If Kirk Cousins signs with the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mario, Jan 31, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

The skins lost by nine, int didn't end the game.

But hey, what do facts have to do with it?

2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Lamar Locos? That is very good and I love the other nick names.

Mel Kiper thinks Josh Allen is the man so maybe we should call him the Josh Kipers.

I think you are smart to lean towards Rosen.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  3. Patriot

I'm not from an Ivy League background, but I do know some Skull and Bones members. Unfortunately they don't tell me anything other than I can't tell you anything. I am sort of jealous of them.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

AHHAHAHAHAHA

No Skull here...more like a numbskull when it comes to picking your favorite Team!

At Yale selected underclassman are "tapped" on the shoulder their Junior year to be a Member...you pretty much HAVE TO accept the invite and once you are in it's a Death Oath to reveal anything about them...considering they are from power elite families it's serious

Famous Skulls: John Kerry Former Sec of State....George Bush former US President ...Walter Camp , Father of American Football..William Taft President..Lyman Spitzer, AstroPhys idea behind the Hubble Space Telescope..McGeorge Bundy...advised Kennedy, linked to US involvement Vietnam War..GHW Bush father of George ,US President...William S Buckley famous talk show host and Conservative editor of Nat Review

How did YOU ..err err ah..meet Skull and Bone Members????? Heheheheh

#304 NYJetsO12, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  5. Patriot

If I tell you they will kill me.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I haven't made it all the way through this thread yet but this post struck me. I'm in favor of trying for Cousins but also acknowledge that somehow magically picking the next great FQB in the draft would be the ideal move. This above post lays out the downside risk (which is legitimate and could definitely happen) of getting Kirk Cousins. But the striking thing to me is that going 9-7, 10-6, and making the playoffs is the WORST CASE scenario?

I'm a pretty simple dude but if you tell me that is the worst case scenario I ask where the pen is so I can sign up for it. The best case is rainbows and unicorns. I think any one of the drafted rookie QBs, most especially the passed over leftovers the Jets will have to choose from have a worst case scenario that is a hell of a lot worse than this one. Like 2-14 and an empty stadium is the worst case after Baker Mayfield implodes.

nicg4360 likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you're okay with "Good" and never reaching the "Best", I guess that's your prerogative. And you're probably in the majority as well, but I'll pass.

I don't know how old you are, or how long you've been a fan, but I go back to the original AFL days, when the Jets were actually the Titans, and the hallmark of that upstart league was "Go big or go home". I loved watching guys like Namath, Hadl, Lamonica, Stabler, Fouts, airing it out and taking chances. The death of the AFL came when they absorbed into the NFL, and the death - or maybe zombie existence - of the Jets began, as they abandoned their high flying image and tried to become a "respectable" NFL team, relying on defense to win - "Defense wins championships", right? But while they were trying, and mostly failing at that over the years, a funny thing happened in the NFL: the powers that be realized that while "defense wins championships", it loses viewers and revenue, so they began to change the rules and how they're interpreted on the field so that OFFENSE and SCORING became the objective...just like the old AFL days. But apparently Leon and Woody never got the memo because they kept hiring guys who focused on trying to build impregnable defenses, with offense as an afterthought. If teh lightbulb hasn't gone on yet for the Johnsons, I doubt it ever will.

After having traveled down memory lane to write this, it occurs to me that I should've stopped rooting for the Jets when they joined the NFL.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Let's try to be guided by the following quotations when posting our views:

"When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate."
    -- Addison Whithecomb

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -Aristotle

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Cousins led an impressive drive against the Lions last year to put the Skins ahead by 4 with a minute remaining. The defense let Stafford throw the winning TD.

The next week, he put his team in position to win an OT game by making a 34 yard FG. The kicker missed.

Defense and ST hold up their end of the bargain and the Skins win 8 in a row last season, but hey, credit Jimmy G for Gould making kicks and knock Cousins for Hopkins missing his.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Better then a bunch of fans creating conspiracy theories about Todd Bowles job. I'll take the Cousins talk as there is actual interest between the two.

FJF and LF911SC like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That article is about the Vikings. I don't think I would sign Cousins either. Bridgewater or even Keenum are fine options. It is about situation. The Jets need a QB more. I would pay for Cousins. It's already established he is not elite or Aaron Rodgers level. Still really good though. If Mac does enough studying and deems Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield better for the long haul, that is fine.

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I just think we are finally in a position to draft a qb of the future. We should take it so we don't find ourselves back here in a few years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I will be so proud of this team if they resist temptation and Pass on Capt Kirk Cousins ...it will be a commitment to a true rebuild thru the Draft and not asking for a Vet to win a couple of games for you..miss the playoffs ..then pay me suckah

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

there is no rebuild, there are teams with qbs and teams looking for qbs. everything else is fan talk

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This is basically me, but I would also have some coffee with Mayfield's crew.

westiedog1 and playtowinthegame like this.
  16. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

If the Skins tag him, it is at 32.5 million, no?

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If the Skins tag him they are officially going to be known as the worst ran franchise in all of sports.

LF911SC and FJF like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Dan Graziano on ESPN today has his predictions for next season. For whatever that is worth he is predicting Cousins signs a 6 year $186 mill contract with ....the New York Jets. would be the highest ever, at least until the next big name QB signs a contract, anyway. Graziano is also predicting the Cousins-led Jets make the wild card playoffs with a 10-6 record his first season here

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...s-sign-kirk-cousins-super-bowl-liii-pick-more

19. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Now we got another crew creepin' in on our quarterback territory. They are the ones who want Nick Foles, and they call themselves the Saint Nicks. The have "RPO 4 LIFE" tattoos on their rights bicep.

slimjasi likes this.
  20. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

$34 million

KC is a really good QB but that next contract will be an anchor.

And while the numbers may look the same, he isn't as good as Stafford, as mentioned earlier.

Draft and groom.

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.