Inside Giants draft thinking, which is leaning away from a Quarterback benefits Jets.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Mar 21, 2018.

1. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

i think the giants will draft a QB this is just smokescreens

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

It is possible. If you assume Cleveland wants Barkley, and you want a QB, it makes sense to bluff Barkley hoping they'll go Barkley 1st an QB 4th. The problem with that bluff is the Jets sit at 3.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Heh..this would not be good news it would be GREAT NEWS..

They have Eli the Old with a couple of years in the tank..so perhaps the pressure for a QB is not as intense ..and that to me is the gist of their thinking..but to tell me "Gettleman must have a future HOF QB" ..well good luck with that philosophy ..No one worthy out of these 4 for the Giants.??? .this is just complete SMOKE Or TOTAL ARROGANCE

OTH If the Maras want a SB tomorrow they draft Saquon and don't look back

The Browns are in the same hole as the Jets ..bluff or no bluff Dorsey is grabbing a QB at 1

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And I read a different article this morning saying they(Giants) are taking Rosen.

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I don't see a chance that the Giants don't take a QB. They won't be in the Top 5 drafting again for a while, and this is their change to get Eli's successor.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I believe this, the Giants don’t take a QB and I think the Jets feel this way too. I do think it’s possible the Broncos move to 2 for a QB but I’m not convinced they go all in for a QB either.

Both the Giants and Broncos are teams that see a small window open and want to win now. They will both be in position to take an impact player that helps them immediately and both have options at QB for immediate future and both have young talent at the position behind them that they haven’t given up on, possibly less so with Lynch.

Wouldn’t it be something if Barkley goes 1 & Chubb goes 2? That I find highly unlikely but it really wouldn’t be stupid of the Browns if they also have 3 QBs graded highly.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If Cleveland takes Barkley #1, then Dorsey's not nearly as smart as I thought he was. The same goes for the Giants at #2.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The flip side to this is they’re drafting high in the 2nd and can take the best of the rest who would need some seasoning before they are ready to play. Giants walking away with a Barkley/falk,Rudolph/Jackson combo satisfies both present and future .

HAYN and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I keep hearing this argument repeated all over the place. You don't draft a QB just for the sake of drafting one because you are near the top of the draft. They could be back in the top 5, two years from now, you never know. I think the only chance they MIGHT go QB is if the Browns take Barkley at 1, but I don't see that happening.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

This is the best QB class since at least 2012 when Luck came out. If you see a guy that can replace Eli in the next few years, you gotta take him. Falk/Rudolph aint it.. In that case they might as well see what Davis Webb has.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You keep hearing that argument because it is the thing that makes the most sense.

With regards to the bolded sentence, that's nonsense. NFL teams take QBs every year hoping that they can coach them up, develop them, and get a better QB than they have.

Unless their team is a lot worse than I think, they are not gonna be back drafting in the top 5 in a year or two from now, particularly if they were to draft Barkley and fix their OL.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think they will take Rosen or Barkley if they keep the pick. I doubt they keep it though... they are going to get a kings ransom from somebody

13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I wonder now that they've traded Jason Pierre-Paul if Bradley Chubb is on their minds? You know how the Giants love pass rushers.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think Chubb was always on their mind. It’s gonna come down to BPA or positional value for them at 2.

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Just an FYI, but gettleman has a history of reaching for players he likes. They could wind up taking someone we aren't talking about. He also took a RB 7th overall last year. I'm leaning towards barkley being their pick

16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I really wish they would pass on a QB because I believe the draft will go Darnold, Rosen... Josh Allen to the Jets otherwise. But I just can't see that happening.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

gettleman is a wildcard. no idea what he's thinking. he goes against conventional wisdom all the time and has no issue reaching for people he really likes. he's also drafted pretty poorly historically (you think mac is bad? look at gettlemans drafts)

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Have to take this for what it's worth, even I don't believe it fully, but according to a friend of mine who has a close friend inside the Bills organization, the Bills and Giants are talking trade. Supposedly right now Buffalo is trying to package DE Shaq Lawson, their 2 first round picks, one of their 2nd round picks, one of their 3rd round picks and a 2nd round pick in 2019 to move up to #2.

19. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Please say for Josh Allen