did when he was here? I watched quite a bit of that game (thanks RedZone, for taking me away from the jets slaughter), and I he didn't look any different at all to me from the time he was here. He could throw a nice deep ball, but every pass that wasn't a deep ball was behind the receiver and at shoe lace height when it got to them--just like when he was here. If he's successful, it will because more guys can get open deep, and that's about it.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Mr. Matthews calls bullshit, and calls you either blind or stupid or both.

And Mr. McCoy agrees with Mr. Matthews.

legler82 and Jets69 like this.
  10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look you have to give Mark somewhat of a pass because he hasn't played in a year. We all know about his inaccuracy and overthrowing receivers. I didn't see the game but give him a lot of credit for getting the W and throwing two TD passes. The Eagles are 6-2 and did not get good play out of the Qb position under Foles. If the team can continue at this pace then Mark has done a good job in taking the team to the playoffs. If they start to lose then he has to take a lot of the responsibility. A great opportunity for him and his career. But if he plays poorly I'm sure his fans will blame everybody but him.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad that you didn't watch the game. He didn't either. [And he had the nerve to spew out bullshit - which you didn't. Kudos to you for that.]

Jets69 likes this.
  12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

There was almost no chatter about Mark this season until this past Sunday. And now just because he had a few good quarters the flood gates have reopened. Part of this is our own situation which is worse than when Mark Sanchez was here. To me BOL Mark but don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm glad you're with Philadelphia. You're a good guy and you're in a better place. We'll see how well you do. We'll all be glued to the TV set on Monday night. So if he does well don't say that the Jets "ruined" him. And if he does poorly the same goes. It's strictly on him. His team has a 6-2 record. It's expected they make the playoffs.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

A product of an offense? This is not college it is the NFL. Foles is what he is a decent average QB with good accuracy and can read a defense. Will he be successful with the Jets that is a different story.

I believe Sanchez is a better QB than Foles and will be shown in the upcoming weeks. I may also be proven wrong but if Sanchez plays well he will be hard to pull in playoff seeing he is one of the more successful playoff Qbs of all time.

Jets69 likes this.
  14. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

The question is what type of contract would Foles be looking at?
    I wouldn't mind bringing him in but not if we'd be risking a lot of money.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What? If he plays well not just Monday but the remainder of the year it will show that the Jets and and a lot of this fan base are completely clueless. If he falls on his face a lot of you will be proven right but thus far Sanchez 1- Sanchez just sucks crowd Zero

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'd take Foles. I think he makes better decisions (remember all of the red zone turnovers) and can deal with a pass rush better than Mark. This time you can't blame the OC or coaching staff like some of you did with the Jets. Chip Kelly is a great offense minded coach. So cross that one off the list.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Foles is proven, Mariota and Winston etc are unproven. Knowing the Jets history with drafting QB's and developing them I'd take my chances on the proven commodity.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I would take Mariota. But not to start his rookie season. Two times the Jets have done that and two times it didn't work out.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Except he showed he can play in Morningwoods offense before Chip arrived.....

20. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

The premise of acquiring Foles is based in the Eagles trading him to start Sanchez next year. Mark Sanchez is the upgrade over your "proven" commodity in that scenario.