IF Murray goes #1, what do you want to do?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jedi mind tricks, Mar 4, 2019.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

In a perfect world:

Murray to Zona
    Metcalf to 9ers - they wanted OBJ or AB and struck out on both, and just traded for Dee Ford
    Bosa to Jets

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd be fine with the Jets staying at #3 and taking Allen, but I'd rather they trade down with the Giants, add the Giants' 2nd round pick and more picks, and take Brian Burns. If the Jets don't sign a FA C and are gonna count on getting their C in the draft, then they need to get a 2nd round pick. Even if they can get Jenkins in the 3rd round, there are some great WR prospects that they could/should get in the 2nd round, or maybe an OG like Chris Lindstrom.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I don't know that we would have needed two, but now that Barr shafted us, I want the Jets to sign Justin Houston and then draft one. As much as I like Allen, I'd still rather trade down, take Burns and then be able to add a great WR, C or other OL in the 2nd round.

4. NCJetsfan

My version of a perfect world would be trading down with the Giants, getting the #6 pick, their 2nd round pick, one of their 3rd round picks and next year's 1st.

With our Giants picks we take Brian Burns at #6. We take N'Keal Harry, Deebo Samuel, or if we still don't have a C, take one of Bradbury or Jenkins in the second (I don't think we can risk one falling to our first 3rd round pick), and with their 3rd round pick we take either a WR (if we took C in the 2nd), or CB. We could use our own two 3rd round picks to take the other of those two positions and an OG. Then with the Giants' 1st round pick next year using that to trade up to get the best LT prospect in next year's draft.

#104 NCJetsfan, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    amuck57 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I also do not think Macc was married tot he edge rusher because he tried to sign Fowler---I am glad he didn't Fowler is inferior to the guys coming out. He might trade down. He should secure a sure thing edge rusher and keep him for 8 years.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

My version of a perfect world. We trade down with the Giants, getting their 6th pick plus all the other picks you included. Then Bosa or Allen falls to 6 and we take him there. Hey, a guy can dream.

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Bricks would be shat if they could pull this off. It's certainly not impossible.