Interested in Nick Foles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd take Foles at this point. You telling me he's worse than Geno?? Vick could be a good stopgap but he's a bandaid.

NYJetsO12 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

As big of a Mariota fan as I am, and as a staunch Sanchez defender, if we have any shot at Foles we'd be fucking idiots not to RUN and get him.

Then yeah, take Cooper or Oline with our pick.

Absolutely would love Foles.

_

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Nice. I thought JStokes and I were going to battle all the way from now through the draft, but we found some tiny chuck of common ground. Gives me hope for the whole rattled fanbase.

I am a big Cooper fan, but with Decker, Harvin, and Kerley on board, and an experienced QB under center, I think Oline is the way to go with the first pick.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Okay - I admit I made a joke on this issue with Sanchez - but I will get serious.

If they bring in Foles, with an intention to draft another rookie QB in the coming draft [or next], I will be on board for sure.

Foles for the future? Fuck that.

5. JStokes

You realize we're probably not getting Foles so I'm back staunchly in the Mariota camp :D

_

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

[​IMG]

Real talk though if we get Foles (or a vet), I don't care if it's Mariota, Cooper or an offensive lineman. If it IS Mariota, he can sit for a year and develop properly. I would be very happy with that.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. JStokes

Nick Foles is 25 and only been in the league 3 years.

As much as I love Mariota, I don't think you're drafting him if you snag Foles. He's your franchise QB.

Cooper or Oline.

I just don't think we're getting Foles.

_

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don't get why so many people are operating under the belief that Sanchez is better than Foles. He's played 1 game for that team, in which he threw 2 interceptions in a half.

Also, we've been having issues with ball security from the quarterback position for years now. Can we step back and appreciate that this dude threw 2 picks a year ago? (albeit in 13 games played) That's a far cry from the 20, 13, 18, 18, 21 in the last 5 years and who knows how many this year. Foles took over Vick's offense last year and made it looks way better simply by making smart decisions. He would be replacing Vick again here, and with guys like Harvin, Decker, Kerley, Amaro and Ivory I don't doubt that he can at least manage a game, which is way better than what we've been getting.

NYJetsO12 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  9. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Yes, and I realize there's a good chance we end up drafting Mariota, and then he'll make a believer out of me....but I'm not ready to admit that publicly just yet, so don't tell anybody.

10. 101GangGreen101

Here's a scenario that happened in the past. Drew Brees was 27 yrs old when he left the Chargers to go to the Saints via FA. Say the Jets draft Mariota and the Jets were impressed by Mariota's progression throughout the season, then you go ahead and trade Foles to the NFC in the off-season. Our scenario would be different then the Chargers scenario who drafted both QBs ... Foles is a pipe-dream at best I agree, but could we apply this to a Brian Hoyer or Sam Bradford as well?

I just want the BPA at our pick whomever that is, I will be on board.

11. JStokes

Caveat.

I'm not giving up my first or second rounder for Foles.

If that's the price I'm going Mariota.

_

12. JStokes

If we go Bradford or Hoyer than I absolutely want to draft Mariota.

If we snag Foles, he's your franchise guy and you don't use a 1 on Mariota.

_

13. 101GangGreen101

Depends how you acquire Foles AND if you give him an extension right off the bat. Also consider the draft order. Jets have to have an open mind in regards to the QB position. Have to explore all options this off-season. We all want the QB situation to be taken care of. I REALLY like Foles, but I just don't know if I view him as a franchise QB just yet. Does he fall off like a Matt Schaub? Schaub was good for a while as well.

Foles + Cooper + Decker + Harvin + new coaching staff could yield some good results. We'll have to see. I just want this freaking season to end already and move on.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

nah, lets trade our first for Colin kaepernick instead.

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Okay I was just joking about that, but now that i think about it…. huh… could that work?:confused:

NAW, they wouldn't get rid of their franchise QB… right?

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I haven't seen much play from Foles but from what I have seen he's looked pretty good. Much better then what we've had here for awhile.

He killed it last year, 27 touchdowns to 2 Interceptions? Those are ridiculous numbers that we haven't seen from a QB for us in uh... ever.

He hasn't been as good this year but still has been good overall... Don't know why the eagles soured on him but if we had a chance at him I would def consider doing it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

If Sanchez plays well the rest of the season he will be the best vet QB available next off season...Jets will need a QB.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look if Mark is lights out with the Eagles he'll win the starting job for next season and Foles will be expendable. Of course Sanchez was a much bigger prospect coming out of college than Nick. Forget about the idea of not losing your job due to an injury. I could see them trading Foles, they're not going to want to pay two starters. But that's a big if. If Mark sucks he's the one who will be out of a job.

19. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

They would have to compete with every other team in the NFL looking for a vet QB to sign him though since he is only on a 1 year deal.

20. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Don't you guys get tired of sifting through every other teams refuse bin looking for starters? Draft a QB in the first. Fuck this shit.