IF Murray goes #1, what do you want to do?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jedi mind tricks, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I've very firmly believed that trading down is our best option but the Murray to the cards talk is picking up steam. I still don't think it's likely but it certainly at least seems possible.
    If it does happen it guarantees either Bosa or
    Allen are there at 3.
    Do you pass on either of them to trade down? I'm not so sure anymore.
    There's also the crowd that want Q Williams regardless of who is there after his combine

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

We should trade our 3rd overall for Rosen and have a good old QB competition in camp.

3. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

championship

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'd like to trade down, but I think Josh Allen is too good to pass on. If Murray is 1 and Bosa is 2, we would need to get a lot for me to consider moving down, unless it was a trade with Oakland, who had their eye on someone else.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Draft who ever is left out of Bosa or Allen, unless some team goes bat shit crazy with an offer.

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

If Murray goes #1 overall, the likely scenario is that the 49ers will take Bosa or Allen at 2.

The only circumstance I see the Jets not staying at 3 and taking Allen or Bosa is if they get a QB hungry team to trade up to 3rd overall. This trade down would likely include 1st this year, 1st next year and additional picks for this years draft.

If Murray goes #1 overall, I think it could lessen the likelihood we trade down. The Jets came into this offseason needing Oline help and pass rushers. At 3rd overall, it looks like we will be able to take care of the pass rush in a big way.

Give me the speed rusher in Josh Allen. Him and Jordan Jenkins on the outside is a very solid combo.

FJF likes this.
  7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

DO NOT TRADE DOWN !!!

Any of you remember the Orlando Pace Debacle of 1997 ? Bill Parcells was apoplectic about all the draft capital the Jets gave up to free him from NE....we traded down (twice, I believe) and ended up getting NOBODY who was a significant player 2 or 5 years down the road. We gave up the #1 overall pick to the Rams who got an All-Pro left-tackle for a decade.

Draft Bosa or Allen !!

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’d still prefer to trade down but do agree that staying at 3 and just taking who’s left between Allen and Bosa does sound mighty enticing.

Ideally we’d trade down but stay in top 8 but don’t really see that happening. Either way it’s looking like 3 is a fantastic spot in this draft with a lot of good options.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

If Allen or Bosa is available at 3 I agree with phub... Only trade down with Oakland if they want someone else. Then try to get TB to move up 1 spot depending on who they want. The give a big middle finger to the Giants and take Allen/Bosa.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Allen is there at 3 I would take him, but maybe not Bosa if the right offer to trade back came. For me that would mean trading back with Oakland or Tampa, and maybe the Giants so that we could get good draft capital and retain a prime spot to pick from.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd take one of the top pass rushers at 3 unless a team has an offer that's too good to refuse to move up to our spot.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Edge rushers don't grow on trees. If Allen/Bosa falls you have to pull the trigger unless you get back a king's ransom. Q Williams has been impressing at the combine as well, so he could make himself a case at 1 or 2 as well.

There is a slight chance the Jets will have the CHOICE of Bosa or Allen and if that happens, they can trade down a couple spots and still get one of them.

13. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Bosa, Allen, and maybe Williams or TRADE DOWN should be the only options!

Rashan Gary is going to bust.....I'll put money on it

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have been on board to trade down to 8 or 15 since there will be plenty of Offensive Linemen to be had. OTOH the best of the best players, who have the least odds of busting out, are to be found in Round One especially top 10. Both Allen and Bosa are extremely talented so that said>>>

Are we not getting a Pass Rusher in Free Agency eg Fowler or possibly Laurence.????..in ONE WEEK we all will see where this is going

Till then Mac should plan on getting a kings ransom before giving up the 3 spot...Keep all Options open is best. But remember focusing exclusively on D for 8 years has not been too smart. You have a FQB to protect with your OL and possibly Bell looking for holes to run through

There's a smarter brain trust (not just Mac) handling these decisions now

Leicester Jet likes this.
  15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

If they take Q. Williams, would they have L. Williams slim down and play end? Serious question.

16. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

As there's a good chance that Murray and Williams will go 1 and 2, we'll have our pick of Bosa and Allen. Between the two, I'm more impressed with Allen. His speed is unbelievable. However, I have a feeling that if one of the two is taken and Williams is left on the board, Mac is still going to take Williams as he will be "the best player available" and "too good to pass up." I really hope on though because I don't want them using yet another high first round pick on a defensive tackle, especially if we're sticking with 3-4.

17. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

It all depends on FA. What if we sign McClowney and Flowers? Still go with Bossa or Allen? Probably not. Hopefully teams will hand over nice picks to get a decent tall WR, Butler for example, OL and CB.

Trade down to get picks

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Without trading down it means investing another high pick in a pass rusher.

Abraham.Ellis.Thomas.Robertson.Gholston.Wilkerson.Richardson.Williams. You guys willing to add another name to this list & kick the offensive can down the road another year?8 guys taken 1st round over 17 drafts. Spin the wheel round & round it goes

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

One of the main reasons I’d prefer to trade down. I’m hoping not to be picking so high again in a long time. I’d prefer to get an offensive pice that can grow with Darnold for remainder of career with this pick.

Too bad there really isn’t an offensive player that is worth the 3 pick.

20. For sure.If there was anyone remotely close to worth it on offensive side id say reach..but there really isnt;MAYBE you justify an RT in Williams/Taylor given that those arent easy to find either..but i think thats a waste at 3.

DK Metcalf will get hype & maybe someone is dumb enough to jump on him top 10 but he really has no business.Hes a top 20 prospect as a gamble on his upside.

Im so tired of investing in pass rushers & even when theyre good they dont impact winning games. Id almost rather slightly reach on Devin White..

NCJetsfan, Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.