If you want to see a real coach.....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Sep 6, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But but but philly special bro

LF911SC and GasedAndConfused like this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Please stop..there were plenty on this board calling for us hiring Dan Quinn before Bowles won the lottery

Quinn has taken the Falcons to several winning seasons playoff appearances and a SB

Pederson saw his FQB go down and managed to position Nick Fowles , a journeyman at best, to lead a revamped offense to a SB??!!

So gun to your head/hand on a stack a bibles who would you rather have as a HC Toilet Bowles or ONE of these guys??

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Quinn also had one of the biggest collapses in Super bowl history, plus the job came with a top 5 QB already on the roster. Pederson has way more cred than both, but that Eagles team does not make the playoffs without Wentz. I'm definitely not arguing that Bowles is better than them, but he got career years out of Fitzpatrick and McCown with much weaker rosters.

Bowles is over criticized. Jets fans routinely trash him over in game decisions that numerous other coaches get wrong, routinely.

I was merely analyzing Quinn through a Jets fan lens.

#23 Sam Hammer, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Thats good and what a good coach should do, not arguing that. I'm just wondering where the creative aspect of it is. Using RPO, which Collingsworth over blew all night and maybe simplifying the playbook for Foles isnt what I thought he was alluding too

5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree that if we run a few Statue of Liberty plays, a quadruple reverse and maybe a Fumblerooski, things will be fine.

Biggs and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you actually watched the Philadelphia game, their O was awful. Their D on the other hand blew Matt Ryan up. Philadelphia's O started to suck less and resemble a mediocre NFL O when the Atlanta D ran out of gas.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Nah, what we need is cooler names for our plays. A creative coach knows how to name plays so they look like they’re his own.

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The entire league is looking for the next Nick Foles.

I'd love to see Pederson try to run that O witj Hackenberg or Petty as his backup QBs which is what the GM here gave Bowles for depth.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Or without that OLine...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Not saying I want him back but Herm had some masterful clock management in his game yesterday ...

11. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Journeyman at best? You mean a QB whos won before, had the Eagles in the playoffs before his injury threw 27 TDs with only 2 INTs. a couople of years back and only was a 5 year vet. Yeah, shitty resume this journeyman. And to use your line, plenty of Jets fans wanted us to pick him up even before the SB win to be our QB. So whats the point there