If we could have a theganggreen.com combine....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Mar 2, 2006.

1. MattMan

MattMan New Member

i could lift 225, no problem

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Funny... some of you think bench pressing 225 in high school is.... hard to do? maybe for the basketball players.....

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i use to run a 4.5 back in HS. havent done much excercise since. probably run like 5.00 40 now

4. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

broad jump, vertical jump = high...basketball player

40, shuttles, etc = decent...basketball player

bench= zero...basketball player that weighs 162

5. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I realize you're only 16, but if you worked out alot and dedicated yourself to that lifestyle, even at your age you'd know that most men can't bench 225 once.

That's not to say that most men couldn't get themselves into that type of shape in a month or so with proper diet and regime, but I'd bet money 7 out of 10 average joe's couldn't jack up 200 pounds once.

6. nightowltom

nightowltom New Member

I think you've got the wrong combine events for a message board. The categories should be spelling, punctuation, grammar, and the one that allows me to go on and on in my long drawn out posts without fading--TYPING SPEED :lol:

7. CMARTFORPREZ

CMARTFORPREZ Member

I can do 225 16 times we do the test every fall

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Man you can't way almost everyone here should be able to do it.....there are probably alot of people here who only weight like 160 or 170, and people who are naturally skinny, or ectomorphs, are just not designed to lift weight like that. You must be a mesomorph, or like a middle-sized person because being able to put up that weight in high school is better than most can do. I know a few guys that couls lift that in high school but they were certainly few and far between.

9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I will put every cent I have on a bet that you cannot do 3 sets of 10 at 300.
    The point of the thread is just for fun by the way. Your Ivy League education certainly gives you an edge but if you look at past Wonderlic scored the Ivy league guys do not necessarily dominate.

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I will give you my official stats ok.
    6 feet 3/4 inches, and when I played footbal in uni I was about 175 and ran a 4.7, and I got 0 reps.....thats about it.
    I never dressed for a game by the way and all I had going for me was the fact that I tied to hurt people when I tackled them....

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

that post is funking hilarious

12. 1028

1028 Active Member

You guys smell that...

*sniff* *sniff*

Smells like bullshit to me

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I couldn't do it in HS, I lifted but not the way I do now and I was a small WR when I graduated HS.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

6'5"

225 lbs

Hornet has taken Tae Kwon Do for 4 years and is in pretty decent shape even though he is nearing 50.

Rather than lifting 225 once, I think I would opt for lifting 1 pound 225 times. There is less chance of Hornet popping a nut this way.

I still can run pretty fast, but have no idea how fast I am.

As for Wonderlic, I think I would get a 50 there quite easily. Not being an ego dork here, but I have studied greatly my whole life, and I am a deep thinker. Problem resolution is something I love.

15. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Right now--I'm 6'1", 195 lbs(I balooned, I was in the best shape of my life Sr. year at like 155 at the same(basically) heigh).
    40 I'd probably be in the fives. Maybe even six? I'm not going to lie and say I ran a 4 something, I know that I'm not too quick. I'll split it and go with 5.5. Sounds reasonable for me.

Bench-0 times at 225. In HS I was only doing like low 100's because my upper body wasn't a strength of mine, and I didn't care much about. Plus my shoulder really limits what I can do with my chest and back, and makes flat lifts hard for me. (My legs were another story though--worked them out constantly, would be able to do 400-500 lbs. on the leg press)

Wonderlic prolly between 40-50, I'd guess on the higher end. I'm a smart guy, pretty good college, have done well on standardized tests. My biggest problem from the practice tests is I can't tell the difference between r's and n's sometimes.

16. MawaesDaMan

MawaesDaMan New Member

5'10" around 250. I can bench 225 mid teens, best right after college, could do mid 20s. Not a runner, so no idea on the 40. High school played football, center/guard, NT/DT, pending the year. Threw shot put & discus and in college played rugby, Prop.

Wonderlic, I would do well, MBA degree, always tested well and pretty logical mind.

17. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Not a liar

In response to the poster who asked about my credentials:

B.S. is from Cornell; not the hardest Ivy to get into but the hardest to graduate from! In retrospect I could have probably gotten into Harvard, Yale, or Princeton when you considered that I played football too. Decided not to play in College because of Pre-Med work load.

PhD is from University of Michigan, working with arguably one of the best research teams in the world in my chosen field.

Why do people assume that athletic talent and academic intelligence are mutually exclusive. Would a combination of intelligence and artistic ability or athletic and musical ability be more believeable. For the record I do not have great muscial or artistic talent.

#57 AtlantaJet, Mar 3, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  18. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I dont know about the other drills but my 40 is 4.39 because i am older. Im in a softball team in queens and thats what i was clocked.

When i was younger and alot more in shape i ran a 4.32.

19. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Then that makes you the fastest softball player on planet earth!

The softball players I know drink beer and smoke in the dugout.:drunk: :drunk:

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I can do sets of 10...after running 5 miles....I could probably score well on the Wonderlic. My 40 time would suck.