Idzik throwing RR under the bus.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyIommi, Mar 20, 2014.

1. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

I'm not a conspiracy type of guy but what's going on with the Jets smells funny.

IMO, Idzik wanted to fire Rex and bring in his own guy. The only problem was Rex coached his ass off and brought the Jets in at 8-8. Most likely that was twice as many wins as Idzik expected. So now he has a P.R. problem, if he fires Rex jets nation would be up in arms. So, he reluctantly extends Rex by one year but decides to send him into battle with a pea shooter.

By doing nothing in free agency and having the Jets blow this year,he gets to push a ton of money into next year, fire Rex and bring in his own guy, get a top 10 pick next year, and basically take credit for the turn around of the Jets. Most likely Brady will be done or close to it for the 2016 season. Bingo, Jets start winning the East and RR isn't around to suck away the limelight.

I honestly believe he is sacrificing this year for a better long term result and doesn't want to share the credit. If the jets start trading away some of this years picks for fuure picks, I think that would tell us what his real motivation is.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So let me get this straight, Idzik wants to continue sucking for another year just so Rex could get fired?

You do realize the leash gets shorter for Idzik if the Jets suck too right?

Unbelievable ...

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Terrible logic and not true. Idzik is building the team how he wants though. Not so sure he is building it the way Rex would, but he is not trying to set Rex up to fail. In fact, far from that. So far, all he has done is not re-sign Cromartie. Obviously, they feel there is something wrong with his hip or he would have been re-signed. Idzik has a plan and he is sticking to it. That is it right now.

M00ndawg likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

These fuckin threads are killing me man. You guys sound almost as bad as these morons on ESPN claiming that this is a conspiracy to make Rex suck next year.

You guys do realize it is March and the only area we got worse in is at CB? We have the same, if not better, offensive line. We got better at WR adding Decker, whether he is a number one or two. We are the same in the front seven and the same at safety. We are the same at QB and RB and we are the same at kicker and TE.

We have yet to enter this year's draft where we have 12 picks and there are talks of us making a trade for guys like Johnathan Joseph or DeSean Jackson. Can you calm the fuck down with this ignorant posting? It's making me really hate this fan base.

5. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Not only that but if he wanted to fire Rex he could have done it 3 months ago. 8 wins means jack. Lovie went 10-6 and got fired by the new GM.

The fact that people can't figure that out shows an extreme lack of football IQ.

6. Falco21

Yup. He extended the guy for another year with major incentives yet he wants to make him fail LOL

7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. I think Idzik just don't know what he doing. I hope I'm wrong.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If we get JJ AND D-Jax, people will still complain, I see you are trying to fight the good fight but it's not worth the trouble.

9. Falco21

Of course they will. They will say that we spent too much. And if we don't get either, we didn't spend enough.

Fuckin joke

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Some awful threads on here.

Too quick to judge Idzik moves, definitely zero logic in thinking it's to have Rex fired. This team is good and we are adding another 12 young players to it. I can't understand sky is falling camp. The team is already better than last year on offense. Rather have young and hungry than old set their way players that can dismantle direction.

We have a strong core, coming up out of Jets farm. Adding maybe 12 more to come up through Jets farm. 12 young rookies will respond to Rex and camp. I like where this team is going.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't believe it either. If you watched our games last season and saw Jets personnel after the game you saw a very happy Idzik after a win. He wasn't smiling for a camera, either. He was caught on camera. And when the Jets signed Idzik he was known as a quality guy. We heard that from a lot of people. I like the way the Jets are not overspending for the tier 1 FAs which is usually the smart way to go. There's plenty of good players left to sign. This team needs depth at a lot of positions.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Idzik is a moron, but then Rex is a fool, so they deserve each other.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

If he gets one of those guys I will back off Idzik.

15. Falco21

LOL You and shitty ass threads is like white on rice. You either create one or you post some insightful post in one. I love it

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And you are no JetsFan sir.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You guys listen to Idzik presser?Rex ryan also about to be on Michael Kay show

18. Falco21

Was there a question if he was? He has a picture of our starting QB with the word "bust" plastered across his face and he has consistently shit on Idzik, Rex, and this franchise every day.

If that's a fan, Idk what I am

19. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Whoote="101_GANG_GREEN_101, post: 2965815, member: 9655"]So let me get this straight, Idzik wants to continue sucking for another year just so Rex could get fired?

You do realize the leash gets shorter for Idzik if the Jets suck too right?

Unbelievable ...[/quote]
    Who's leash is longer?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It does help a lot when obvioustroll is obvioustroll.