IF Murray goes #1, what do you want to do?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jedi mind tricks, Mar 4, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I wouldn't be mad with Bosa, either, just like Allen better.

I'm not sure any team has two 2nd round picks this year. I think more likely it would be a 1st and 2nd round pick this year and a 2nd next year with maybe a 4th or 6th round pick thrown in. I want the Jets to acquire a 6th round pick as part of a trade down. I want them to get Foster Moreau or a decent blocking TE or a good STs player in the 6th round.

Yes, having Flowers or Barr along with Allen or Bosa on the other side would definitely turn the pass rush into a strength, but it would leave the Jets without upgrading the offense very much with no 2nd round pick and not much in the way of offensive playmakers in FA.

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Which is why I believe it is imperative to sign LeVeon Bell and a guy like Golden Tate. If we do that and sign a guy like Matt Paradis then we could definitely go into the draft to double dip at edge.

3. NCJetsfan

We definitely need to sign Paradis or Morse. That should perhaps be our #1 priority. We also need to sign a LG. I'd love to sign Tate, but don't know if the Jets have any interest in him or not. As great as he is, I'm not a fan of Bell's. I think he's a selfish player and likely to hold out for money in a year or two, and I don't think we want a diva in the locker room influencing all the young players we have. I certainly can understand why you and others want to sign him as he would be exciting and should make our offense a lot better if he can stay healthy and on the field. Still, I hope we don't sign him, but wouldn't be angry if we did unless he acted like a diva here and held out for more money in a year or two. I'd rather go with Ingram or Coleman and a 3rd round draft pick at RB. The 2020 draft is supposed to be loaded with stud RBs. I'd also like the Jets to draft one next year, but if they sign Bell, I don't think we would.

#83 NCJetsfan, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    NYJFOREVER and Leicester Jet like this.
  4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

For the Allen vs. Bosa, I see Bosa as the better pass rusher by a bit, but Allen is better at everything else. Bosa more of a DE, Allen more of an OLB. Both can play OLB/edge whatever they call it now a days, in a 3-4. Not sure if my point is getting across...

FJF, CotcheryFan and themorey like this.
  5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Bosa has more power and will be better at setting the edge. He is way more well rounded as a line defender.

Allen has superior speed and bend, and it’s not even close when talking about coverage skills.

Bosa is a more typical 43 end who can play edge in the 34.

Allen is a more typical 34 edge who can play with his hand in the dirt if called for.

To me, it’s really a coin toss. I knew how good Bosa was and watched some of his games pre injury just to remind me of it. With Allen I fell in love with him as a prospect quickly. I think he’s exactly what the Jets need on defense and really want him and green and white. You can’t go wrong with either of them.

6. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If Allen is as good in coverage as they say he is...and turns out to be a DECENT pass-rusher (not the 2nd coming of LT)....then take him 3rd if he's still there, even over Q. Williams.

I know Gronk is almost done, but we need a LB who can cover a damn TE. And RB's.

And I don't mean chasing them from 5-7 yards away. :D

7. NCJetsfan

What do you think about Burns and Sweat?

8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Not at #3 and I'm not sold on trading down.

I want the best player at #3.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Love Burns, his bend is fantastic and he has a ton of moves. Sweat is a very good edge, but below the others. I see him as more of a late first round / early second guy.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Thanks! Where would you take Burns or where do you think would be an appropriate place for him to go in the first round? I agree with you regarding both. I have seen a couple of mock drafts project Sweat as a top 20, if not top 15 pick. That was surprising.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think Burns could easily sneak into the top ten. He's a dynamic pass rusher and everyone needs those. I really don't see him falling much past Green bay at 12. I think Sweat is getting a post combine bump his tape does not warrant in mocks.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If we trade down, Burns might be my top target given his upside of game changing pass rusher and he fills a massive hole. After that, go offense, especially skill position players.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. Sweat projects as a 2 way strong side DE in a 4-3 ala Shaun Ellis/Michael Strahan. Those guys are always gonna be coveted bc they dont come around every year & their impact is immense in that scheme.

I think Sweat is a very good prospect but im not sure he projects as an edge in a 3-4 that said he had a monster combine that suggests taking a second look.Can he be quick & flexible enough to play a strong side edge in a 3-4 and still be a productive pass rusher?

Burns is likely just a good of a pass rusher as Allen with a bit of a different skillset. Both similar finesse style weakside 3-4 players.Allen is superior mainly for the coverage aspect but Burns looks like a top 10 pick.He glides to the QB w ease.

NYJetsO12, Harpua and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Sweat is getting the combine bump for sure because all his measurements were insane. A 4.41 timed 40 at his size? Arms that are almost 36"? The dude is a freak. He was being discussed as a later 1st before the combine but he will get overdrafted based on his physical traits. He did have 2 years of double digit sacks in the SEC so its not like he was just a one year wonder. I think he's probably going in the early to mid teens.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. phubbadaman

Based on the early moves by Jets, I'm still happy to take Bosa/Allen at 3 if they are there, but I'm now more inclined to try to move down a little bit and hopefully get some youth for the OL/CB positions.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

WR/RB/OL/CB are the positions that need to be addressed in the draft IMO. OL becomes less of a priority if we sign Paradis. RB if we sign Bell.

17. NCJetsfan

I normally agree with you, but not regarding CB. We cannot go into the draft having to draft a #2 CB and a slot CB. Sorry, but that's just nuts! I agree with the rest, but Mac has to sign at least one, and preferably two CBs in FA.

The CBs presently on our roster are Trumaine Johnson, Darryl Williams, Jeremy Clark, Derrick Jones, Rashard Robinson, Arthur Maulet, and Parry Nickerson. We cannot go into the draft with that being our CB corps.

18. phubbadaman

1. Yes I'm quoting myself, deal with it.
    2. Based on our new updated information of Barr backing out, I'm now back aboard the Josh Allen train at 3.

mrjet80 likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We need two good edge rushers, even if we had signed Barr, or if we do sign anyone else.. Bosa and Allen should be the best options if there

stinkyB likes this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

1 Stay put and take Allen.
    2 In third round get a center and a RB to pair with Coleman ( assuming Bell doesn't sign )
    3 Hopefully Mac signs 2 CBs at some point in the next 24 hours..........