If we could have a theganggreen.com combine....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Mar 2, 2006.

1. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Why some posters feel the need to lie on an internet message board is beyond me. You don't need to impress anybody Roger - we'll all like you anyways.....

2. lightning

lightning Active Member

Wow. You guys are lying sacks of poo

3. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Yeah this thread is getting ridiculous. I'm now Totally Addicted!

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

What? 225 is not that much, unless it comes with long hair and boobs.

5. lightning

lightning Active Member

not the 225, i mean the rediculous 40 times

6. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

There are only two people who ran faster than a 4.32 at the combine this year:

Tye Hill Clemson 4.30
    Johnathan Joseph S. Carolina 4.31

I'd be willing to bet that there are fewer than 1000 in the world who have that kind of speed: pretty much all of them being college and professional football players and world class sprinters. To be that fast you not only have to be a physical freak but also need to train constantly to further develop your fast twitch muscle fibers.
    There are 6 billion people in the world so if 600 people can run that fast that makes you a one in ten million case. congratulations.
    2 questions:
    -what happened to your athletic career? clearly you were a dominant WR at the high school and college level. Why no NFL? Or maybe you were undersized or couldn't catch. If so you must have set all kinds of school and state records in the 100m. I'd be curious to hear about it.
    -who timed you in the 40? Of course your time was the average of three professional timers under approved conditions, right? and not a friend with a stopwatch.

Sorry to be skeptical. I just find it a little hard to believe that half the people who posted in this thread can run a sub 4.6 40. Every high school football player in the country (OL aside) has been timed by a friend after practice at that speed. I know plenty of them. If you ever timed them under official conditions like at the combine, they're always going to be .3 or .4 slower.
    There were about 5 kids on my high school football time (graduating class: 45)who thought they had one in a million speed. Add a few tenths of a second to their claimed times and you arrive at the truth: they were pretty good athletes at the small high school or div 3 college level but no more.

7. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Well at least I was being honest with my predicted 5.5 40 :lol:

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

Man when i ran my 4.7 in HS that was considered great in white wall

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I run my fastest when I have a milk bone and my dog is after me.

10. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I am pretty sure Joejets1 and Biggundewayne63 would win the 225 bench. We can both do it around 4-6 times

11. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Maybe things are different now, I don't know, but when I was a HS senior, all the linemen and most of the LB's and RB's lifted 175 in sets of ten. Not everyone could do three sets, but that was the coach's program. Most of us would try lifting more, but not in sets of ten, it was bargging rights for who could lift the most, once. I think I got up to 245 or so. That was on a universal, which is much easier than free weights are. I was 5'9", 193, 32 " waist. Are players smaller than that these days? I thought they would be bigger, and stronger by now.

And no, I could not sniff 175 these days.... I wouldn't even try.

12. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I didn't know Al Gore was a Jets fan :lol:

13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Most people who work out a decent amount can throw up 175 for 3 sets of 10... But most people's reps drop significantly as soon as they pass about 210... Personally, I've been training trying to make the team at the college I am going to next year (D I AA) So I've been working on my 225 reps... Most people work with intermediate weight around 175 though so your high school team just seems like a bunch of regular lifters to me.. Not too serious, but serious enough not to be puny..

14. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

You base this on what, exactly?

15. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again, there are some lying mother fuckers on this board. Softball players in Queens running 4.39 40's???????? You may as well have told me you invented google.com...

16. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

Like i said some of yall some liers.

17. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

I dont know my 40 time but i could put up 225 a good number of times. I play football.

18. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

I graduated two years ago, so I havn't done much of it since then. I'm 5'10" and back then i wieghed about 240, I was built like a tank. For those Ivy league guys, going IVY league doesn't mean shit. I didnt open a single text book during High School and was accepted to both Dartmouth and Williams, however still paying $30,000 a year did not look that appetizing for undergrad work, so I went to a state school on a full scholarship (not hard to do I know). Ivy League isn't difficult if Daddy or Mommy can make a big donation to the school. Anyway, I've taken a wonderlink test in psychology this year and I scored a 44. My senior year I ran a 4.8 40, benched 225 18 times, had a 32 inch verticle leap, my short shuttle was in the mid 7's, and I dont remember my standing long jump, my 3 cone, or my long shuttle. Now I probably couldn't touch those numbers, however, if I trained for a few months like the guys who get invited to the combine do, I could beat them all (my own numbers that is) as I am physically in better shape then I've been in a long time.

#78 YoungJet, Mar 4, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  19. DROB63Cmart28

DROB63Cmart28 Banned

did you play football at all?

20. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Yeah I played until 11th grade, I moved to and my new school didn't have football. This year I'm playing for a semipro team (unpaid).