Interested in Nick Foles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Trading for Foles would be Neil O'Donnell 2.0 - taking on a guy who won an AFC Championship but who was slightly above average thinking he could carry the Jets on his back. What Foles did yesterday was amazing, and proves his moxie and his ability to make plays on a big stage, BUT he's on a team that's SO much better than the Jets, with a CS that puts Bowles & Co. to shame. The Eagles OL may be the best in the NFL, and compared to the Jets OL that's among the worst. Foles would never achieve anything like the success he's had with the Eagles.

If they could get him relatively cheap, okay, worth it, but that's a complete fantasy now. I won't engage in any 20-20 hindsight and say the Jets should've signed him last year - yeah they should have, but I didn't call for it then, and I don't remember many here calling for it either. Now Philly will charge a king's ransom for him, and at that price with the reality of the Jets roster and CS, it's not worth it.

NCJetsfan, RPOZ51, Royal Tee and 2 others like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Funny thing is as good as the eagles defense was all season long, brady did shred them. they also had 0 sacks in the game all the way until that strip sack in the final minute. Also NE did not punt even 1 time. The pats had 0 sacks the entire game as well.

blackssmagic likes this.
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I think I suggested trading for Foles this past season, but now that I think of it, that is not going to work.

Specifically:

1. Jets need OL. Good one, that is. Currently Jets OL sucks hard.
    2. Jets need a TE. A good one. ASJ is halfway decent, maybe good #2 option - tops.
    3. They need a bell cow at RB position. McGuire can't handle that. Forte is as good as gone.
    4. WR, while decent, could use some major upgrade. [And cut that sack of shit Anderson.]

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Which is a huge upgrade over the trash we have now. Huge!!!!!!

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would trade a 1 & 3 for Foles. Its not like our drafts have been stellar. Mac would just mess up the picks anyway. You would be getting a SB winning QB. Not like a lot of them hit the streets. Oh and he beat Brady.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. The guy who just won the Superbowl, the guy who beat Bill Bellicheck on the biggest stage isn't good enough to trade a lousy second round pick for but we should use the sixth overall pick on some unproven kid with zero NFL experience?

If we had the first or maybe even the second pick perhaps the draft is the right answer. With five other teams ahead of us in line perhaps we should give the Eagles a call.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I say no just because of the price tag the Eagles are likely gonna want.We would have to give up alot and I rather sign Cousins in free agency and not trade anyone unless it's Wilkerson.

FlaJet likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Foles is going to go for a 2nd or 3rd round pick if the Eagles trade him. It's obvious that he's a talented QB in a specific system but nobody runs that system in the NFL unless they're Chip Kelly in his first season in the NFL or Doug Pederson knowing he has to get a great game out of Foles if he's going to beat Brady in the Super Bowl.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, it's not that anyone's saying he isn;t good enough or much better than what we have or might draft. The problem is what he would cost, and the situation he'd be put in. In case you didn't notice, there's a slight difference in talent between the Eagles and the Jets.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know about that.

Specifically:

Foles first played under Andy Reid's WCO. He was pretty good in that. His Kelly years come after that. [He was pretty good in that setting too.]

Then he sucked for a while, thanks to Jeff Fisher. [But then I can't blame that on Foles, as Fisher is NFL version of Midas, touching every gold into stone.]

He went back to KC under Reid, and did very well. Then he signed with the Eagles. He did play RPO system this year, but it is his first year doing that. To call him 'System' QB is quite a bit misleading.

TonyFtLaud, FJF and MoWilkBeast like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Yes but not for stupid money.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'd rather see the Jets bring in Foles than Kirk Cousins.

Foles has done some remarkable things in his career much more than Cousins. JMO

If they can get him for a second or third round pick and a salary between $15-$20 million per year I say go get him.

boozer32 likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Is that based on the stellar job he's done bringing along Hackenberg and Petty?

boozer32 likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You guys are still running with a two week old rumor regarding the OC position? It seems like a guy currently on the staff would be pretty easy to get a contract done with...unless he's gone walkabout again.

15. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

It's worse than that. Getting pissed, rightfully so, with 3 straight passes from the goal line is now he wants to run the ball on every play. Or better yet, run to the WC. Lol

16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

One thing the Eagles D was susceptible to all year was the deep ball and they did exploit that.

Eagles O line just blew up the Patriots D. Eagles pretty much ran it at will. Averaged 6.1 yards a carry. Bullied them

NE got a very lucky INT I recall late in the 2nd in a ball Jeffery should have hauled in. Philly should've won this one by two scores

Also let's not forget Philly had the flu so maybe that had something to do with their defense getting shredded so badly

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

That's harsh. It was basically a jump ball.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  18. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

watching that play again it was a bit of a jump ball. But it also was pass interference. Jeffery went for the ball with his right hand because his left arm was being totally hooked. Then as he fell backwards he deflected it up again for a lucky INT

That was PI

boozer32 likes this.
  19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Look at the Reg Season Stats....Is he really that much better than last years McCown? I mean, since we're only looking at recent events.
    2017: 5TD - 2INT - 56%Comp - 79.5QR

Enough to throw a bank at?

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Build a better OL, and bulldog RB and a recieving RB will tremendously help an avg QB.

Build and improve the OL,and QB will come.

Foles was superb and was so happy with somebody finally beating NE at their game. While I like Foles, I think he peaked and second let’s not do too crazy overpaying the guy with picks especially he has said he wants to retire soon.