If only...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm kinda partial to "Lesser Deity of Football Ops' :)

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They missed by 1 game. If Bowles had a brain they would have made it. Oh and their old coach Rex Ryan took them out. How appropriate. Fitz had a great season threw more TD than any Jets in history. So what exactly has improved since Bowles first season. That's easy nothing at all.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

don't move the goal post here, you said bowles had a playoff caliber team when he took over. is that what you thought? why, because of geno? or was it fitz and his 11 years of not being in the playoffs? was it that stellar 4-12 record they were coming off of? you must had them going 12-4 and challenging the pats that year huh?

and nothing has improved since bowles first season, but that has more to do with the roster than the coach, you know, chicken salad,chicken shit and all.

4. boozer32

I'm talking 2015 where are you going with this? Bowles first year playoff caliber team went 10-6 but they lost 3 in a row to finish the season. Yes I did expect them to challenge the Pats the next year but then Bowles rear his ugly clueless self and the rest is history. Unless you want to go in another direction. They haven't been close since.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

they weren't a play off caliber team in 2015, he was not, your words, handed a playoff caliber team. no one thought they were even going to be an 8-8 team. he overachieved with a few breaks, a qb that played way above the back of his playing card and a weak schedule and all that luck went away in week 17 when his star cb sucked and his overachieving qb regressed back to his mean to be one of the few teams to miss the playoffs with 10 wins, what has happened since is the roster has gotten worse, once by bad decisions and once by design in order to get the cap back in shape.

Will-I-Am-Not, soh_vet and zace like this.
  6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Thane of the Ball?

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The Jets definitely did not lose 3 in a row to end the year. They were 5-5 and then ran off 5 straight wins before losing that game in Buffalo.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Gridiron Thane, maybe?

Potentate of Pigskin? Or are we saving that for some once-in-a-generation player?

donkey likes this.
  9. boozer32

Correct. Bottom line they haven't improved or even been close since.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I credit Master Chan for that first year of 10-6 ..that plus a fairly easy sched

Bowles should be Coaching HS with Kacy but Woody punches a generous meal ticket for him..it's the Johnstons idea of Charity prob...pitiful

boozer32 likes this.
  11. boozer32

Did they not sign Marshall, Revis, Skrine and bought back Cromartie. When have they splurged in free agency like that? They loaded up for a run. Now they are signing 40 year old QB's and old broken down runningback like Forte. I don't know how many more ways you want me to lay it out.

NYJetsO12 likes this.