I'm not convinced the guy tripped the Dolphins player (Suspended W/O Pay For Season)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaZeus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

lol he is an embarrasment...who saw him do the santonio holmes celebration where he acts like a plane.

Crowder decides to do it after he makes a tackle haha

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

He needs his ass kicked.

3. Daphins

Daphins New Member

How many times have you seen a player run out of bounds and have had someone lean into him?

I mean really? You're questioning how far out of bounds he was rather than the fact that a jackass on the sideline very obviously leaned into him? I've seen players run into opposing benches and groups of opposing players and they get out of the way. They don't lean into a guy running full speed down the field. It was a cheap shot even by Bellicehat's standards. Not to say that it reflects on the entire organization, but trying to rationalize it is really lame.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Lol are you trying to mess with me or being sarcastic. I never rewatched the vid of it just saw it live but to me it really didnt look like he was trying to trip him. In a day when theres 1000 cameras on you no one is stupid enough to lose their job over that.

5. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

I think Crowder was referring to the Dolphins defense whipping the Jets offense pretty good.

But that guy is as dumb as a box of rocks.

6. Daphins

Daphins New Member

Dude I have a SWEETass bridge to sell you in England. It's made of cobble stone, crosses a REALLY important river. Been in the family for years...there's no paper title..that's just how they do things over there. You can wire me the money.

While we're at it, I'll get you in touch with my African friend. He was a prince, but due to political unrest he needs help getting his money out of the country. He'll contact you with more of the deals, but it seem's your a prime candidate to help him...

7. jb944

jb944 Banned

like santurdio does his little celebration after a 5 yd catch

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

They cheaters..they talk junk and all that

It's sad that somebody that stupid is that rich

9. Milliner is your Mommy

I take it back I rewatched it and its obvious he lifts his foot. I couldnt tell on tv. Guys an idiot and will probably lose his job and get fined.

10. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

I can't believe everyone talking about how he was out of bounds. It doesn't matter. If the Dolphins player goes out of bounds and the entire bench jumped on the player and started beating the shit out of him, would you justify it by saying "well he ran out of bounds!" The move was classless and the guy should be fired.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

No he only does it when he scores a td. His first down celebration is when he drops the ball with his arm out.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I am being completely serious. He obviously stuck he knee out. It's indefensible. If this happened to a Jets player we'd all be going nuts.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Channing Crowder is a fucking idiot. I don't care how much money he has, I still wouldn't want to switch places with him because I would never want to be that much of a clueless retard. Also he plays for the gayest team in the NFL.

14. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I don't condone what the guy did, but you act as if this is the first time something like this has ever happened. Crap like this happens much more often then you think, the only difference is somebody actually got hurt. I've heard plenty of announcers and former players before state that when they played the game, there would be players on the sideline stick their foot out if the gunner went too far outside.

15. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

Jets are confirming it was strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I've been watching football since 1986 and have never seen this happen. Please point out another incident where this occurred.

17. jb944

jb944 Banned

whats his celebration when he drops one of his many passes or when he cost you a game like today with a easy td. thats the i will laugh on the sideline celebration

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I think you are supposed to run in bounds.

19. jb944

jb944 Banned

jets will have a choice fire him or goodell will take it into his hands

20. ghettojetsfan

ghettojetsfan Banned

UPDATE: The Jets recently confirmed that the tripper was the team’s head strength and conditioning coach, Sal Alosi. Via Newsday’s Bob Glauber, a release is out saying that “The [Jets are] reviewing the situation and looking into the appropriate next steps.” So Alosi’s status is up in the air, but we’d advise him to have his resume at the ready at this point.

The rest of the original post is below.

Earlier in today’s Jets-Dolphins game, a furor erupted when Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll got hurt on a kickoff return when tripping up on the Jets’ sideline. The reason for the outrage: many thought that a Jets staff member standing on the sideline tripped Carroll intentionally. You can watch the video above and decide for yourself whether or not you think there was intent to harm.

The announcer, clearly, wasted no time at all to pass judgment:

“Well, this is just uncalled for in the NFL. Watch the knee here, being stuck out on purpose to trip up Nolan Carroll.”

From my vantage point, the video is inconclusive. Carroll certainly looks like he got tripped up by the Jets staffer, but whether or not it was intentional is up for debate. The knee moves out – but not quite enough to say for certain there was intent to harm. Still, intentional or not, this was very poor timing by the Jets staffer at best, and if the team concludes the tripping was intentional – and maybe even if they don’t – his job status is very much up in the air.