Inside Giants draft thinking, which is leaning away from a Quarterback benefits Jets.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Mar 21, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The window isn't open. Eli is decaying. They are far far behind Dallas and Philly in terms of organizational talent including front office. Not taking a QB and next year the stumble around to 6-10 and then they will have no choice but a full painful rebuild.

Eli is not lucking into another Super Bowl. Their defense is atrocious. Beckham an unfocused self destructive maniac

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Once you're up at 2 it'll be Rosen. Bills love Allen and would jump up a bunch of slots to get him. But if they make the big leap to 2 they are taking Rosen. Which means we take Mayfield.

3. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Maybe they can best Dallas, but they are way behind Philly. I'd say they're also well behind Minny and a number of other NFC teams. While they could get lucky & sneak in as a wild card, I don't see them passing on a QB, unless...they're getting a 2019 1st among other things, for trading back. Buffalo becomes intriguing, because they have the potential to be terrible in 2019. Given our overpay, you'd have to figure at a minimum, the Giants would be seeking 2 1sts, a 2nd & a 3rd this year & a 1st and 2nd next year to move down to 12. The key is if they think the picks they acquire can get them high enough in 2019 to land a QB without tanking themseleves.

nicg4360 likes this.
  4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

He didn't give any details as to who it's for, but the rumor is it would be for Rosen.